IGNORED

Respect For Keith

dragonreds

whilst i think it,s time for a change at the top i,m a little dissapointed with the personal abuse being heaped on keith. this is a man who has served our club loyaly for many years. yes before anyone points out i know he,s been well paid for doing it but would just like to ask people to remember this before they post. i,m not a happy clapper by any stretch of the imagination and as i said i think he,s out of his depth but he does,nt deserve a lot of whats being said

'Clueless' for a start. Aimed a man who is a fully qualified coach and the manager of our club coming from posters who could write what they know about football on the back of postage stamp.

Sorry but that is not abuse. I'm judging him as a manager - not as a person or a coach.

As for the postage stamp - speak for yourself :winner_third_h4h:

I've got respect for the clueless mup Keith, I almost feel sorry for wanting a change, we all know how he was supposed to be one of the brightest coaches when he did his badges, yet I feel for whatever reason it's not working. I'm sure at work when we're all moaning about the game I might actually call him clueless, to be fair it comes with the job I'm afraid. I should think he's got more things to worry about than fans on a forum calling him clueless, Mullen etc.

'Clueless' for a start. Aimed a man who is a fully qualified coach and the manager of our club coming from posters who could write what they know about football on the back of postage stamp.

I'd hardly call that personal abuse, it's commenting on his perceived abilities as manager of Bristol City. If you're prepared to take a high profile job like he has, you gotta take the rough with the smooth.

Keith is not a bad manager. He is not a bad coach. He is one of the nicest guys in football you will ever meet - which is probably as much his downfall as it is a positive feature about him.

To put it in other terms.... when you were at school (many on this forum still are going by some of the posts) there was always a teacher that everyone liked. You always respected him and it was always nice going to his lessons. But sometimes a few in the class wouldnt be putting in the effort in their work. That teacher tried to get angry and tell them off. But becuase he was a "everyones mate" kind of a teacher it was hard to take a telling off from him seriously and gradually the naughtier kids would take advantage of his soft touch and just constantly think they could get away with crap in his class. In the end that teacher as much as he tried just couldnt get those naughty kids to behave or take his lessons seriously. One day nice guy teacher would be off ill, you would have a subsitute teacher - who would come in from outside of school. A teacher that nobody knows and is an unknown quantity. Rather than test his patience the kids instantly buckle down and get their work done. Order is restored to class.

Moral of the story is that the teacher wasnt a bad teacher! His classes were fun and the kids looked forward to them. He had the kids on side, which is great. But sometimes you need to keep your class at arms length. The kids need to fear you as much as they respect you otherwise as much as they might like your class, when it comes to exam time - they might not get the right results if they havent been learning how they could have. The new teacher came in and instantly got the kids working hard and the work was getting done - the end of term exam saw the kids getting A* rather than D-

I dont think anyone is being disrespectful to Keith when saying he is Clueless..quite the opposite its constructive criticism because he obviously is...things are obviously not working and he patently hasnt got the answer....

Tactically Naive, patently no good at Motivating the talent we have available, obviously no eye for a decent player, semingly poor communicator......Thats Pretty Cluless in my book...

Calling him a useless thick muppet would indeed be disrespectfull insulting and derisory but I havent read any posts of that ilke

Ultimately Millen the Captain of the Ship and he has to go down with it because success or failure in Football is construed to the manager, WE all know that succes is down to Money, but Millen is the one who carries the can ultimately. He knows that Im sure.

Personal abuse, if it's actually occurred, is out of order. Not just us city fans who are fickle though, it's common at all levels when your team is not winning.

Most people respect Keith as a bloke, not as a manager though, not yet. He has to earn it surely.

My view is that Keith hasn't been loyal (or disloyal) at all, just that he's in a cushy job. Same with all backroom staff in my opinion. Walsh and Naylor loyal are they? No, I don't think so anyway. Right place right time I think. Sick of hearing all this 'loyal' crap. No loyalty at all, just a realisation of a safe job and poor CV.

Edit: I actually think Millen should've gone with Tinnion. Or was he being loyal?

I dont think anyone is being disrespectful to Keith when saying he is Clueless..quite the opposite its constructive criticism because he obviously is...things are obviously not working and he patently hasnt got the answer....

Tactically Naive, patently no good at Motivating the talent we have available, obviously no eye for a decent player, semingly poor communicator......Thats Pretty Cluless in my book...

Calling him a useless thick muppet would indeed be disrespectfull insulting and derisory but I havent read any posts of that ilke

Ultimately Millen the Captain of the Ship and he has to go down with it because success or failure in Football is construed to the manager, WE all know that succes is down to Money, but Millen is the one who carries the can ultimately. He knows that Im sure.

My point was that who are we to call our manager 'clueless'. As far as I'm aware none of us are fully qualified football managers who have previous played at a professional level and worked under three managers as no 2. Its an insult in my book particularly as it comes from people who have no knowledge or experience of working within the professional game at any level.

I wouldn't call any professional person 'clueless' unless I had the same knowledge and qualifications as them. Only then would I feel qualified to critise them.

My point was that who are we to call our manager 'clueless'. As far as I'm aware none of us are fully qualified football managers who have previous played at a professional level and worked under three managers as no 2. Its an insult in my book particularly as it comes from people who have no knowledge or experience of working within the professional game at any level.

I wouldn't call any professional person 'clueless' unless I had the same knowledge and qualifications as them. Only then would I feel qualified to critise them.

Surely calling Gary Johnson a conference manager is the same?

I am.... I hold both FA Coaching Badges and have actually played under 6 different Managers in the 70,s.......... Yes.....hes pretty Clueless by comparison...would do well to spend a couple of years in the Lower Leagues before progressing to the mantle of a Club Like City....

Personal abuse is all part of the learning process...Hes got a thick skin and is getting well paid...

You should have heard what was said by both Manager and Players in the Changing room in some of the Games Ive played in let alone coming from the general public.:laughcont: kin useless, thick, wurzel muppet was a compliment. :laugh:

Yeah but he was right! That's all that matters.

I remember when Wenger took over at Arsenal and my mate said it would all go wrong there in the end as his foreign policies wouldn't work.

Turns out it looks like he was right to....

Like I said in my signature - after we have won the championship, and we've missed out on the champions league by a point and it all falls apart - you'll see he is a failure and I was right all along :innocent06:

I am.... I hold both FA Coaching Badges and have actually played under 6 different Managers in the 70,s.......... Yes.....hes pretty Clueless by comparison...would do well to spend a couple of years in the Lower Leagues before progressing to the mantle of a Club Like City....

Personal abuse is all part of the learning process...Hes got a thick skin and is getting well paid...

You should have heard what was said by both Manager and Players in the Changing room in some of the Games Ive played in let alone coming from the general public.:laughcont: kin useless, thick, wurzel muppet was a compliment. :laugh:

Have you ever managed a professional club? dunno.gif

Archived