IGNORED

Changes

Syco

When we are losing 12 million a season? I read a lot of things about sacking Millen and his coaches plus sack the board etc. Jones, Davies etc will be on higher wages plus will want to bring their own people in to work with. For all the people calling for Millen's head please explain how we can afford to wield the axe?

When we are losing 12 million a season? I read a lot of things about sacking Millen and his coaches plus sack the board etc. Jones, Davies etc will be on higher wages plus will want to bring their own people in to work with. For all the people calling for Millen's head please explain how we can afford to wield the axe?

I agree with you.

The anti Millen brigade will say that the club can't afford relegation, as if its 100% certain even though City haven't yet played 10 games this season. Its a spurious claim based on nothing more than speculation.

We are back to that crystal ball again.....you know, the one that no-one seems to have.

what if we didn't and did

I look at Rovers, I think we are in a simular position that they were in last season. Trollope was doing a good job for them. Their fans couldn't see that. They were skint like we are. Rovers only found out how good of a job Trollope was doing once the new manager had left them in a right mess.

I look at our games and think we have played some good teams so far. We have enough about us to stay up as I believe we will pick up the points against the fellow strugglers that we are yet to play.

Of course it is, that's why I said its a gamble which ever way you look at it.

You last sentence makes no sense at all.

I think at this moment the gamble is lesser by keeping KM. Sacking and replacing him is of much higher risk. That could change in a couple of games time but at the moment were not even out of September so it's too early to make a call early on. We have all seen clubs in the bottom 3 at this time go on and win promotion or make the play offs. What we also need to remember is historically city are poor starters.

I look at Rovers, I think we are in a simular position that they were in last season. Trollope was doing a good job for them. Their fans couldn't see that. They were skint like we are. Rovers only found out how good of a job Trollope was doing once the new manager had left them in a right mess.

I look at our games and think we have played some good teams so far. We have enough about us to stay up as I believe we will pick up the points against the fellow strugglers that we are yet to play.

We have enough in the squad to stay up, I agree. But as a team, we look way off in terms of quality and organisation - and that is down to Keith.

A Blackpool fan on another forum said that on paper we have a very good team - one far better than 2nd bottom - he also said he thinks the manager probabaly isn't up to it.

He got it spot on.

how is it a gamble keeping him? you've spoken confidently about us getting 60 plus points for weeks. Now its a gamble?

Unlike some on here, I don't have a crystal ball. My opinion that 60 points is achievable is exactly that, an opinion. I can't see what gambling has to do with an opinion.

I think at this moment the gamble is lesser by keeping KM. Sacking and replacing him is of much higher risk. That could change in a couple of games time but at the moment were not even out of September so it's too early to make a call early on. We have all seen clubs in the bottom 3 at this time go on and win promotion or make the play offs. What we also need to remember is historically city are poor starters.

I seem to be agreeing with your posts time after time. Once again, you're spot on.

Unlike some on here, I don't have a crystal ball. My opinion that 60 points is achievable is exactly that, an opinion. I can't see what gambling has to do with an opinion.

At this moment in time I cant see City getting 60 points. Not even 50 at this rate.

It's all great blaming KM, but this squad is just too blame also. This 'problem' has been coming for the past 3 years. And now it's finally caught up with the club. Lets hope we see a rainbow over the hills sometime soon!

I agree with you.

The anti Millen brigade will say that the club can't afford relegation, as if its 100% certain even though City haven't yet played 10 games this season. Its a spurious claim based on nothing more than speculation.

We are back to that crystal ball again.....you know, the one that no-one seems to have.

I'm not a member of the "anti Millen brigade" as you call them , but surely you agree that people have a right to question his managerial ability , based on our league position??

At this moment in time I cant see City getting 60 points. Not even 50 at this rate.

It's all great blaming KM, but this squad is just too blame also. This 'problem' has been coming for the past 3 years. And now it's finally caught up with the club. Lets hope we see a rainbow over the hills sometime soon!

Yet Millen is being given all the blame.

Not so, it's not even a gamble to keep a failing manager, it's akin to throwing in the towel.

If he goes we can be sure that a number of superior managers to Keith Millen will be interested in the top job at Bristol City so there really is no gamble involved.

Providing, of course, the powers that be actually chooses one of them, in which case we will have an experienced, proven manager at the helm so our prospects will undoubtedly be improved.

Of course I'm saying that. Its a gamble keeping any manager. So is changing the manager. Its all a gamble.

What's your point?

my point is you have been fully behind him. now you think its a gamble keeping him and a tough call for the board to make.

You've lost faith in him which is surprising seeing how the sun was shining out of his backside a few weeks ago.

Its a gamble keeping any manager. So is changing the manager. Its all a gamble.

I suppose any gambler looks at 'the form' before making his or her choice. The 'form' we have to decide on here is Millen's. Is he an manager of above average ability; average or below average? Can we get in someone better?

My thoughts are - distinctly average and almost certainly yes.

my point is you have been fully behind him. now you think its a gamble keeping him and a tough call for the board to make.

You've lost faith in him which is surprising seeing how the sun was shining out of his backside a few weeks ago.

I've not lost faith in Millen yet. I posted only yesterday evening clarifying my view when someone else suggested the same as you.

I'd be surprised if even you didn't accept that sacking or keeping Millen is a gamble either way.

Archived