IGNORED

Ftao The Board - Clear Message...

PFree

Because he's come to other clubs at the bottom of the table and kept them up and - in the case of Rotherham - would have got them promoted.

That's where we are. Bottom of the table.

Robins didn't spend big to achieve what he did, he did it through tactical know-how, a few telling loans and getting the players motivated. Which is exactly what we need now.

Exactly. This is exactly whats needed this season.

And it will be interesting what to see what he can do with a bigger budget, which he may get once a load of players leave at the end of the season

I see you point RR and would not diss you,but i do see a big difference in Rotherham and more to the point the respective leagues we play in.

If Robins gets the job he has my support,all im saying is at this time when we have an open field,i feel we could do better

Totally Agree Mr Gow, we should be looking for the best candidate not the cheapest!

I see you point RR and would not diss you,but i do see a big difference in Rotherham and more to the point the respective leagues we play in.

If Robins gets the job he has my support,all im saying is at this time when we have an open field,i feel we could do better

Thanks for the courteous reply. To my mind, it's horses for courses and if we were a PL club (or on the brink) then maybe I'd think differently, but for now I don't think Mark Robins - who I remember being a tidy player when he was here - would be a bad choice.

Thanks for the courteous reply. To my mind, it's horses for courses and if we were a PL club (or on the brink) then maybe I'd think differently, but for now I don't think Mark Robins - who I remember being a tidy player when he was here - would be a bad choice.

But if we ended up with a last four as an example of MR, Jones, O'Driscoll and McInnes, you'd choose MR out of those four? Is this purely because he has done okay on a limited budget previously, why else? Out of those four, MR would most definately be my last choice?

If our aspirations are simply to survive, is this the right approach to appointing a manager? Why wouldn't we want somebody who could sutviveplus build on with the Premier League dream in mind - that the board's aspiration or it certainly was when this season commenced, so why should it any different now?

But if we ended up with a last four as an example of MR, Jones, O'Driscoll and McInnes, you'd choose MR out of those four? Is this purely because he has done okay on a limited budget previously, why else? Out of those four, MR would most definately be my last choice?

If our aspirations are simply to survive, is this the right approach to appointing a manager? Why wouldn't we want somebody who could sutviveplus build on with the Premier League dream in mind - that the board's aspiration or it certainly was when this season commenced, so why should it any different now?

I'm a bit more wary of O'Driscoll but I'd be happy with any of the other three.

All I'm saying is we're a club with limited resources who is at the foot of the table. Robins has a track record for getting such clubs back to safety and - indeed moving them well up the table.

Have Jones or McInnes taken over relegation-bound clubs and saved them?

Of course, both those bring a good track record - but are they the right men for our specific predicament? Or would it be a bit like buying a star striker - and playing him in goal?

TBH any of them could succeed. I don't think we're considering any absolute clunkers. It's just I think Robins is the safest bet.

I would be completely underwelmed by Robins, ugh, just when optimism should be soaring.

No to Robins!

Back to the top

I DON'T WANT Mark Robins as Manager and will feel completely underwhelmed if he is appointed - I only speak for three season ticket holders so you might suggest my opinion matters not but I can't help but feel that with the manager's currently available, MR most certainly feels like the cheap option.

I feel very low already with regard to City and the appointment of the bookies favourite will make me feel that no progress has been made and that we certainly haven't learned any lessons of the Millen fiasco.

It might be strong views but it's how I feel.

Archived