IGNORED

Mcinnes Or Robins

havanatopia

McInnes or Robins?  

318 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Barnsley Tyke Quote on Haynes..... "Haynes is doing ok a guess, Transfer stories got to his head but been on Bench last 2 games"

If thats what you call rating a player by your standards then we are truly in the Sh*t then if what he says about Robins is true?? If he got the job of course??

He did rate him when he was playing...

If you take one persons view as gospel then that is up to you. I look at his record at Barnsley and Rotherham under the circumstances and I think he has done a reasonable job at both.

If you take one persons view as gospel then that is up to you. I look at his record at Barnsley and Rotherham under the circumstances and I think he has done a reasonable job at both.

Absolutely, a 'reasonable' job. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Thats just it i dont take 1 persons view, but my point was BT was saying that when haynes first went there totally looked the business then after a period of time started fading away and looking non interested......Does that sound familer to you??? Because it certainly does to me, it sounds like BT has got Haynes spot on. So in my eyes his views are credible and always seem fair and unbiased.

Ok look at Robins Record did ok at Rotherham albiet at League 1 (totally different from the championship which i im sure even you will agree with ??) But at Barnsley i wouldnt say he did a good job just got them by i would say, we even beat them 5-2 when we were in one of our worst spells for years......so for me Thanks but no thanks.

But like i have already said if it was out of him and the Jock then id have to pick Robins.

Edited by bcfcmike

So you would rather have mark robins than dave jones i've seen you've taken a dis-like to him on other threads) Laughable.

Edited by CiderArmyy

So you would rather have mark robins than dave jones i've seen you've taken a dis-like to him on other threads) Laughable.

Spot on....alot of people are missing that point i'd rather be challenging every year even if it was losing out in the play offs, rather than a relagation fight every year :grr:

Why is it laughable?

I don't rate Dave Jones because he failed so badly at Cardiff with such a good squad available. I think that is a fair point.

I can't remember him being in many relegation scraps in this league - Robins has- which is what we need right now. In the Prem DJ got Wolves relegated in 20th place I think- not really his fault but doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Thats just it i dont take 1 persons view, but my point was BT was saying that when haynes first went there totally looked the business then after a period of time started fading away and looking non interested......Does that sound familer to you??? Because it certainly does to me, it sounds like BT has got Haynes spot on. So in my eyes his views are credible and always seem fair and unbiased.

Ok look at Robins Record did ok at Rotherham albiet at League 1 (totally different from the championship which i im sure even you will agree with ??) But at Barnsley i wouldnt say he did a good job just got them by i would say, we even beat them 5-2 when we were in one of our worst spells for years......so for me Thanks but no thanks.

But like i have already said if it was out of him and the Jock then id have to pick Robins.

That is fair on Haynes.

I wouldn't call League 1 totally different because many managers have gone on to do well in this league after being promoted or doing well in League 1.

I've already said I would pick McIness over Robins.

Of course we would. But right now we aren't anywhere near that level.

No Agreed....but we bl**dy could be if we appoint the right man?? Rather than someone thats going to do a simular Job to Keith and just have us struggling through for the next 2 or 3 years depending how long a contract we give them...

No Agreed....but we bl**dy could be if we appoint the right man?? Rather than someone thats going to do a simular Job to Keith and just have us struggling through for the next 2 or 3 years depending how long a contract we give them...

I totally agree. Yet we differ on who is the right man or the right kind of mananger...

Just different ways of seeing it I guess.

Edited by Alex_BCFC

I totally agree. Yet we differ on who is the right man or the right kind of mananger...

Just different ways of seeing it I guess.

All i want mate (same as you im sure) is the best for BCFC and i think that would be one of the boys that have been there and been a success of some degree at this level.....but if one of the others are appointed then GOD dont i ever hope im proven wrong they would still get my support until as with Keith come the end i could just not see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course we would. But right now we aren't anywhere near that level.

The thing is though Alex, while i respect your view on Robins, you cannot cut and slice it when it comes to choosing a manager; one for relegation battles and one for play off fights. To choose a manager is to find someone who can do both and, so by definition, for the long term prospects of the club. You are arguing we should take Robins based on his dogfight attributes and nothing else with the hope we might do alright after that. Again, by definition therefore, you are advocating a short term and more expensive solution down the road.

I think that is the wrong way to look at it. If you can come up with a better argument it might receive a better hearing.

Edited by havanatopia

Not a very objective way of framing a 'vote'! Imagine if you went into an election and the form said 'Please tick the box next to the party you want to win (bearing in my it's very likely the Tories will win)'!

:)

based on the fact McInnes is the favourite in the main poll and Robins is/has been favourite amongst the bookies i think it has absolute relevance.

You are, I am sure, far too intelligent to be distracted by the nuance of the question; and anyway i see no ambiguity there at all. it is pretty clear what the objective of the poll is. Vote yes, vote no or abstain. simple really.

