IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

glastonred

He's got a north-of-the-border Owen Coyle, David Moyes feel to him. Bung in a bit of Bill Shankly.

Shake it all up with Steve Lansdown investing heavily and Bristol City in the 2010s does what Liverpool did in the 1960s.

More exciting than some old fart like Dave Jones (no offence).

St.Johnstone fan here on Del McInnes .. There has been some talk here about Del getting the job. Our chairman, Geoff Brown ( longest serving chairman in scottish football with 25 years service at Saints) has been quoted as saying he will not stand in Dels way should there be an approach as long as adequate compo can be agreed. He is a pretty straight up chairman and indeed was exactly the same when Burnley came in for Owen Coyle. I would hate to lose McInnes as he is doing an outstanding job at Saints but these things happen and should you end up with him in charge I am sure he will do a great job.

This season Saints sit joint fourth in the SPL, which for a team with average attendances of just over 3200 and a tiny budget is remarkable. We have already beaten Celtic (1-0) away, Motherwell (3-0) away, Hearts (2-0) at home and indeed went through our first 4 away games without even conceeding a goal.

Whether Del would take the job ( if offered) is another story. He seems to have been linked with every job that has come up in the last 12 months including West Brom and more recently Brentford but he is still here and with no disrepect, I don't know how attractive the Bristol City job would be to him. In my ignorance , I know very little about your club apart from you play at Ashton Gate and that David James went there. What are the clubs finances like?

I see you are at the foot of the Championship at the moment but the last few years the club seems to have been steady in mid table ( Statto.com) What's gone wrong this term??

St.Johnstone fan here on Del McInnes .. There has been some talk here about Del getting the job. Our chairman, Geoff Brown ( longest serving chairman in scottish football with 25 years service at Saints) has been quoted as saying he will not stand in Dels way should there be an approach as long as adequate compo can be agreed. He is a pretty straight up chairman and indeed was exactly the same when Burnley came in for Owen Coyle. I would hate to lose McInnes as he is doing an outstanding job at Saints but these things happen and should you end up with him in charge I am sure he will do a great job.

This season Saints sit joint fourth in the SPL, which for a team with average attendances of just over 3200 and a tiny budget is remarkable. We have already beaten Celtic (1-0) away, Motherwell (3-0) away, Hearts (2-0) at home and indeed went through our first 4 away games without even conceeding a goal.

Whether Del would take the job ( if offered) is another story. He seems to have been linked with every job that has come up in the last 12 months including West Brom and more recently Brentford but he is still here and with no disrepect, I don't know how attractive the Bristol City job would be to him. In my ignorance , I know very little about your club apart from you play at Ashton Gate and that David James went there. What are the clubs finances like?

I see you are at the foot of the Championship at the moment but the last few years the club seems to have been steady in mid table ( Statto.com) What's gone wrong this term??

I really hope we appoint McInnes, this season we've just leaked goals like you wouldn't believe and have had no steel about us. How much do you think the compensation would be roughly?

Precisely why I rate McInnes very highly indeed and thanks a lot for coming on here and giving your important views.

Many fans on this forum will tell you our finances are shot to pieces but in all frankness nobody knows because we are not talking about a business in the true sense as we all know. The club has traded at a loss for a few years now and enjoys the largesse of a well financed majority owner, Stephen Lansdown, who has shown remarkable loyalty and drive to move us to a £90 million new stadium that we all desperately need and, while it has planning approval, has been held up by a village green petition. The club has shown a lot of ambition with the appointment of Steve Coppell but he walked out soon after arriving. he has done that before, we know, at Man City.

I, like many others, felt the appointment of long standing coach Keith Millen was an error of judgement but perhaps was done as a punt and to stabilise the club after the Coppell debacle. it failed. And here we are today searching for a new manager with drive and ambition and one who will be supported, the club has stated. There will be funds made available and anyone who tells you otherwise really has no idea. I say that emphatically because personally i would rather believe what the club is telling us.

I think McInnes would indeed be a great loss to you but I also think BCFC would be a very good option for him if a deal can be done. Both club and person are very ambitious and we want our top league status restored after a 30 year absence in conjunction with a new 30k all seater stadium and in the top flight i think we will fill it.

Should the move happen I am sure that you will find a decent replacement. Very good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks for such an informative reply.

I'm warming to the idea of him.

As for the questions you ask, financially we owe something like £20m but all to our owner (and until this summer, chairman) Steve Lansdown who is (unusually for a major investor these days) a native of the same city as his club and a very wealthy man in the financial services world.

We are presently wading through a decision on whether or not we'll be able to build a new 30,000 stadium on land that Lansdown has purchased but a town green application has been made on it (which is bollocks). If we get the go ahead we'd move in the season after next.

If we were around the top six we'd average between 15,000-17,000 so hopefully that helps you to judge whether McInnes would be interested.

I'm making no comment on James.....

Yes for McInnes for me

His record is brilliant and he deserves to be on the next step up the managerial ladder with a Champ side

No to Dave Jones, Billy Davies and all the other old guard who will take a fat wage and carry on being "nearly good" managers

I want a hungry and fresh and ambitious boss. DM fits the bill

Thanks for such an informative reply.

I'm warming to the idea of him.

As for the questions you ask, financially we owe something like £20m but all to our owner (and until this summer, chairman) Steve Lansdown who is (unusually for a major investor these days) a native of the same city as his club and a very wealthy man in the financial services world.

We are presently wading through a decision on whether or not we'll be able to build a new 30,000 stadium on land that Lansdown has purchased but a town green application has been made on it (which is bollocks). If we get the go ahead we'd move in the season after next.

If we were around the top six we'd average between 15,000-17,000 so hopefully that helps you to judge whether McInnes would be interested.

I'm making no comment on James.....

Oh go on... make a comment on jamma mafia.gif

I really hope we appoint McInnes, this season we've just leaked goals like you wouldn't believe and have had no steel about us. How much do you think the compensation would be roughly?

I would image 150/200k might seal the deal and facilitate an approach. If I remember correctly, we got about 150k (ish) for Coyle..Forgive me, but I hope that that is deemed to high by your chairman..

Hi the ghost of JM , Was looking at your forum last night, i noted that there is a Bristol City fan up the road who is a season ticket holder at the saints.

Can you shed any light on this? Do you know him or know who is is via your forum?

Best of luck for the rest of the season by the way

I would image 150/200k might seal the deal and facilitate an approach. If I remember correctly, we got about 150k (ish) for Coyle..Forgive me, but I hope that that is deemed to high by your chairman..

Well we can apparently turn down an estimated 6 million for maynard and have made a few million pound plus signings, and quite a few between 400k and 800k so if he is the one we want I am sure funds will be made available. If he does come, I hope you get a decent settlement.

Hi the ghost of JM , Was looking at your forum last night, i noted that there is a Bristol City fan up the road who is a season ticket holder at the saints.

Can you shed any light on this? Do you know him or know who is is via your forum?

Best of luck for the rest of the season by the way

Cheers and the same to your guys.. Dunno who the City fan is but should't be to hard to find out..

Archived