IGNORED

Respect For Keith

dragonreds

My point was that who are we to call our manager 'clueless'. As far as I'm aware none of us are fully qualified football managers who have previous played at a professional level and worked under three managers as no 2. Its an insult in my book particularly as it comes from people who have no knowledge or experience of working within the professional game at any level.

I wouldn't call any professional person 'clueless' unless I had the same knowledge and qualifications as them. Only then would I feel qualified to critise them.

Qualifications are one thing. Being able to apply knowledge is another. To pinch Elfmud's example of teachers, all may be equally qualified but there will be some who are still not good at the practice of teaching. On the evidence so far Keith seems to be one of the latter.:disapointed2se:

whilst i think it,s time for a change at the top i,m a little dissapointed with the personal abuse being heaped on keith. this is a man who has served our club loyaly for many years. yes before anyone points out i know he,s been well paid for doing it but would just like to ask people to remember this before they post. i,m not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination and as i said i think he,s out of his depth but he does,nt deserve a lot of whats being said

Oh, oh, oh the irony of this, firstly most of any abuse on the subject of Millen comes from the pro Millen lobby towards posters with a differing view to theirs, mainly because they are running out of excuses and the irony is if there actually is a little bit of abuse here and there towards Millen it is absolutely nowhere near the level of vile abuse that LJ has had especially since GJ left us and guess what most of it came from the pro Millens once more and why, because of who his father was. Whatever anybody on here thinks of LJ as a player (and yes i'm aware he polarises opinions) he to has also been loyal servant of this club and has also without any doubt is class act when to comes to not reacting to the abuse, never going public and not complaining every time last season Millen found an excuse to drop him and bring back Skuse.

I can't talk for anybody else but my view on Millen is I do not think he will ever deliver consistent results, whatever squad he has at his disposal, I don't believe he is tactically good enough.

Probably.

From Dictionary.com

Inept - without skill or aptitude for a particular task or assignment;maladroit:

Very appropriate description after 10 consecutive defeats.

and after a promotion and a play off final?

shame you couldnt see the bigger picture at the time really

go on keep trying to explain your hypocrisy. Its hilarious.

Here's a quote from a while ago made by a poster on this thread that, to my view, is rather insulting:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No doubt at all that Millen, being a clever individual spent his time during Johnson's reign of terror keeping his own council as well as keeping his head down. Bear in mind that Millen has/had youngish kids at school in Nailsea and he would not have wanted to disrupt his family life by leaving City. Thats one reason he decided not take on the manages job last season.

One thing he certainly learnt from Johnson was how not to manage. Johnson was/is a nasty piece of work and now they are finding that out at Posh.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Robbored I like many others wish you would would just go and do one. I suspect as SC Red said the other day that you're just a wind-up merchant. It's either that or you really are one of the biggest prats to ever be let loose on a keyboard.

If you are the former (I would hope), then surely the winding up must get a bit tedious after a while. Wouldn't you prefer to be respected for putting forth a valid opinion rather than any kudos you get from a 5 year wind up?

It's not even funny any more.

Here's a quote from a while ago made by a poster on this thread that, to my view, is rather insulting:

No doubt at all that Millen, being a clever individual spent his time during Johnson's reign of terror keeping his own council as well as keeping his head down. Bear in mind that Millen has/had youngish kids at school in Nailsea and he would not have wanted to disrupt his family life by leaving City. Thats one reason he decided not take on the manages job last season.

One thing he certainly learnt from Johnson was how not to manage. Johnson was/is a nasty piece of work and now they are finding that out at Posh.

Yep RR the CV writer.

Stick to what you know, excuse writer.

whilst i think it,s time for a change at the top i,m a little dissapointed with the personal abuse being heaped on keith. this is a man who has served our club loyaly for many years. yes before anyone points out i know he,s been well paid for doing it but would just like to ask people to remember this before they post. i,m not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination and as i said i think he,s out of his depth but he does,nt deserve a lot of whats being said

Why wont CS sack him then

This is the first time people have started shouting KM out

He knows what he has achieved so he knows he deserves it

Don't forget that our poor start to last season was turned around by an excellent performance against Reading at home. Maybe that will happen again tomorrow.

Personally I think all the "Millen Out" posts and chants are irrelevant. Unless we see a disastrous run of successive defeats over the coming games, I am convinced that CS and the board are not even going to consider his position until we get to Christmas.

