IGNORED

Mark Robins

ProjectMayhem

If we aren't, why have we just sacked our manager?

Because after 70ish games (not including the Coppell cameo), he had failed to show any real signs of being able to perform any aspect of his job to an acceptable level.

I hope he learns from this and comes back stronger but Millen looked well out of his depth on multiple fronts on various occasions.

If a new man comes in and wins three of five people will be screaming playoffs, we're not in a relegation fight at this point in time and have a decent amount of good players who instructed and directed sufficiently will get results.

Yup, Millen finished 15th eventually. So already he has a higher league finish than Robins whistle.gif

I guess your solid is a way of hiding that 18th and 17th are the new desired finishes?

Its speculative, because its something we will never know now that he isnt manager

Barnsley are 16th at the moment, under their new boss, so not a massive change there thus far

Define decent? and again Rotherham was in the league below. If we had already been relegated then yeah I could see your point, but as for the rest of the season we dont actually play in League One, im struggling to find where the relevance is given his performance at Barnsley in this league

Remember that Robins took over in September in his first year in charge there, so they were hardly dead and buried then, and isnt the great escape that its made out to be.

Millen did well to finish 15th but as I said I think Caulker was the difference and without him to save us then I'm pretty sure we would be dead and buried this season. Of course there is no way of telling though - just opinion.

18th and 17th would be fine for now. Not long term but better than relegation which in my opinion was the most likely option under Millen this season.

Barnsley have made a good start. Not sure where they will finish but not sure it will be as high as 16th.

I'm not that bothered about managers doing well in the league below. GJ did only got promotions in the leagues below yet got us out of league 1. Had there not been a 17 point deduction, Robins would have had Rotherham promoted.

I agree it wasn't a great escape over the course of the season but considering he had them out of the bottom 3 before Xmas, that isn't bad and something I would take with us right now.

As I've said before, he isn't my number one choice, but I think it would be a solid and realistic appointment given the current circumstances.

I'm sure, and know he is Riaz but being ten times better than Keef ain't nothing to brag about :innocent06:

If the board want to give the fans a sign of the clubs ambition, we need a bigger name than Mark Robins :disapointed2se:

I dont want a big name. If there coming here, that means they have usually failed miserably elsewhere.

Sidewards/backwards step!!

I'm sorry but your talking rubbish!! Millen had never managed before!!

Robins did very well with Rotherham even with all the money problems! And kept up a poor Barnsley side!!!

Not sure if you are directing that at me but anyway; i happen to think Robins would keep us up, just. Perhaps that is all a lot of you would be satisfied with.

I happen to think, however, that there are far better candidates who would do a lot more than just keep us up.

I'm sure, and know he is Riaz but being ten times better than Keef ain't nothing to brag about :innocent06:

If the board want to give the fans a sign of the clubs ambition, we need a bigger nam

e than Mark Robins :disapointed2se

My god who do you think we are?? We are Bristol city, losing 12 million a year and ave att of between 12-14k we are NOT a big club! We need to bring in manager who is going to build someone long term!!!

Sidewards/backwards step!!

I'm sorry but your talking rubbish!! Millen had never managed before!!

Robins did very well with Rotherham even with all the money problems! And kept up a poor Barnsley side!!!

Hows it rubbish? Why did SL hire Steve Coppel, and then give the job to a guy who never managed before?

Yes Robins did well, but whats the point of a new 30,000 seater stadium when we are reaching the dizzy heights of 18th in the league each year?

Will we fill the stadium? No Will the fans be happy with that? No.......it should be every teams ambition to get to the PL, will robins get us there? No

Wheres your ambition for this club???

Hows it rubbish? Why did SL hire Steve Coppel, and then give the job to a guy who never managed before?

Yes Robins did well, but whats the point of a new 30,000 seater stadium when we are reaching the dizzy heights of 18th in the league each year?

Will we fill the stadium? No Will the fans be happy with that? No.......it should be every teams ambition to get to the PL, will robins get us there? No

Wheres your ambition for this club???

How do you know with time and a slight bigger club, he'll only achieve 18th?

I can see no evidence at all that MR could turn this team around (with or without additions) or that he has ability / knowledge / plans to take any club forward with youth policies and the like - he does not fit the chaimens criteria

But then again......is turning the team around a priority? ..........especialy with no stadium progress due or looking likely before 2013/14 possibly 2015

As most of you say..."this squad aint good enuff for CCC" .........Sometimes you have to go back to go forward.......look at Leeds / Southampton / Norwich and upcoming Charlton ....all suffered the DISASTER of being in league one and realised it was time to tread water and sort out good roots youth policies ....find thier own gems........policies which are now paying dividends as they all start to climb back looking stronger than they ever did before

My god who do you think we are?? We are Bristol city, losing 12 million a year and ave att of between 12-14k we are NOT a big club! We need to bring in manager who is going to build someone long term!!!

Well said that man - a little perspective is needed here, it's a tough division and we are NOT a big noise in it. We massively over-achieved in our first season up, and that has unrealistically raised expectations since. Our team is poor and too much money is going in the wrong places - eg DJ's wages - and we have assets that we can't get the most out of (Maynard, etc). We were always facing a tough season, and the talk by some of us making the play offs was deluded at best.

We need someone to build us up, not put himself in the shop window for a bigger job in one year's time. Someone like Robins would probably do that. The likes of Jones et al are probably a good short term bet but in the long term, their ambition will not be matched by our budget.

We need to stabilise, consolidate our position in this league and build from within or below - we have neither the resources nor the history to attract from above, unless it's kids on loan.

Mark Robins will apparently be announced early next week, the board have one more person they want to speak to and they are speaking to his advisors the weekend

Eh!?

You mean they need to speak to one more person associated with Robbins before it goes through, rather than how I read it, which was they need to speak to one more candidate before confirming it as Robbins!?

I don't understand this stuff, didn't Sexstone say as early as, well, earlier, that first interviews will likely conclude today with two people progressing to second interviews from there!?

Either everyone's 'source' is desperate for attention, gullible, or both, or Sexstone is a liar.

Eh!?

You mean they need to speak to one more person associated with Robbins before it goes through, rather than how I read it, which was they need to speak to one more candidate before confirming it as Robbins!?

I don't understand this stuff, didn't Sexstone say as early as, well, earlier, that first interviews will likely conclude today with two people progressing to second interviews from there!?

Either everyone's 'source' is desperate for attention, gullible, or both, or Sexstone is a liar.

....excitiing though innit :innocent06:

Archived