IGNORED

Derek Mcinnes

glastonred

I disagree.

We ARE in dire straits.

We are rock bottom of the league, we have a squad with a fair few journeyman, ordinary players, we have a creaking/leaking defence which we never bothered to strengthen in the mid season which all of us knew needed to happen and we have rock bottom confidence.

The club is in an awful position.

Now I say we are two wins away from getting up there - the thing is if we bring in the wrong man, like we saw with the man who just left us, it may as well be 20 games away from mid table.

We are in a bad shape right now.

This appointment is probably the most important in the club's recent history - the wrong appointment and we'll go down.

Dave Jones took Cardiff from a similar position to 3 Wembley visits, including an FA Cup Final.

McInnes - I know nothing of him other than he plies his trade is a sh*t league which has 2 decent clubs.

He's an unknown at Championship level. He may sink or swim. He may be very good, I just don't think we can afford the risk.

Davies and Jones are not unknowns and proven at this level of football.

We are a club in dire straits with ordinary players in several positions - whether we remain such a club will depend on the next man.

<br />Derek McInnes = Paul Lambert MkII<br /><br />Dave Jones = No passion, another spineless one.<br /><br />Billy Davies = ****<br /><br />BCAGFC<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Posts like this annoy me. How do you know he's gonna be Paul Lambert mk II? Because he's Scottish? Don't get me wrong, I'm quite impressed on what I've heard of him, but as my post on this thread says, he would be a risk. By this reckoning KM was the new Alf Ramsey, he's English after all!

<br /><br /><br />

Posts like this annoy me. How do you know he's gonna be Paul Lambert mk II? Because he's Scottish? Don't get me wrong, I'm quite impressed on what I've heard of him, but as my post on this thread says, he would be a risk. By this reckoning KM was the new Alf Ramsey, he's English after all!

And the experienced route worked last time didn't it. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jones to me seems the same sort of character as Coppell, he will walk IMO when he sees the state of our squad.

Davies is just a ****.

McInnes has won a trophy/promotions, KM hasn't won anything.........bit of a difference.

BCAGFC

And the experienced route worked last time didn't it. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Jones to me seems the same sort of character as Coppell, he will walk IMO when he sees the state of our squad.

Davies is just a ****.

McInnes has won a trophy/promotions, KM hasn't won anything.........bit of a difference.

BCAGFC

There is absolutely a huge amount to be said for confidence and a winning mentality, I totally agree with the thrust of your point.

I think this is the best place to post this.

Wow, could the St Johnstone fans that signed up to tell you about McInnes be any more patronising and biased. Firstly your team are 1 million teams bigger than Saints and if offered the job McInnes would jump at it. I can't believe the guy posting about Saints playing in the UEFA cup while your team gets relegated from The Championship, what an arse.

Onto McInnes, I see all you've read is good things, well that doesn't really tell the full story. Derek McInnes is an okay manager with a few flaws still. Tactics and substitutions are his downfall. The We Are Perth forum is all for McInnes at the moment because we are having a purple patch, down to finding two natural goal scorers. If you had read the Saints forum a few weeks ago, the thought of McInnes being your manager would probably have turned you all to suicide. Sometimes the guy picks the most bizzarre formations, it's like he has put 18 names into a hat and the first 11 will be his starting line up, then half way through the match he thinks "oh this aint working" and has to change it. When he can sort that part of this managerial game out, he will be one of the top managers in the country.

Onto his good sides...

You say you need a manager to install confidence into a deflated squad, then McInnes is your man. I have never seen a manager encourage players and have such a bond with them. It's obvious to see all our players respect McInnes very highly. He is brilliant at calming down hot heads and players with big ego's. He is also brilliant at resurrecting failing players careers, see Jody Morris as an example.

When he gets it right, he GETS it right and we play some absolutely amazing football and defend excellently. Infact McInnes has had Saints defending excellently for a couple season now. He does get it right a lot more often than wrong :tongue:

At 40 he is still very young and can only improve, if he does join Bristol then I think he will be a success as long as he doesn't poach any of our players (Murray Davidson for example!!)

I think this is the best place to post this.

Wow, could the St Johnstone fans that signed up to tell you about McInnes be any more patronising and biased. Firstly your team are 1 million teams bigger than Saints and if offered the job McInnes would jump at it. I can't believe the guy posting about Saints playing in the UEFA cup while your team gets relegated from The Championship, what an arse.

Onto McInnes, I see all you've read is good things, well that doesn't really tell the full story. Derek McInnes is an okay manager with a few flaws still. Tactics and substitutions are his downfall. The We Are Perth forum is all for McInnes at the moment because we are having a purple patch, down to finding two natural goal scorers. If you had read the Saints forum a few weeks ago, the thought of McInnes being your manager would probably have turned you all to suicide. Sometimes the guy picks the most bizzarre formations, it's like he has put 18 names into a hat and the first 11 will be his starting line up, then half way through the match he thinks "oh this aint working" and has to change it. When he can sort that part of this managerial game out, he will be one of the top managers in the country.

Onto his good sides...

You say you need a manager to install confidence into a deflated squad, then McInnes is your man. I have never seen a manager encourage players and have such a bond with them. It's obvious to see all our players respect McInnes very highly. He is brilliant at calming down hot heads and players with big ego's. He is also brilliant at resurrecting failing players careers, see Jody Morris as an example.

When he gets it right, he GETS it right and we play some absolutely amazing football and defend excellently. Infact McInnes has had Saints defending excellently for a couple season now. He does get it right a lot more often than wrong :tongue:

At 40 he is still very young and can only improve, if he does join Bristol then I think he will be a success as long as he doesn't poach any of our players (Murray Davidson for example!!)

Thanks for that SJ. For a while there i thought you were Geoff Brown's wife but then it became apparent you are in fact Geoff Brown and you clearly see him as a threat.

Appreciate the honest analysis.

Take a look at our poll.. he heads the percentages.

Thanks for that SJ. For a while there i thought you were Geoff Brown's wife but then it became apparent you are in fact Geoff Brown and you clearly see him as a threat.

Appreciate the honest analysis.

Take a look at our poll.. he heads the percentages.

No bother.

The guy is a good manager, just not the finished article some Saints fans are making him out to be. I'm sure if you looked back a few pages on WAP some of these Saints fans wouldn't have been sad to see him sacked at the tail end of last season, start of this season.

All the best for your season!

Archived