IGNORED

Taking The Positives

Robbored

So RR you agree that the squad is better than the league position shows?

I've said all along that the current squad is not strong enough to contend for a top 6 finish but is strong enough finish mid table. Once again City have got off to a poor start but we are not even into October yet and the team will come good. We saw definite signs of that last night which is why I started this thread, to take positives from a shocking result.

I don't disagree.

But its not relevant this thread. Look at the title again.

of course it's relevant to this thread, the positives over the past 5 games and last night have not helped our position and a decision is needed and fast. it's like the old joke, Mr Smith the bad news is we've amputated your right leg, the good news is Mr Jones want's to buy your slippers.

I started this thread in an attempt to lift some of the doom and gloom on this forum. I thought it would be a decent change to try and take something positive from what was a desperate capitulation from the City defence.

Hence the '' we attacked very well and created loads of chances'' stance.

It seems I was being too optimistic but its my own fault. I of all people should know what this forum is like.

I actually nodded along to your first 2 paragraphs and was about to say fair enough, then I read your final "oh woe is me, I am the voice of reason" paragraph and I suddenly remembered your a prized hypocrite.

Oh well

I've said all along that the current squad is not strong enough to contend for a top 6 finish but is strong enough finish mid table. Once again City have got off to a poor start but we are not even into October yet and the team will come good. We saw definite signs of that last night which is why I started this thread, to take positives from a shocking result.

So let me get this straight. At the start of the season you said judge Millen after 10 games, but because you have got it wrong again we just need to sit tight and let Millen blindly carry on. There have been apparent signs of improvement over the past 5 games but still only 2 points and we can have your personal guarantee the team will come good?. Keep clutching at straws RR you nailed your colours too the mast of the good ship Millen and it's sinking.

Surely then the club and those in charge of the club are underachieving?

I started this thread in an attempt to lift some of the doom and gloom on this forum. I thought it would be a decent change to try and take something positive from what was a desperate capitulation from the City defence.

Hence the '' we attacked very well and created loads of chances'' stance.

It seems I was being too optimistic but its my own fault. I of all people should know what this forum is like.

You will just have to accept that some people will alway's look to the negative, rather than the positives of a manager. You of all people should know that! :laughcont:

For the first 70 mins that is as good i have seen us play this year. Give Millen credit he swapped Albert over with the utterly useless JCR and set up the 2nd goal. But once Reading got that goal that was the time to bring on fresh legs IMO.

Give Millen credit? I'd have given Millen credit had he swapped Bolasie for the utterly useless JCR and put Albert on the left. As it happens he kept the utterly useless JCR on the pitch rather than pull him off and really go for it against a team who were punch-drunk from our attacks. No...sorry, I don't think Millen deserves credit for leaving an utterly useless player on the pitch despite having options available to him. Sorry!

They were two up and crusing and then lost . Their belief will be at a all time low.

And it makes no difference how good the forwards are if we can't defend.

Can't disagree with you.

What the players can do is take plenty of positives from how well they played for long periods. They know now for certain that they are capable of putting other teams to the sword. They could/should have done that last night but because of some spectacular goalkeeping and dodgy line calls it didn't happen.

On the first 70 ish mins of watching that game i was wondering how the hell we are at the bottom of the league, then watching the final 20/25mins i realised thats exactly why we are were we are!!

i agree that we played better then ive seen us play under millen since he took over but and yes Pitman, Adomah, Nyatanga, Carey, Mcgriven and some times Kilkenny were all awesome however u CANT at any level be leading 2 nill at home and playing well and loose the game 3-2 and stay in the divsion!

i know this threads not ment to be about millen but who else can u talk about once u've spoken about the good bits of the game??

for me he picked a weak bench and made even worse subs, why take off Albert surely JCR had to go and surely for Bolasie not Taylor!! and y not have a holding midfielder on the bench?? yes skuse got injured before the game but what bout Cisse?? yes u both had a row but surely for the good of the team put it to one side and have him in the squad!

as soon as it went 2-1 the manager cud not motivate them to hang on and we didnt, the whole back room staff need up rooting and frehness brought in to lift the players, god knows who gunna want the job tho?!

I feel we will be beaten by blackpool this weekend 3-1/4-1(with a Kev Phillips hatrick)and the board will sack millen on sunday or monday morning, thats my honest oppionion!

CTID!!!

Can't disagree with you.

What the players can do is take plenty of positives from how well they played for long periods. They know now for certain that they are capable of putting other teams to the sword. They could/should have done that last night but because of some spectacular goalkeeping and dodgy line calls it didn't happen.

Sorry RR that is just more excuses.

Sorry RR that is just more excuses.

Stating facts like Federici played out of his skin and that City had a goal disallowed by a very dodgy line call is 'excuses'? I didn't mention hitting the bar twice where on another day both could have gone it. It just didn't run City's way in front of goal last night.. It goes like that sometimes.

The positive is that City created plenty of chances.

Stating facts like Federici played out of his skin and that City had a goal disallowed by a very dodgy line call is 'excuses'? I didn't mention hitting the bar twice where on another day both could have gone it. It just didn't run City's way in front of goal last night.. It goes like that sometimes.

Not really disallowed though was it....? Yes the call may have been wrong, but the whistle had gone and the keeper made no attempt to save it as a result. Let's be honest with the form Federici was on last night there's no guarantee that Albert would have scored had be tried to save it.

I'll say it again RR in case you missed it. From your previous comment do you think the club and those in charge of the club are underachieving?

