IGNORED

Who Wouldn't We Want As New Manager Of Bristol City

nellie

That's all I ever hear about O'Driscoll, that he's done well on no budget. Well, they were bottom only a few hours ago, and the no budget thing is something both us and them have in common until we ship out these contracted leeches. I would recommend you compare careers before wrongly writing that O'Driscoll is far superior.

Yeah but four or five seasons ago he had them at the top of a division - it was just the division below. Surely it is an incredible achievement consistently keeping a club like donnie in this league. Much better than keeping a team at the top of the division below, no?

Same as with Tisdale - I'm just mystified why a few people dont seem to rate him and amazed he has made some people's suggestion for the one manager you dont want appointed. He almost literally couldnt have done any more in his career as a manager given the opportunities he's had. Clearly he has talent, right? Team Bath and then Exeter. 6 promotions in 10 seasons as a manager. zero relegations! Two different teams, think his record spend is 10 or 15k and that is the only time he has ever paid money for a player.

So the only argument against him is this idea "he hasnt done it at this level". Same as Poyet, same as Lambert. Same as McDermott. Are they bad managers? Are they not up to this level? In order to do it at this level, someone has to give them a chance right. When he's clearly got potential (and surely that cant be argued with given his history) why not City be the ones that give him a go? If the argument is "well it's just Bath" or "Just Exeter" - then find me all the other people who have that many promotions in that many seasons. Because if "it's just Bath and Exeter" then plenty of other people would have been able to do that, right?

If as now seems inevitable we are looking for a manager during the international break, then I for one really hope SoD and Tisdale are considered along with Davies, curbs and Jones and Robins. I'm obviously very pro-Tisdale but I'd be happy with any of them.

I'm not convinced by the recent records of Hoddle or Reid and I hope we go for record and best fit for our circumstances rather than any attempt at a "name" appointment. It's a big appointment this next one and there are definitely candidates out there we should all feel happy getting behind.

Anyone on the forum who applies...And we know there will be some :innocent06:

Id take anyone with a track record of turning things around and getting close to promotion...Gary Johnson would be available :innocent06: :innocent06:

Who i dont want!!!! Holloway!!!!!!!!!!!

However some may say that it would be a good move and if it does turn out to be him, and I wouldnt rule it out, I'll give him my support

:flowers:

O'Driscoll. For me, left on a negative note, was always a negative manager. E.G keeping a team up instead of pushing for play offs.

He got Donny playing some of the best football in the division.

I would love SOD. Sometimes managers take clubs as far as they can go, and I think that was the case at Doncaster. Look at where he got them, it was unprecedented for them. It has gone wrong this season but that happens to the best managers.

I think at a bigger club SOD would be great.

Any ex Rovers player. Cannot believe the pro-Hollowhead factions on here. Two words...Tony and Pulis. An abysmal time in city's recent history. Not keen on Jordan being touted for a return either. It's fair to say that. going back in football rarely works twice, so a third period would be a hell of a risk, and he dropped city like a shot previously.

We need a radical appointment. Someone who will come in fresh and untainted by familiarity.

He got Donny playing some of the best football in the division.

I would love SOD. Sometimes managers take clubs as far as they can go, and I think that was the case at Doncaster. Look at where he got them, it was unprecedented for them. It has gone wrong this season but that happens to the best managers.

I think at a bigger club SOD would be great.

I think you'll find that Dave Penny would have to take some of the credit and we know what happened to his career.

No to SOD for me

Archived