IGNORED

Exclusive Chat With Chairman.

bcfcmike

Definitely sounds like McInnes is in with a big shout IMO. Colin Sexstone hinted early on in the interview that "people may have questioned Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert before they were hired and got promotions", "the manager doesn't have to have achieved much on paper as it's about the future"

Del Boy's coming :fingerscrossed:

Definitely sounds like McInnes is in with a big shout IMO. Colin Sexstone hinted early on in the interview that "people may have questioned Brendan Rogers and Paul Lambert before they were hired and got promotions", "the manager doesn't have to have achieved much on paper as it's about the future"

Del Boy's coming :fingerscrossed:

Good point, did'nt think of it that way...

A few interesting comments from Sexstone:

- Applications from all round the world (although not many from fans!)

- Sometimes its possible that some of the candidates who've been or are being interviewed are with other clubs already, so there is negotiating to go on there

- No clubs have been approached formally, but that will come a bit later

- All the managers we are speaking to are established managers with big reputations

- Surprised that certain managers haven't applied

Going by that, I think one of the candidates has to be McInnes or Tisdale. I dont see why he'd mention it being possible one of the candidates is with another club already, and that contact with another club will come later.

For me, the 6 being interviewed are McInnes, Robins, SoD, Jones, Zola and one other. I think Billy Davies will be the one who hasnt applied and isnt interested.

Glad to see that board are taking due dilligence seriously as well, as this is a massive appointment for the board (and SL), and one they can't afford to **** up.

Lansdown has appointed, or been party to the appointment, of several managers now. Most of them have been unsuccessful. Wilson was an out of work manager who had had success but had been on the downslide prior to being appointed. He wasn't as successful as he should have been with us; so we did not improve under him. Tinnion and Millen were internal appointments and were not a success. Coppell was another unemployed manager on the downslide and we know what a disaster that appointment was. The one successful appointment Lansdown made was Gary Johnson. Johnson was in work and doing well at Yeovil. It was considered a step-up for him to manage us.

I just wonder if Mr Lansdown will consider this past history and look to make another appointment along the lines of his one successful punt. The only 'applicant' amongst those mentioned who fits this criteria is Derek McInnis.

A few interesting comments from Sexstone:

- Applications from all round the world (although not many from fans!)

- Sometimes its possible that some of the candidates who've been or are being interviewed are with other clubs already, so there is negotiating to go on there

- No clubs have been approached formally, but that will come a bit later

- All the managers we are speaking to are established managers with big reputations

- Surprised that certain managers haven't applied

Going by that, I think one of the candidates has to be McInnes or Tisdale. I dont see why he'd mention it being possible one of the candidates is with another club already, and that contact with another club will come later.

For me, the 6 being interviewed are McInnes, Robins, SoD, Jones, Zola and one other. I think Billy Davies will be the one who hasnt applied and isnt interested.

Glad to see that board are taking due dilligence seriously as well, as this is a massive appointment for the board (and SL), and one they can't afford to **** up.

Robins?????

Lansdown has appointed, or been party to the appointment, of several managers now. Most of them have been unsuccessful. Wilson was an out of work manager who had had success but had been on the downslide prior to being appointed. He wasn't as successful as he should have been with us; so we did not improve under him. Tinnion and Millen were internal appointments and were not a success. Coppell was another unemployed manager on the downslide and we know what a disaster that appointment was. The one successful appointment Lansdown made was Gary Johnson. Johnson was in work and doing well at Yeovil. It was considered a step-up for him to manage us.

I just wonder if Mr Lansdown will consider this past history and look to make another appointment along the lines of his one successful punt. The only 'applicant' amongst those mentioned who fits this criteria is Derek McInnis.

Tisdale?

Jones, Robins, McInnes, Hughes, Boothroyd & O'Driscoll would the 6 i'd guess. Still there could be 1 or 2 suprises :whistle2:

Well CS did say over 50 applicants from around the world so it could be Pep from Barca. Xavi was gonna come with him but he said. "I got no chance of getting in the team with Marv there"

You can't let them know, you have to ask permission or it's illegal tapping up.

I've absolutely no inside info on this, but if I had to guess the two invited back for second interviews I would go for Jones and Robins.

Not if you phone and say. Nothing formal but can we just have a word and see if both parties maybe interested. Then if talks go well we re approach the club saying. Yes we're interested came we make an offer to take him.

Who do people think will be on the interviewing panel?

CS states that the interviewing panel has lots of experience. If the panel is made up of mainly board members I sincerley doubt that. Especially football wise. We ain't interviewing the next sales manager.

Never know who might be on the panel football wise. It's international break we may of asked Joe Jordan or someone like that to bounce ideas off of. He still lives local or Rosenior.

So the outcome of that video is that everyone who's said manager A has the job, manager B has turned it down etc is talking a load of bollocks.

Dont you think CS let two clues out the bag.

Listen in again.

When asked about the 5 prospective managers, he said something on the lines of Lambert came from Colchester to take over at Norwich and look how well he has done (my gut feeling is perhaps Robbins could do that here)

Has he spoken to a prospective manager who is still with another club? Not yet he said (That has to be McIness surely?)

So for me the two are ROBBINS and McCLNESS

Dont you think CS let two clues out the bag.

Listen in again.

When asked about the 5 prospective managers, he said something on the lines of Lambert came from Colchester to take over at Norwich and look how well he has done (my gut feeling is perhaps Robbins could do that here)

Has he spoken to a prospective manager who is still with another club? Not yet he said (That has to be McIness surely?)

So for me the two are ROBBINS and McCLNESS

You can hear what you like from an interview imo, how would you know he's talking about McClines, it could be any manager..

But surely thats doubtful seeing that St Johnson has said that Bristol City have shown interest in taking him?

Still doesn't guarantee anything could be another manager.

Didn't that come about after Lamberts Colchester had just thrashed Norwich leading to the sacking of the manager? Does that mean we are in for Holloway? :innocent06:

Classic City if it were.

Talk big and then when it comes down to it we pick from a nobody in Scotland and a lower league grade manager.

The club has disappointed me for 90% of the last 20 years, why change now.

Typical, fickle and unrealistic supporter - no wonder your always disappointed

Archived