You only have to look at the league table to see that the club is underachieving at the moment. Pretty much the same situation as last season which eventually lead to just 3 and 1 points less than the previous two season's tally.

You only have to look at the league table to see that the club is underachieving at the moment. Pretty much the same situation as last season which eventually lead to just 3 and 1 points less than the previous two season's tally.

But why have we gone back to square 1 after last season's bad start? Fair play we got out of it in the end and finished ok (albeit not playing well) but then why are the same poor performances still happening? This season it looked like we were a completely new team not a squad that has for the most part been together for 2,3 or even 4 years. I don't understand it. Something is definitely up at the Gate. With the players we have we should be easily top half. I've heard all about squad inbalance and too many striker/wingers etc. but we have enough players of sufficient quality to be competing with any team in this division....

But why have we gone back to square 1 after last season's bad start? Fair play we got out of it in the end and finished ok (albeit not playing well) but then why are the same poor performances still happening? This season it looked like we were a completely new team not a squad that has for the most part been together for 2,3 or even 4 years. I don't understand it. Something is definitely up at the Gate. With the players we have we should be easily top half. I've heard all about squad inbalance and too many striker/wingers etc. but we have enough players of sufficient quality to be competing with any team in this division....

I don't know why we have gone back to square one again this season but I suspect that the reasons are multifactorial rather than down to one particular thing. I'm sure that if Millen knew the reason's why he'd have done something about them by now.

We saw glimpses of what City are capable of in an attacking sense last night and that at least gives me some extra confidence that we'll be ok again this season.

I don't know why we have gone back to square one again this season but I suspect that the reasons are multifactorial rather than down to one particular thing. I'm sure that if Millen knew the reason's why he'd have done something about them by now.

We saw glimpses of what City are capable of in an attacking sense last night and that at least gives me some extra confidence that we'll be ok again this season.

But we lost. And we have only won 1 game all season. I have no confidence and no idea where the next win will come from. I'm sure the players are the same...

Can't disagree with you.

but it doesn't work like that.

I guess they would of felt embarrassed and a great deal of humiliation after and now and as a result they will feel crap.

You talk like it was your son playing for his under 7's team. these as pro's and will take nothing from last night.

If we conceed early at Blackpool prepare yourself for a cricket score.

but it doesn't work like that.

I guess they would of felt embarrassed and a great deal of humiliation after and now and as a result they will feel crap.

You talk like it was your son playing for his under 7's team. these as pro,s and will take little from last night.

MR, I have no idea what you do/did for a living but in my work place when things went spectacularly wrong ( and they did ) our manager and team would all sit down and analysis all elements of what went wrong. It was called a ''positive reframe'' The first time I sat in on one of those meetings I quickly learnt that amidst mistakes and errors that good thing also happened. The question was always ''what did we do right?'' before the question ''where did we go wrong?''

I can't see why the City squad and management wouldn't adopt a similar approach it is after common enough practice.

Look at the positives - which is what this thread was aimed at doing.

MR, I have no idea what you do/did for a living but in my work place when things went spectacularly wrong ( and they did ) our manager and team would all sit down and analysis all elements of what went wrong. It was called a ''positive reframe'' The first time I sat in on one of those meetings I quickly learnt that amidst mistakes and errors that good thing also happened. The question was always ''what did we do right?'' before the question ''where did we go wrong?''

I can't see why the City squad and management wouldn't adopt a similar approach it is after common enough practice.

Look at the positives - which is what this thread was aimed at doing.

Problem is, what happens when the same mistakes keeping happening and are not being learned from..........

Problem is, what happens when the same mistakes keeping happening and are not being learned from..........

Spot on. We went though a losing run last season and came out of it. Why the hell are we back where we started this season? GJ had a losing streak at the start of his reign and turned it around. The second time he had one he was sacked...

OK, 2 can play that game, unbalanced bench (with 2 target men), Millens pathetically late response to using one of his unbalanced bench 87 minutes, 15 minutes after Readings 1st goal and 12 minutes after their equalizer. Facts or excuses?.

OK, 2 can play that game, unbalanced bench (with 2 target men), Millens pathetically late response to using one of his unbalanced bench 87 minutes, 15 minutes after Readings 1st goal and 12 minutes after their equalizer. Facts or excuses?.

I was taking positives from last nights game but you don't see any positives. I therefore doubt you were there otherwise you would have seen just how well City played for much of the game.

I was taking positives from last nights game but you don't see any positives. I therefore doubt you were there otherwise you would have seen just how well City played for much of the game.

RR, everybody can see the positives from the past 5 games and especially last night, I have already said that to you once, but how does that help us in our present predicament?, 2 points out of 15 during a period of improvement is more than worrying and as I said before let's hope we don't have a dip in form because my god we will really be in trouble.

Anyway 10 games this coming Saturday that's when apparently we are officially allowed to judge him on this season, I happen to think that allowing him to remain in charge of this game is a good move from the board, because whatever the result on Saturday his replacement can have a start at home against Peterborough and a chance of starting off with a home win, there's a novelty.

Millen will never know the reason why.....because he IS the reason. Nothing short of a new manager and new aproach is going to get us out of this mess! :laughcont:

And what you miserably fail to comprehend is that most people don't give a $£it how well we played last night cos we lost! Give us 3 points anyday! Do you think Reading fans are moaniing today cos we ouplayed them for 60 mins?

Nail Head.

Regardless of any points and who is right or wrong, it's Impossible to reason with some people, Especially those who don't attend and just jump on any negatives on such a common basis

Archived