IGNORED

Ftao The Board - Clear Message...

PFree

Please no, don't appoint Mark Robins - okay, he's done okay with limited resources previously but we all really need a lift at the moment and I'm sorry but this appointment wouldn't achive that? Is there a single person on here who is looking forward to the bookies clear favourite being appointed?

I appreciate money is a consideration but results happen for a reason and we really must have somebody in who can take us to the next level.

I'd love to see Dave Jones brought in - he has the Championship experience, track record and contacts within the game to make it happen and really make a difference - if it's possible, please, let's have him!!

This is your chance to send a message to those who are choosing our next manager - views?

Please no, don't appoint Mark Robins - okay, he's done okay with limited resources previously but we all really need a lift at the moment and I'm sorry but this appointment wouldn't achive that? Is there a single person on here who is looking forward to the bookies clear favourite being appointed?

I appreciate money is a consideration but results happen for a reason and we really must have somebody in who can take us to the next level.

I'd love to see Dave Jones brought in - he has the Championship experience, track record and contacts within the game to make it happen and really make a difference - if it's possible, please, let's have him!!

This is your chance to send a message to those who are choosing our next manager - views?

+1 appointing MR is beyond comprehension.

An MR appointment will tell me that the board have lost all of their drive to push this club forward. It will also signify that Lansdown has had enough of pumping money into our club.

Totally agree. The club is at a low enough ebb at the moment and IMO the appointment of MR would do little or nothing to lift the fans, or the image of the club. He may do ok, but the signs are certainly not promising from his previous work. If we do go the MR route, no amount of bigging up by the board is going to convince the supporters that this club still has ambitions of moving on to better things.

100% agree Please JONES OR DAVIES no others come near :sign09: :sign09: :sign09:

if he is clear favorite its because the fans think the board is weak and un inspiring and will appoint a cheap option , they are putting money on it not cos they want m.r. but that is all they think the board will do. we know he is not the calibre of man needed but probably the easiest and cheapest option .

I don't think the board give a toss what the fans think,and decision will be based on finances,and not progress,hope I'm wrong though

in this world of social networking i would hope people around or in touch with the board WILL be reading forums etc to guage reaction. if not then they are truly out of touchwith the fans.

I don't think the board give a toss what the fans think,and decision will be based on finances,and not progress,hope I'm wrong though

The problem being that football is a game of opinions and we all have different views.

I don't want MR or David Jones.

MR = dull middle of the road easy option for the board showing no ambition..

DJ = ex Cardiff manger even with best team in league failed to gain promotion or keep players under control .

Time for a clean sweep young ambitious manager required but he must be allowed to manage and bring in his own people.

Del Boy McInnes for me

I agree Taunton_City. It seems as if we have some arrogant fans who believe their 'opinion' is better and more valid than others. Give the bloke a chance. Didn't Colin S say candidates weren't just being judged on their past. If Robins gets the job its because he did well at interview too. Perhaps all 10000 members can sit on the interview panel so we get who we all want. (Shame he doesn't exist). What if he gets the job City fans

I've spent the past few days studying the 3 main guys linked to the job. In order of my preference:

1) McInnes. Highly thought of and would bring something new and fresh to the club. Ok not the most experienced but seems to have been a leader on the pitch throughout his career. I've heard a lot of positives about him and I think he'd be worth the risk.

2) Dave Jones. Very experienced and has a decent record with most of his clubs. Can attract decent 'named' players. Maybe wages and money in general might put the board off? I don't think the current board are strong enough to cope with the demands he might bring. I don't think the board are positive enough to take that chance.

3) Robins. Obviously people will look at this as the easy and cheap option. If he is appointed then the fans will say they went for the easiest option and that won't sit well with the fans and i doubt would bring many floating fans back. Robins seems to be a guy who can get something out of average players and average teams but could he take us beyond that? For me, if we appoint him I can see us having these exact types of conversations on this forum in 2 years time! I think he'd keep us up but next seasn we'd be one of those 13th-20th finish teams.

I think the appointment will show us what sort of ambition the board has for us.

I've spent the past few days studying the 3 main guys linked to the job. In order of my preference:

1) McInnes. Highly thought of and would bring something new and fresh to the club. Ok not the most experienced but seems to have been a leader on the pitch throughout his career. I've heard a lot of positives about him and I think he'd be worth the risk.

2) Dave Jones. Very experienced and has a decent record with most of his clubs. Can attract decent 'named' players. Maybe wages and money in general might put the board off? I don't think the current board are strong enough to cope with the demands he might bring. I don't think the board are positive enough to take that chance.

3) Robins. Obviously people will look at this as the easy and cheap option. If he is appointed then the fans will say they went for the easiest option and that won't sit well with the fans and i doubt would bring many floating fans back. Robins seems to be a guy who can get something out of average players and average teams but could he take us beyond that? For me, if we appoint him I can see us having these exact types of conversations on this forum in 2 years time! I think he'd keep us up but next seasn we'd be one of those 13th-20th finish teams.

I think the appointment will show us what sort of ambition the board has for us.

Oh FFS!!! What is everyones problem with Mark Robins!!!

From my perspective, it's not a "problem" I have, it's more that other candidates have more experience, proven track record and contacts within the game - what does MR bring in your view?

On a personal basis I just feel the club needs a real lift at the moment to get everybody back together, and in my opinion, I don't believe that after a truly awful period in it's history, having chosen the "cheap option" a MR appointment would send out all the wrong messages once again?

From my perspective, it's not a "problem" I have, it's more that other candidates have more experience, proven track record and contacts within the game - what does MR bring in your view?

On a personal basis I just feel the club needs a real lift at the moment to get everybody back together, and in my opinion, I don't believe that after a truly awful period in it's history, having chosen the "cheap option" a MR appointment would send out all the wrong messages once again?

If you think this has been a truly awful period, you clearly weren't around in 1982. Now, THAT was awful.

And as for managers with experience, contacts etc, didn't all of that apply to Coppell?

The most high profile managers on the list may not get the best out of this club. If it was that simple, we would all know who we would like. Having said that, I can't see some of the names on the list being any more inspiring to the fans than KM was when he was appointed. The club needs a massive instantaneous boost. We can't go another 10 or 15 games trying to get it right. Robbins does not get my enthusiasm up so for me he would be a no! However, whoever gets the job will get my support for at least the rest of this season (ticket).

If you think this has been a truly awful period, you clearly weren't around in 1982. Now, THAT was awful.

And as for managers with experience, contacts etc, didn't all of that apply to Coppell?

it did apply to coppell and he was the best around and a fantastic appointment for this club..dont be so quick to diss coppell .something made him see things differently when in post ,we dont know what it was but my thinking is s/l went back on something promised and he walked, hence s/l stepped away to let others have more input cos he kept making wrong calls ie tins garys loans etc.

Archived