IGNORED

Some Light Football Related Relief

Jordan Tansley

Relief, Joy, Excitement... they're all the same.

The international break has come at a perfect time, not only has it given the board ample time to make the correct managerial choice *can't help but snigger* but the the Football Manager 12 demo will be released over the weekend and the provisional October 21st release date has been confirmed!

Finally, a real chance to show Millen how he should have done it, or a chance to lift Plymouth from the depths of despair to the Champions League!

Anyone else as excited as me for the release? Some pretty major changes to the entire game this year which is always welcomed, It's good for the game to progress...

I know there are quite a lot of FM enthusiasts on the forum, so I guess we can discuss it here for a bit :)

Still trying to finish 1 season on FM11 atm, think I play matches to seriously/in depth, takes me at least 5 minutes to play 1 match. :(

BCAGFC

Ah, I'm a bit obsessed. This year was one of my most prolific... Had 2 city saves (One was immense) A s****horpe save, and Ipswich save (One of my best with the Champions League win the final bow) and a Weston-super-Mare save... Cannot wait to get going!

Ah, I'm a bit obsessed. This year was one of my most prolific... Had 2 city saves (One was immense) A s****horpe save, and Ipswich save (One of my best with the Champions League win the final bow) and a Weston-super-Mare save... Cannot wait to get going!

I also take ages trying to get the backroom staff right and looking for more players as we all know that the game gives too many long term injuries.

BCAGFC

I had a Weston save, they are a bit dire, they are sitting in 8th spot in the championship. Board won't expand anything. Arrrggghh driving me insane. I'll get them to the prem one day!

What about FIFA 12? You guys tried that yet? It really is sublime.

passing = amazing

Long shots = finally worthwhile

Crossing = Gash

Defending = ? Most stupid thing EA have ever come up with??? It's just unrealistic in every way.. You can't crunch people, you can't close down properly and you can't mark unless it's multi-player.

Playing a city game on the fm 2012 demo, not signing anyone. Beat peterborough 2-0 in opening league game and just won 2-0 away to AFC Wimbledon in the cup.

ALBERT IS CLASS ON IT :D

Edit: It's also weird how Bobby Reid who was in some of my lessons at school is now on the game and valued at 650k! :doh:

My download speed is ridiculously slow. Brand new laptop too... Must be a popular download at the moment.

Cannot wait to get going! Do I sleep whilst it downloads? then have a stint before uni?! :surrender:

My download speed is ridiculously slow. Brand new laptop too... Must be a popular download at the moment.

Cannot wait to get going! Do I sleep whilst it downloads? then have a stint before uni?! :surrender:

Ofcourse you do :tongue: Just drew 1-1 away at forest, Albert scored then Louis Carey made a mistake in 83rd minute.. Still, it is a good game but a bit differant to previous version.

passing = amazing

Long shots = finally worthwhile

Crossing = Gash

Defending = ? Most stupid thing EA have ever come up with??? It's just unrealistic in every way.. You can't crunch people, you can't close down properly and you can't mark unless it's multi-player.

I think the defending is much better. Much more realistic and it actually takes skill to defend online now instead of the old homing missile system of defending.

Love how you play similar teams online now as well. Could never play as City before due to all the Barca/Real players.

Ofcourse you do :tongue: Just drew 1-1 away at forest, Albert scored then Louis Carey made a mistake in 83rd minute.. Still, it is a good game but a bit differant to previous version.

To be honest I usually use the demo to get myself accustomed to the new features (Of which there were quite a few announced by Miles, yes I am so sad that I read the blogs...) and with the massive over haul of the transfer system I'll probably be spending a fair bit of time doing that.

I don't think I've ever carried on a demo save into the full game, so I won't be concentrating on results much (Who the **** am I kidding, I'll be throwing a fit and sacking players by 5 this morning! ;) )

I think the defending is much better. Much more realistic and it actually takes skill to defend online now instead of the old homing missile system of defending.

Love how you play similar teams online now as well. Could never play as City before due to all the Barca/Real players.

I don't think it's realistic at all, the defenders under CPU control are thick as pig shit. Marking has gone out of the window and it's far too easy to just walk past defenders... I agree the old defending was a bit shit, but this isn't an improvement. Tinker with it, don't obliterate it.

That feature is good, Ultimate team feels a bit better this year too (Helped by getting Baz Savage in my starter pack! :innocent06:

To be honest I usually use the demo to get myself accustomed to the new features (Of which there were quite a few announced by Miles, yes I am so sad that I read the blogs...) and with the massive over haul of the transfer system I'll probably be spending a fair bit of time doing that.

I don't think I've ever carried on a demo save into the full game, so I won't be concentrating on results much (Who the **** am I kidding, I'll be throwing a fit and sacking players by 5 this morning! ;) )

I think you could use a demo save on the full game as now theres the feature of drop/add leagues so you could continue it. Loving the team talk update.. theres over 50 to chose from :chant6ez:

I don't think it's realistic at all, the defenders under CPU control are thick as pig shit. Marking has gone out of the window and it's far too easy to just walk past defenders... I agree the old defending was a bit shit, but this isn't an improvement. Tinker with it, don't obliterate it.