As a Millers fan (and i have added anew post) think you are mad to be so against Robins, he did an excellent job for us, and looking from afar at the in-bred dingles he didn't do a bad job there either, and by sounds of it if the club had of backed him they would of pushed on again so don't be so quick to dismiss him IMO

Not sure why everyone is attacking this post?? The question was merely IF these 2 were the last candidates, which would you rather? Purely hypothetical but COULD happen so why not see who people prefer between these 2? You don't have to vote! Any comments about other managers I'm sure will appear in the countless other threads!

The thing is though Alex, while i respect your view on Robins, you cannot cut and slice it when it comes to choosing a manager; one for relegation battles and one for play off fights. To choose a manager is to find someone who can do both and, so by definition, for the long term prospects of the club. You are arguing we should take Robins based on his dogfight attributes and nothing else with the hope we might do alright after that. Again, by definition therefore, you are advocating a short term and more expensive solution down the road.

I think that is the wrong way to look at it. If you can come up with a better argument it might receive a better hearing.

I think you get me wrong over that. Not only do I think he can get us out of a mess and steady the ship, he has shown at Rotherham how he can push sides on.

I find it really strange that Mark Robins is getting such a hard time on here, and I do wonder if those voting for McInnes are doing so because of what he could - rather than what he actually is.

Firstly, Robins has the pedigree as a player having come through at Man Utd under SAF and playing at the top level for some good footballing teams (Norwich and Leicester), he's also played abroad briefly, too.

As a manager he's taken on two clubs who

were really struggling within their division, so was given little opportunity to spend money or get them playing attractive football immediately. But has helped both clubs survive, and in the case of Rotherham, as one of their fans on here has suggested, got them playing good football.

He's certainly an authority figure, and would command respect from the players given his own successful career. Players would respect that - and he might even be able to help our strikers score...

He has also history with us; despite a very short time here as a player, there was disappointment when he had to return to Rotherham, and a sense that Robins fitted in with the robins. Maybe now would be a good opportunity for him to achieve something with us?

As for Derek McInnes, he's very much an unknown quantity as a manager. Very few of us know much about him, but we're hoping he could be the same quality and of the same type that typifies so many of the recent Scottish managers

I find it really strange that Mark Robins is getting such a hard time on here, and I do wonder if those voting for McInnes are doing so because of what he could - rather than what he actually is.

Firstly, Robins has the pedigree as a player having come through at Man Utd under SAF and playing at the top level for some good footballing teams (Norwich and Leicester), he's also played abroad briefly, too.

As a manager he's taken on two clubs who

were really struggling within their division, so was given little opportunity to spend money or get them playing attractive football immediately. But has helped both clubs survive, and in the case of Rotherham, as one of their fans on here has suggested, got them playing good football.

He's certainly an authority figure, and would command respect from the players given his own successful career. Players would respect that - and he might even be able to help our strikers score...

He has also history with us; despite a very short time here as a player, there was disappointment when he had to return to Rotherham, and a sense that Robins fitted in with the robins. Maybe now would be a good opportunity for him to achieve something with us?

As for Derek McInnes, he's very much an

unknown quantity as a manager. Very few of us know much about him, but we're hoping he could be the same quality and of the same type that typifies so many of the recent Scottish managers (Lambert, Coyle, Moyes, Irvine, etc).

There's also a sense that he's seen as a bright, young manager - an exciting new talent. But Robins is only two years older. And has as much managerial experience, and probably at a higher level than McInnes who's only managed in Scotland, which isn't as a good a quality as the Championship.

I think either would probably be a good choice, but also probably a risk - but I think Robins history and experience would probably make him less of a risk than McInnes.

Having said all that, I think Dave Jones would be a better all-round choice!

Odds are we'll need a New City Manager Song:

WHEN THE 'NICE' MARK ROBINS IS SENT BOB BOBBIN' ALONG, ALONG

S.O.D.ing OFF WITH THE JONES'S, & THE COTTS & THE ZOLAS ....THEY'LL ALL BE GONE!!

SO WAKE UP, WAKE UP NEXT WEEK YOU REDS

WE'LL ALL - BE AS HAPPY AS F *** SHITHEADS

WHEN WE'VE SIGNED DEL McINNES INSTEAD

& WE'LL BE - SO - F **** G - HAPPY!

YEAH, WHEN THE RED RED ROBIN IS BOB BOB BOBBIN' ALONG, ALONG

& WE'LL ALL SING AGAIN - ITS GREAT AT THE GATE AGAIN

... WE'LL BE SINGING THIS SONG...

'WHEN THE RED RED ROBIN GOES BOB BOB BOBBIN' ALONG' !!!

Hmm, trust me to go making a song & dance about it.

Using the medium of song I predicted this scenario last Saturday in the 'odds' thread...

So when Robins has finally been sent bob bobbin along -we'll all be so happy that Del-Boys our new boss !! :fingerscrossed: