IGNORED

What's Your Top-5 ?

bcfcchris2016

lets not split hairs over the 14 minutes he spent at wolfsburg.

I think he struggles at clubs or NTs with a quite high to high expectation.

Middlesborough- Arguably overachieved, certainly the 7th place finish, Carling Cup and UEFA Cup final! Also gave a lot of youth their head.

England- Less said, the better.

Twente- Cracking job, was gradually rehabilitating his reputation- and had he stayed he could have had a crack at the CL group stage- may have been better for him in hindsight....

...Then came Wolfsburg- They had won the Bundesliga in 08/09 and he spent a fair bit of money too. All things considered, to be one point above the drop zone come February was far from ideal...

Forest- Squad who came 6th and 3rd + big name= one of promotion favourites. So inevitably, he bombed.

Here expectations aren't so high, maybe akin to Middlesborough in the PL so if that correlation continued through his career...

Would love O'neill or Hughes but realistically speaking:

1. Jones.

2 Davies.

3 Mcinnes.

4 Robins.

5 ( cant think of anyone else off the bat that i would be too ecstatic about TBH)

If we appoint Sod or Tisdale or that MKDons fella, we may as well kiss goodbye to ambition and accept bottom of the Championship or league 1 football.

I think he struggles at clubs or NTs with a quite high to high expectation.

Middlesborough- Arguably overachieved, certainly the 7th place finish, Carling Cup and UEFA Cup final! Also gave a lot of youth their head.

England- Less said, the better.

Twente- Cracking job, was gradually rehabilitating his reputation- and had he stayed he could have had a crack at the CL group stage- may have been better for him in hindsight....

...Then came Wolfsburg- They had won the Bundesliga in 08/09 and he spent a fair bit of money too. All things considered, to be one point above the drop zone come February was far from ideal...

Forest- Squad who came 6th and 3rd + big name= one of promotion favourites. So inevitably, he bombed.

Here expectations aren't so high, maybe akin to Middlesborough in the PL so if that correlation continued through his career...

I would like to make it clear, however, that i am absolutely NOT for the appointment of McClaren. Nor, come to that of Robins or SOD. all seem to be thoughtful quiet nice blokes who for me do not seem to have that cutting edge.

My top 5:

1. Derek McInnes - Young, ambitious and clearly a talented manager

2. Dave Jones - Very experienced, had success and knows the Championship well

3. Mark Robins - Knows the club a little and done fairly well at two previous clubs

4. Lee Clark - 36 league games unbeaten at the mo and a young and highly rated gaffer

5. Paul Tisdale - Good record so far, plays nice football and can work with a very small budget

Theres no way O' Neil, Hughes or Curbs is gunna wanna come here i dont think!

Really we are looking at

>Zola (unexperienced but could have contacts)

>O 'Driscol (ok, but not great)

>Mcinness (who?)

>Robins (ok, but not great)

>Maclaren (just no thanks)

>Clarke (up and coming manager, unlucky with huddersfield unbeaten for ages apart from the p.o. final!)

>Davies (very good, get us to the play offs i think)

>Jones (discplined and want take no shit and shake up our cosy dressing room atmosphere)

My favs are Clarke, Davies or Jones

Some of the suggestions on here are laughable! David Moyes? Martin O'Neill? Roberto Martinez? All of these guys are proven Premier League managers-why the hell would they cone to us?

Historically this club does not appoint big name managers, Coppell being the exception & look what happened there.

Realistically, I would say it's probably going to be someone like Lee Clarke, Derek McInnes or Robins.

My top 5 management teams are in no particular order...

Richard Keys and Andy Gray...fantastic football knowledge and the experience of telling Managers in the Premier where they are going wrong.

Jamie Redknapp....see above

Geoff twentyman...that's text after my name Twenty -man

Robbie Savage's manager/ PR team.......they are doing a fantastic job promoting a bloke who couldn't string two passes together and now two sentences.

Bob Crampton....about time he found a proper job

Either of these could do a good job and have as much chance of landing the job as most of the names mentioned so far.

after hearing more about McInnes on his recent thread (theres been a few posts about him) ..... i am going to change my OP and make him my favourite behind Dave jones

Go get him Colin and Steve, we have had a lot of Scottish legends at this club and another one to drag us out this shit would be handy :bounce:

Archived