I think KM is a nice guy (some say that is part of the problem) and his heart is in the right place. I could criticise some of his tactics but taking off Maynard and Stead last Saturday to be replaced with Pitman and Taylor was inspired and totally changed the game.

So, I say, let's get behind the team (and the manager) tomorrow (as we did against Reading last season) and get on with aiming for a mid-table finish again.

I know that is not very ambitious, but (realistically) at this stage that is the best we can hope for.

And if that does happen, do not be surprised to see Keef still there at the end of the season.

Robbored I like many others wish you would would just go and do one. I suspect as SC Red said the other day that you're just a wind-up merchant. It's either that or you really are one of the biggest prats to ever be let loose on a keyboard.

If you are the former (I would hope), then surely the winding up must get a bit tedious after a while. Wouldn't you prefer to be respected for putting forth a valid opinion rather than any kudos you get from a 5 year wind up?

I don't attack you or any other poster so why the personal attack?

If you don't like what I have to say then don't read my posts. You can always use the ignore button

Don't forget that our poor start to last season was turned around by an excellent performance against Reading at home. Maybe that will happen again tomorrow.

Personally I think all the "Millen Out" posts and chants are irrelevant. Unless we see a disastrous run of successive defeats over the coming games, I am convinced that CS and the board are not even going to consider his position until we get to Christmas.

I think KM is a nice guy (some say that is part of the problem) and his heart is in the right place. I could criticise some of his tactics but taking off Maynard and Stead last Saturday to be replaced with Pitman and Taylor was inspired and totally changed the game.

So, I say, let's get behind the team (and the manager) tomorrow (as we did against Reading last season) and get on with aiming for a mid-table finish again.

I know that is not very ambitious, but (realistically) at this stage that is the best we can hope for.

And if that does happen, do not be surprised to see Keef still there at the end of the season.

I admire your rallying call I really do, but christmas could well be too late. Have a good luck at the fixture list. The early season excuse was the teams we were playing are better than us, we are now struggling against teams who some people have confidently told us were worse than us and we haven't even played any of the top 4 yet.

As for his inspirational substitutions the law of averages says he'll get it right eventually, a win tomorrow night will only paper over the cracks IMO.

I admire your rallying call I really do, but christmas could well be too late. Have a good luck at the fixture list. The early season excuse was the teams we were playing are better than us, we are now struggling against teams who some people have confidently told us were worse than us and we haven't even played any of the top 4 yet.

As for his inspirational substitutions the law of averages says he'll get it right eventually, a win tomorrow night will only paper over the cracks IMO.

EMB.

I think it is likely that your analysis is correct, and you are right to describe my post as a "rallying call" for tomorrow.

The way I see it, our club is "on hold" at the moment until this Village Green nonsense is sorted (eventually).

So, I make no apology for just hoping we can stay in the NPC during that period. And actually it is likely that KM can do that job.

However, when the way ahead is clear, I would not be surprised to see the board bring in a new manager.

But IMO, the time for that is not now.

I think the fact Millen seems a decent sort has meant its taken this long for the majority to want him gone.

Last year he had coppell and the injuries to buy him time but really it was a pretty average season with some real home shockers eg. Boro, Sheffield weds, norwich etc.

We were led to beleive this time it would be better and it clearly ain't. Excuses such as not his team dont wash. he has signed 6 perms and loans in the last 12 months many of whom don't regularly start.

Its all wearing a bit thin and nice bloke or not he has exhausted all the goodwill towards him and it will only get nastier unless he turns it round pronto.

If the board think they can ride this out and scrape survival then they might be right but they are thick if they think they will shift many st's next season with milen producing the sort of fare we are currently seeing.

praying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gifpraying%20smiley.gif

EMB.

I think it is likely that your analysis is correct, and you are right to describe my post as a "rallying call" for tomorrow.

The way I see it, our club is "on hold" at the moment until this Village Green nonsense is sorted (eventually).

So, I make no apology for just hoping we can stay in the NPC during that period. And actually it is likely that KM can do that job.

However, when the way ahead is clear, I would not be surprised to see the board bring in a new manager.

But IMO, the time for that is not now.

Whether I agree or not you make the case very well. We are certainly on hold but it would help if the club was honest about it instead of pretending the aim is promotion when nobody believes any such thing. Hope you are right about Keith as I expect him to be around for a while yet.

Bravo! Bravo! Couldn't of put it better myself! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Archived