IGNORED

Exclusive Chat With Chairman.

bcfcmike

I'll keep my champagne on ice.

He wouldn't be as bad an appointment as McLaren or Robins though, so I reserve the celebration.

I seriously hope Dave Jones or Billy Davies are one of those two with the 2nd round,

Just a hunch, but i dont think Davies has applied. CS said he wss a little suprised 1 or 2 hadn't applied.

I still cant get over why every man and his dog wants this McFlurry fella? He hasn't been mentioned on here ever sonce I've been on here and now he's like the Godfather of Championship football....

We need someone who knows the league, knows the players he needs to compete in the league. This can either be DJ or BD.

I still cant get over why every man and his dog wants this McFlurry fella? He hasn't been mentioned on here ever sonce I've been on here and now he's like the Godfather of Championship football....

We need someone who knows the league, knows the players he needs to compete in the league. This can either be DJ or BD.

Why do we need someone who knows the league? You've got to start somewhere just like Paul Lambert and Gus Poyet did also McInnes has played in England quite a bit.

The reason people like him is because he's clearly a talented manager.

Thats not exactly what he said.

It's close enough. If you see it as a veiled disguise then fair enough. Personally I see it for what was suggested. We haven't spoken to him.

That's not to say we won't, although I'm hoping it stays that way. Having said that if it were McInnes or Robins I'd rather have McInnes. A sorry state of affairs things would be, none the less, but at least he may have something about him as opposed to Robins who has proved he does not

It's close enough. If you see it as a veiled disguise then fair enough. Personally I see it for what was suggested. We haven't spoken to him.

That's not to say we won't, although I'm hoping it stays that way. Having said that if it were McInnes or Robins I'd rather have McInnes. A sorry state of affairs things would be, none the less, but at least he may have something about him as opposed to Robins who has proved he does not

Have you approached any clubs yet?

"not formally, that will come later"

Says to me that at least one candidate is at a club

Have you approached any clubs yet?

"not formally, that will come later"

Says to me that at least one candidate is at a club

Surely though that means no one in a job has gone through the 1st interview stage he says they should have completed by today?? Because they cant have someone in for 1st interview if they have not asked that managers club permission to speak to him??

Michael Laudrup might be a long shot. heard it here first.

They did pop off to Amserdam did they not? from there they could have met someone, flown on to mallorca or up to denmark or anywhere.

Laudrup has a pretty decent record and only recently resigned as manager of Real Mallorca.

Why do we need someone who knows the league? You've got to start somewhere just like Paul Lambert and Gus Poyet did also McInnes has played in England quite a bit.

The reason people like him is because he's clearly a talented manager.

If he's so talented why has nobody heard of him until last week? Of course you need someone who knows the league, have you seen the position we're in?

Surely though that means no one in a job has gone through the 1st interview stage he says they should have completed by today?? Because they cant have someone in for 1st interview if they have not asked that managers club permission to speak to him??

Not formally - sounds like a phone call to let the club (st johnstone hopefully) know we are speaking to their manager

We dont need to do anything formally until we decided who we want.

Thats how I read it anyway.

If he's so talented why has nobody heard of him until last week? Of course you need someone who knows the league, have you seen the position we're in?

He was linked with alot of jobs last season, West Brom and Burnley to name a few.. he turned them down to stay at St Johnstone.

Were bottom of the league but there is another 36 games.. You dont go out and there give someone the job based on them knowing the division, we want someone who is ambitious and can get the best out of our players.

Not formally - sounds like a phone call to let the club (st johnstone hopefully) know we are speaking to their manager

You can't let them know, you have to ask permission or it's illegal tapping up.

I've absolutely no inside info on this, but if I had to guess the two invited back for second interviews I would go for Jones and Robins.

Yes, the St Johnstone chairmen has said he will allow McInnes to hold talks with us then if he feels it's a move he wants we will have to agree compensation after.

I think the two invited back will be Robins and McInnes, I just feel Jones wont be able to agree terms or he'll decide he wants to wait a little longer as alot of jobs will be available around christmas.

Yeah possibly Riaz im not 100% sure how it works??

I've absolutely no inside info on this, but if I had to guess the two invited back for second interviews I would go for Jones and Robins.

Of course we need their permission - but a phone call to say "we want to speak to your manager, that ok?" "If things go well, we'll be in touch"

very informal

Depends on what a "1st interview" consists of. It could just be an informal meeting in a hotel with the blessing of the opposing chairman. There'd be no point messing around agreeing compo for a manager before you've spoken to him- you might not like, he might not like you

I have to say, while i think McInnes is the best choice, many have perhaps gone a touch overboard. I want him because the guy is used to winning and making average players play well, but actually the main reason i want him is because Robins plays poor football, Jones' acheievements have been massively overstated and he's never had to take a club off the foot of the Championship table and O'Driscoll was sacked after not winning in 17 games or similar so may have lost his touch. McInnes is as much a good option because the others are flawed as he is on his own merits

He said the last will be today.

It's not completely clear as he said regarding the initial 5 or 6 "half way there" now & "almost all the way there on Friday" (perhaps the interview was done yesterday) & "a few things to check up on Monday." I guess with these situations things are never completely straightforward but it looks like they will be "grilling" two candidates early next week and as long as one impresses and wants the job then we'll hear mid to late next week.

It's not completely clear as he said regarding the initial 5 or 6 "half way there" now & "almost all the way there on Friday" (perhaps the interview was done yesterday) & "a few things to check up on Monday." I guess with these situations things are never completely straightforward but it looks like they will be "grilling" two candidates early next week and as long as one impresses and wants the job then we'll hear mid to late next week.

Listened to it again earlier and yeah your right.

More than half interviewed - most done by today - a decision monday night on the final two.

This tells me interview today and one monday.

Actually, you should read that statement from CS again; They have not whittled it down to 2 yet,that will not happen until early next week. This is where they are right now and i quote:- "We've a small panel doing the interviews, which are in-depth. By close of play on Friday we'll probably have completed the first stage with the five or six selected managers.

So as of NOW that suggests the list is far bigger than 5 or 6, will not be down to that number until friday and not down to 2 until early next week. I would rather take it from CS than anywhere else as reliable information.

Archived