IGNORED

Jacki & Cole

fka dagest

Jacki was my favourite player as well. I dont care what people say, when city were bottom of the old first div the gates were still around 18,000 down the gate. jacki and cole were class

Not sure what the crowds 12 years earlier have to do with this video??

Jacki was my favourite player as well. I dont care what people say, when city were bottom of the old first div the gates were still around 18,000 down the gate. jacki and cole were class

:laugh: 18000 i think you will find 8000 :)

I miss Jackie, pure quality, would pay to go in and watch him by himself, no matter how poor the match you know he would do something to make you smile.

I can't remember Scott missing a penalty for us! evidently he did :) Even when we were not great back then, we played some good football.

Makes you appreciate the huge advancement of pitch/grass technology.

Martin Scott.. proper left back, sure he was pretty exceptional at penalties.. what happened :surrender:

Would love to see if anyone has the Portsmouth/City 3-3 home game opener of that season (I think) - that really was some game

That game must have been under Denis Smith as he signed Cole, funnily enough I seem to remember Munro being a bit earlier than that.

I guess that must have been the first season the East End was seated. As we all know it was never the same after. I'm sure back then it was still only £6 or £7 to watch a game in the EE.

How the hell did we end up in a situation where people are paying £30 to watch a game on the day. disapointed2se.gif

There was only 8810 at that match , great palyer that he was , he didn't pull many in !!

Tells you all you need to know about our support, even with Cole Jackie Scott etc etc, with pretty good football. Our crowds were still poor. Anyone thinking we will regularly get crowds of 18k plus after the novelty factor of the new stadium has worn off, are quite frankly living in cloud cuckoo land

ha ha 18,000 are yop joking, take at least 8,000 off your figure....seriously, only game that may have been even near that was city 3 portsmouth 3 but dont think that game was anything near that

ha ha 18,000 are yop joking, take at least 8,000 off your figure....seriously, only game that may have been even near that was city 3 portsmouth 3 but dont think that game was anything near that

Your completely right!

I need to take my rose tinted specs off. Our average attendance in 1999 was 12,800 (last time we were in this div).

Jacki still my fav player though

Tells you all you need to know about our support, even with Cole Jackie Scott etc etc, with pretty good football. Our crowds were still poor. Anyone thinking we will regularly get crowds of 18k plus after the novelty factor of the new stadium has worn off, are quite frankly living in cloud cuckoo land

I dont know , football in those days still had a bit of a bad reputation. There was still a bit of hooliganism around and if I remember correctly , you couldn't buy season tickets on a monthly pay scheme so most fans would POTD (may explain why the prices were cheaper). With all the initiatives around now and the matchday experience more suited to women and kids , I think we could be looking at 16-18K in a new ground. We have more season ticket holders today than were in the ground that day!!

As far as that team goes , we were 2 or 3 signings short of a decent side. As you say Cole , Jacki , Scott also Gavin & The Chief.

Your completely right!

I need to take my rose tinted specs off. Our average attendance in 1999 was 12,800 (last time we were in this div).

Jacki still my fav player though

Jacki was with us the time before that visit to what is now the championship. Im pretty sure that our attendances went down to 7000 odd at some point when osman was in charge.

I dont know , football in those days still had a bit of a bad reputation. There was still a bit of hooliganism around and if I remember correctly , you couldn't buy season tickets on a monthly pay scheme so most fans would POTD (may explain why the prices were cheaper). With all the initiatives around now and the matchday experience more suited to women and kids , I think we could be looking at 16-18K in a new ground. We have more season ticket holders today than were in the ground that day!!

As far as that team goes , we were 2 or 3 signings short of a decent side. As you say Cole , Jacki , Scott also Gavin & The Chief.

It was a great team, that was when we should of made a push for the prem. A little investment in defence and it could have been great. All if and buts. I think the cost of football now will also keep supporters away. 12-15k is the best I can ever see for us at this level, apart from the odd big game.

Just had a look at my tapes

scoring as follows

punch ups in the Dolman stand left hand side before kick off

bright sunny day

1-0 Jackie scoring towards atyeo end

1-1 whitingham scoring towards east end

1-2 whitingham scoring towards east end

2-2 Andrew scoring towards atyeo end

HALF TIME HALF TIME

3-2 Jackie scoring towards east end

3-3 whitingham scoring towards atyeo end

If any one would like to clarify what I am or NOT allowed to post on the you tube types sites then I am more that happy to post the goal action OVER TO YOU GUYS

:laugh: 18000 i think you will find 8000 :)

I miss Jackie, pure quality, would pay to go in and watch him by himself, no matter how poor the match you know he would do something to make you smile.

I can't remember Scott missing a penalty for us! evidently he did :) Even when we were not great back then, we played some good football.

I think you will find Ciderdevil was right about those gates.

Dennis Smith arrived late in the season '91/'92 when we were staring relegation in the face, due to an inept manager in Jimmy Lumsden.

The football was brilliant, and there was a determination by all to get out of the mess by playing passing, crisp football with movement.

The gates shot up as promotion favourites Ipswich,Derby and Leicester wer dispatched, by on loan Cole, Leroy Rosenior and Jacki.

Fantastic time to be watching City.

The following season never met expectations, with Smith lasting less than 1 whole season. He had spent his entire budget on Cole, and the board would not give him more funds.

Deja Vu ?

Just had a look at my tapes

scoring as follows

punch ups in the Dolman stand left hand side before kick off

bright sunny day

1-0 Jackie scoring towards atyeo end

1-1 whitingham scoring towards east end

1-2 whitingham scoring towards east end

2-2 Andrew scoring towards atyeo end

HALF TIME HALF TIME

3-2 Jackie scoring towards east end

3-3 whitingham scoring towards atyeo end

If any one would like to clarify what I am or NOT allowed to post on the you tube types sites then I am more that happy to post the goal action OVER TO YOU GUYS

I guess it's ok to post on youtube. Mind you I haven't got a clue how you would do it - transfer VHS to the PC I mean. It would be superb to see some more Jacki action.

Jack, Jack super Jack...

No problems with getting the action from Video/DVD to you tube,thats the easy part

Its the legal situation that I would like clarified

I imagine the recording is from an old HTV news report? If so I believe that company is defunct along with the legendary Malone and sky blue v-necked sweaters.

Besides there's about a million football vids on the youtube. I doubt anyone would notice or be even be bothered.

Can an expert clarify?

Some one recently contacted the football authorites about me posting football highlights.

Still waiting for clarification on football highlights.

Old Highlights that are not exclusive to any current contracts giving Sky/BBC/ESPN etc exclusive rights to show highlights or live games can be posted.

As long as its not Premier League footage (which the rights have been under contract from the day it started) then old highlights from Football League games are fine to upload to YouTube. It might only be dodgy ground if the highlights or match footage are from Sky but otherwise upload to your hearts content!

Archived