IGNORED

David James

rockin-robin

Having just seen the goals on SSN, and only getting the benefit of one look no other angles, I would say DG is at fault for the first 2. It looked like he spilt the the first and no keeper should be beaten from 35+ yards unless it is something special. Yes I will hold my hands up to being pro-DJ but maybe some people need to aactually look elsewhere for people to blame. Yes he was Coppell's marquee signing and I believe people are letting that association taint their opinion of him. He has not started the season as well as he could but who has in this squad?! If people are going to honestly tell me DJ is the most problematic player in the squad then they talking with some hidden agenda. Yes his wages are disproportionate to the rest of the squad and do not reflect the start he has had but what about Maynard? Hunt? Stewart? Stead? Don't you think in terms of what you see for your wage these guys are more of an issue?

I accept James has started poorly but this guy is one of only 6 keepers to play more than 50 times for England. He has the pedigree to re-find his form and should be first choice. As another poster said he is not our main concern at the moment, far from it.

The reality is that we have let two good GKs leave, Weale and Hendo.

We are left with two who fall well short of the standard required in this league.

Heaven help us!!!

If Weale and Henderson are so brilliant how come neither of them are playing for their present clubs.Even Maynard

scored two against Leicester!.

If Weale and Henderson are so brilliant how come neither of them are playing for their present clubs.Even Maynard

scored two against Leicester!.

Hello Bernie, and welcome to OTIB. :)

I wasn't aware that I said either of them are "so brilliant", just that IMO they are both better than what we have available.

Weale is being kept out by Schmeichel and Henderson played today.

edit: spelling!

Archived