IGNORED

Dave Jones

iWurzel

Have it on very good authority that Dave Jones will be joining in mid October.

I am of course as sceptical as anyone else about this right at this point, but all I can say is the same source was right on the money about:

a) David James signing

b) Steve Coppell resigning

before they happened.

Don't shoot the messenger!

I am of course as sceptical as anyone else about this right at this point, but all I can say is the same source was right on the money about:

a) David James signing

before they happened.

I sincerely hope that you are right, I've heard this from a connected person also so let's hope there is truth in it :sign09:

So if City win the next two games and then go on a run of good results, Dave Jones will still be joining City?

As I said, please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just passing on what I've been told by someone I work with, who has a legitimate source at the club.

If anyone else had told me I would have laughed it off, but as the other two things I've been told by the same person panned out exactly as I was told, I'm not dismissing this as nonsense just yet...

a) David James signing

before they happened.

Did you post both the stories about James and Coppell on here BEFORE THEY HAPPENED because I don't recall anything on here about Coppell

until it was announced by the media and club on the day he resigned.

Robbored's point is a good one - think about it

CR

So if City win the next two games and then go on a run of good results, Dave Jones will still be joining City?

Have to agree with Robbored on this one. IF we win our next 2 homes games then draw at Blackpool , I cant see the board replacing KM.

(yes it's a big if !!)

maybe as director of football to help millen who is out of his depth at them moment, help get to grips and guide him to become the manager you believe he is,

I don't think its true until millen has gone anyway

Nothing wrong with a rumour now & again, although if this is the case why on earth would we wait until mid October....? Hes a free agent.... Maybe he has a family holiday / commitments to see to first...oh wait......deja vouz?

I alot of managers these days have clauses in their settlements from clubs that they can't start at a new club until after say 6 months,

Dowie did which is why tango man sued charlton

Nogbad for the love of god when a new manager comes in DO NOT GET YOUR PHOTO TAKEN WITH HIM!!!!!!!!! :laughcont:

I've mentioned this to him on a number of occasions - if you see him coming up to you at the Open Day, run.....!

Have to agree with Robbo though, mid October makes no sense at all. It's either here and now or nothing. I worry that if it's left too long then we're going to be adrift with only Doncaster for company

I've mentioned this to him on a number of occasions - if you see him coming up to you at the Open Day, run.....!

Have to agree with Robbo though, mid October makes no sense at all. It's either here and now or nothing. I worry that if it's left too long then we're going to be adrift with only Doncaster for company

we don't know the terms of his departure from Cardiff he might not be able to manage a club for a amount of time

we don't know the terms of his departure from Cardiff he might not be able to manage a club for a amount of time

Yeah, was just working it out

Pretty certain he was sacked, so surely they can't put any time limit on when he works again. Surely they can only do that if he's resigned to stop him going to a rival etc etc? Only reason I can think of is that he was happy to stay on the payroll for x amount of time to see out a specific time frame, few holidays, recharge the batteries etc and wait for the endless round of sackings to start

Yeah, was just working it out

Pretty certain he was sacked, so surely they can't put any time limit on when he works again. Surely they can only do that if he's resigned to stop him going to a rival etc etc? Only reason I can think of is that he was happy to stay on the payroll for x amount of time to see out a specific time frame, few holidays, recharge the batteries etc and wait for the endless round of sackings to start

Clubs can and do, do it. It's called gardening leave.

Instead of paying them their contract off, they carry on paying them in the hope that they will quit.. Of course then they wouldnt have to pay the remainder of the contract

Clubs can and do, do it. It's called gardening leave.

Instead of paying them their contract off, they carry on paying them in the hope that they will quit.. Of course then they wouldnt have to pay the remainder of the contract

Your'e right. Rovers had 3 managers on their pay roll until Trollope got the ass. manager job at Birmingham.

i see the next 3 games going as follows: home at hull get a 0-0/1-0 win(maybe but my moneys on the 0-0), reading at home get a scrappy 1-0 win maybe or a 0-0/1-1 draw(probaly the draw knowing us), blackpool away loose 2-0/3-1 with kevin phillips doing the bizzo on us!

bring in dave jones now!! ive stuck up for KM alot when ppl have been knocking him but i cant see it getting any better then it is atleast dave jones will freshen things up try new things and maybe we can head for the play-offs(all tho he's not great in them is he :laugh:!)

CTID!!!!

i see the next 3 games going as follows: home at hull get a 0-0/1-0 win(maybe but my moneys on the 0-0), reading at home get a scrappy 1-0 win maybe or a 0-0/1-1 draw(probaly the draw knowing us), blackpool away loose 2-0/3-1 with kevin phillips doing the bizzo on us!

bring in dave jones now!! ive stuck up for KM alot when ppl have been knocking him but i cant see it getting any better then it is atleast dave jones will freshen things up try new things and maybe we can head for the play-offs(all tho he's not great in them is he :laugh:!)

CTID!!!!

I think a complete change of Outlook is needed for both these games. Take the shackles off and attack, if we get beat so be it, but show the fans some attacking intent.

Come on Keith, give them a pure attacking brief and let the opposition worry about us for a change. Give the paying public something to cheer about.

I think a complete change of Outlook is needed for both these games. Take the shackles off and attack, if we get beat so be it, but show the fans some attacking intent.

Come on Keith, give them a pure attacking brief and let the opposition worry about us for a change. Give the paying public something to cheer about.

cudnt agree more TRL, we need to attack attack attack in front of our own fans and take the game to hull and reading but i honestly cant see it happening under millen hes going to play one out and out striker like he has been im sure of it and we want get the results we need!

i just hope he does what u say and takes a completly different approach to these games but he doesnt seem to learn by his mistakes, like i said i wanna support him but he's trying my paitence!!

CTID!!

Archived