That feature is good, Ultimate team feels a bit better this year too (Helped by getting Baz Savage in my starter pack! :innocent06:

I hate playing the CPU. FIFA is an online game for me so I can't really comment on the first bit. Not many players online get past me, I'd reccomend backing off and pressing A (Contain on 360) until you think is the correct time to tackle. That's what seems to work well online.

Us City fans need to get us into the Premier league on that support your club feature too. Quite funny seeing Arsenal/Man Utd in League 1 due to the amount of fans they have, that are poor at the game.

I think you could use a demo save on the full game as now theres the feature of drop/add leagues so you could continue it. Loving the team talk update.. theres over 50 to chose from :chant6ez:

Oh I know you can and it will be much easier now to do so, I just like the experimental side of the demo... It's like my pre-season if you will!:innocent06:

Oh, that is the most intriguing addition. Tone is such a major (yet basic) part of "real life" management that this really will play a massive role. Have you seen the "team meeting" feature yet? I hope that's a useful tool as I think I'll enjoy using that...

I think it's safe to say that I am one of the management sim players who loves the gimicks as well as the basic CM0102 side of the genre. :smartass:

Oh I know you can and it will be much easier now to do so, I just like the experimental side of the demo... It's like my pre-season if you will!:innocent06:

Oh, that is the most intriguing addition. Tone is such a major (yet basic) part of "real life" management that this really will play a massive role. Have you seen the "team meeting" feature yet? I hope that's a useful tool as I think I'll enjoy using that...

I think it's safe to say that I am one of the management sim players who loves the gimicks as well as the basic CM0102 side of the genre. :smartass:

Yep, had a team meeting which got all the players motivated. Carey was key to telling the players to hit the ground running at the start of the season :winner_third_h4h:

I hate playing the CPU. FIFA is an online game for me so I can't really comment on the first bit. Not many players online get past me, I'd reccomend backing off and pressing A (Contain on 360) until you think is the correct time to tackle. That's what seems to work well online.

Us City fans need to get us into the Premier league on that support your club feature too. Quite funny seeing Arsenal/Man Utd in League 1 due to the amount of fans they have, that are poor at the game.

no, I don't think I was clear. When I meant CPU control I meant your team-mates when you're controlling a player. The only intelligent thing the AI does is swap positions when a defender breaks too far forward... The marking from corners is terrible and so is the crossing.

it's just frustrating because the game has been quite reliably intelligent for years.. It was what set it above PES when they moved to next gen consoles...

no, I don't think I was clear. When I meant CPU control I meant your team-mates when you're controlling a player. The only intelligent thing the AI does is swap positions when a defender breaks too far forward... The marking from corners is terrible and so is the crossing.

it's just frustrating because the game has been quite reliably intelligent for years.. It was what set it above PES when they moved to next gen consoles...

Ah my mistake. I agree about the marking from corners, that is certainly one frustrating aspect. Have you checked that your crossing isn't on 'Manual' because myself and many others had it changed to that on FIFA 12 for whatever reason. It still has been toned down with though, with or without it on 'Manual' which personally I'm happy with due to the amount of people that abused it online on FIFA 11.

Ah my mistake. I agree about the marking from corners, that is certainly one frustrating aspect. Have you checked that your crossing isn't on 'Manual' because myself and many others had it changed to that on FIFA 12 for whatever reason. It still has been toned down with though, with or without it on 'Manual' which personally I'm happy with due to the amount of people that abused it online on FIFA 11.

I will have a look at that on the crossing, thanks for the tip. I never understood why I was quite capable of a hollywood 90 yard switch but couldnt make a simple cross into the box...

TBH, I'm sure with enough practice this new defending system will become pretty easy... Then they'll change it all again next year and I'll moan again!:innocent06:

Didn't see this when i started another thread....

First thoughts on playing as Bristol City:

General:

0 transfer budget but a little room left on wages (sounds about correct)

coaches all around 3* when training only 1 category (ok)

5 physios...? i'm assuming that maybe they classed the club doctors as physios.

Forest green as a parent club... assume typo and they were supposed to be a feeder but easy enough to cancel and ask board to look for a feeder club.

Media prediction to finish 9th...

Players: Can't work out/be bothered to attach screenshots so just highlights.

James 4* Gerkin 2.5*

Spence 3* McGivern 2* (but as cb rubbish as lb) Ribs 2.5* but listed as injury prone but all 3 good potential

Hunt 2* but wanted by other teams...

Carey 3.5* and best CB, fonts 3.5* stewart 3* tangs 2.5* wilson 2* with the last 2 having reasonable potential.

Adomah, elliot, skuse and Kilkenny 3.5* LJ 2.5* woolford 2.5* bolasie 2*

Pitman and stead 3.5* maynard 4* clarkson 2.5* Taylor 1.5* no real potential.

Reid, holloway, edwards and Jackson all reasonable 2.5*+ prospects

Starting u18 squad all naff at best 2* prospects.

Anyone else probably not worth talking about.

Will update with anything else i can think of, looks about reasonable except Mcgivern may as well be sent back as plenty of better permanent cbs at the club. Shame the Man C researcher hasn't made him the same for LB as both fonts and tangs make better lbs than him.

Also Maynard will sign a new contract....

Archived