IGNORED

Mark Robins

ProjectMayhem

Millen already had a good squad. Just started badly - he has since made us worse

He also knew the club already.

Robins was totally new to Barnsley and didnt know their squad.

Robins prob doesnt know our squad any better then he knew the Barnsley squad, so as i have already said imo he didnt set the world alight at barnsley so thats we gotta get used to then......Great??

Robins prob doesnt know our squad any better then he knew the Barnsley squad, so as i have already said imo he didnt set the world alight at barnsley so thats we gotta get used to then......Great??

I think he does know our squad well....

And what do you expect him to do at a small club like Barnsley in a short amount of time?

Ideal for us.

Especially if McInnes, Jones and Davies arent particularly interested

We need to get out of trouble obviously. If he came in and did that, where then ? All i can see is relegation battles year after year.

Really not like me to be so negative perhaps it's the slow decline over the last 3 years.

We need to get out of trouble obviously. If he came in and did that, where then ? All i can see is relegation battles year after year.

Really not like me to be so negative perhaps it's the slow decline over the last 3 years.

Totally agree rj

And on another forum I read, he knows our squad very well and knows exactly what he's going to do?

Riaz Riaz Riaz, come on my boy you have 10000 odd posts you know how forums work?? I read on a forum this morning that Martin O'neil is being appointed this afternoon so lets hope everything we read on forums is true :)

However you state he went to Barnsley and didnt know there squad even though he was Rotherham manager, which is like us and the sags, yet we are 150 odd miles away but you say he knows our squad well?? I just cant see it mate.....

I just dont think its a step forward appointing Robins.

Once again thats only my opinion and you are fully entiteled to yours mate.

Agree apart from the last sentence.

Talk of O'Neil is crazy, Moyes sheer lunacy. Even Jones or Davies don't interest me as I'd like to see a more modest/fledgling name who can both stabilise us and then push on.

I don't have inside knowledge or sources so for all I know O'Driscoll, McInnes, Zola, Tisdale, even McLaren, all of which I'd much rather see appointed, may not be interested/suitable for whatever reason. But the appointment of Robbins screams mediocrity to me. Id love to be proved wrong, delighted to see him come in and push us up the table while playing decent stuff, but his appointment seems more about survival than it does progression and that kind of mindset bothers me.

We are bottom of the table, so survival HAS to be the main priority.

Also, if the others don't want the job then there's no point in appointing them. We'd have another Coppell situation on our hands.

I say give Robins a chance. He's young and enthusiastic and could well turn out to be a great appointment. Just don't expect miracles overnight, bearing in mind the state of the club at the moment.

We are bottom of the table, so survival HAS to be the main priority.

Also, if the others don't want the job then there's no point in appointing them. We'd have another Coppell situation on our hands.

I say give Robins a chance. He's young and enthusiastic and could well turn out to be a great appointment. Just don't expect miracles overnight, bearing in mind the state of the club at the moment.

You should be in school and learning something Robins Jnr. Nice try.

People keep saying appoint robins he will keep us up. Yeh great if he does but what about next season,if we are down there again are we going to sack him and get another manager who can keep us up.Just stupid we need a manager who can get us into the top half,oour squad IS capable of that with the right man,playing right football.

For me Robins is not the answer at all

Groundhog day if Robins is given the job.

I may as well state what I did last time we went through this exercise

"May well be a nice guy, I don't know him personally but what an incredibly underwhelming appointment and yet again Bristol City FC's board have not failed to disappoint me"

Still we might save some money eh?

I mean that's what we're about as a club isn't it?

Getting away with the cheap option if we can.....

Groundhog day if Robins is given the job.

I may as well state what I did last time we went through this exercise

"May well be a nice guy, I don't know him personally but what an incredibly underwhelming appointment and yet again Bristol City FC's board have not failed to disappoint me"

Still we might save some money eh?

I mean that's what we're about as a club isn't it?

Getting away with the cheap option if we can.....

If we do things on the cheap, how come we lose £millions each year?

You are seriously deluded if you don't think we are in a relegation fight. If we aren't, why have we just sacked our manager?

That back five you have listed above will see us relegated. And as for Woolford, don't make me laugh. He's a League One player at best.

Because he was'nt getting anything out of a good set of players...

A decent manager - with an addition of a player or 2, could do very well with this squad.

A decent manager - with an addition of a player or 2, could do very well with this squad.

The entire back 4 is 36% of the team.

Not quite the odd player or two.

We're a rabble at the back and we have no confidence in the midfield or up front.

There are good players but in my opinion move average ones than good in that team now.

Says a lot when our best player last season was a 19 year old kid who wasn't actually employed by us.

The entire back 4 is 36% of the team.

Not quite the odd player or two.

We're a rabble at the back and we have no confidence in the midfield or up front.

There are good players but in my opinion move average ones than good in that team now.

Says a lot when our best player last season was a 19 year old kid who wasn't actually employed by us.

I never suggested we had an amazing squad - simply enough to get out of trouble.

Sorry, I don't agree. The current squad isn't good enough for anything more than a fight against relegation, regardless of who the manager is.

The majority of posters on here over the Summer were concerned about our lack of quality, and nothing has happened recently to improve the overall quality of the squad.

The squad is too big, too expensive and utterly mediocre. A recipe for disaster.

Sorry, I don't agree. The current squad isn't good enough for anything more than a fight against relegation, regardless of who the manager is.

The majority of posters on here over the Summer were concerned about our lack of quality, and nothing has happened recently to improve the overall quality of the squad.

The squad is too big, too expensive and utterly mediocre. A recipe for disaster.

Millen's poor organisational skills, made our players look worse than they are. A couple of defenders and a manager who can organise defensively and we will start picking up results IMO

Considering Robins took Barnsley from bottom to 18th in his first season and then had a solid season the next, I'm amazed anyone would think Millen is on a par or better than him.

Millen would not have lead us to 19th this season as the first 10 games have shown. We have no Caulker to bring in to save us this season.

Robins was never given a chance to have that 3rd season where it would have been interesting to see if he could kick on with Barnsley. Having said that, most people on this board usually predict Barnsley to get relegated every year so for him to keep them up comfortably is decent.

He isn't my first choice. SOD is. But when entering the real world, he is a decent affordable option who is likely to save us this season and steady the ship the next. I'm not sure if he can go further after that but he did take Rotherham up the right end of the table with a 17 point deduction so I would hope he could.

Archived