IGNORED

Ashton Gate...subbuteo Stylee

spudski

Just found some old photos of my Subbuteo Stadium that i based on Ashton Gate...

Thought it would bring some light hearted fun to the forum.

A behind closed doors game is being played between the Allies v *unacceptable word* Germany ( Escape to Victory Film )

Hope you like...

308483636_d95bada2a6_b.jpg

308485652_661f2644f9_b.jpg

311835394_0c7608c304.jpg

311835400_8b9bff064f_b.jpg

313895794_7384186647.jpg

313895798_4e8b3b1e8a_b.jpg

313895803_530db4b05b_b.jpg

If you want to know what the Escape to Victory film was based on, then read this interesting and excellent article. The players were literally playing for their lives...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Match

Impressive stuff Spudski. Looking at that travelling army of synthetic supporters reminds me of just one thing.

All I can say is Half Man Half Biscuit (All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit!)

So he'd send his doting mother up the stairs with the stepladders

To get the Subbuteo out of the loft

He had all the accessories required for that big match atmosphere

The crowd and the dugout and the floodlights too

But you'd always get palmed off with a headless centre forward

And a goalkeeper with no arms and a face like his

And he'd managed to get hold of a Dukla Prague away kit

'Cos his uncle owned a sports shop and he'd kept it to one side

And after only five minutes you'd be down to ten men

'Cos he'd sent off your right back for taking the base from under his left winger

And come to half time you were losing four-nil

Each and every goal a hotly disputed penalty

So you'd smash up the floodlights and the match was abandoned

And the dog would bark and you'd be banned from his house

And your travelling army of synthetic supporters

Would be taken away from you and thrown in the bin

Just found some old photos of my Subbuteo Stadium that i based on Ashton Gate...

Thought it would bring some light hearted fun to the forum.

A behind closed doors game is being played between the Allies v *unacceptable word* Germany ( Escape to Victory Film )

Hope you like...

313895803_530db4b05b_b.jpg

If you want to know what the Escape to Victory film was based on, then read this interesting and excellent article. The players were literally playing for their lives...

http://en.wikipedia....The_Death_Match

NTTDS will be impressed with that stadium and subbuteo set. As I remember it, our old East End had an 'Embassey' cigarettes advertising hoarding above it during our old top flight days 1976-80. As for the story of the Soviet factory workers under German occupation, it must have been hell on Earth living under that German tyranny. We know that the part of Great Britain that the Germans did manage to capture and occupy during the war - the Channel Islands - were also subject to German tyranny with 4 SS run concentration camps on the island of Alderney and Channel Islanders - that resisted German tyranny - being executed or transported to concentration camps in mainland Germany.

BTW...if anyone is wondering why i collect Subbuteo Teams, check this out from last night. Scroll down a little.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=250903380434

If you've got any in your lofts, I'd gladly value it for you. You could make a few pennies for Xmas if you have some good 'ens.

Blimey! i know my dad has kept all his and my subbuteo gear in the loft. im going back round tommorrw to find any £600 teams!

p.s it does being back good memories

Glad someone read the story about FC Start. I found it really moving.

BTW... I have a Dukla Prague Away kit...it's one of my Fav's.

Glad this thread is bringing some amusement back... :cool:

011-12.jpg

Glorious. Made my night.

Umm, does your uncle own a sport shop by any chance? Did he keep it to one side for you?

Glorious. Made my night.

Umm, does your uncle own a sport shop by any chance? Did he keep it to one side for you?

:laughcont: Actually that's the ironic thing about that record. Subbuteo never actually produced a Dukla Prague away kit. I had to paint that one myself. Now i really am sounding like a geek. :laughcont:

More Subbuteo fun...

1-1.jpg

1-4.jpg

1.jpg

1-3.jpg

1-2.jpg

There are Stands from Highbury, Rangers, Villa and Fulham all in there.

All built by the great Football Stadium Architect Archie Leitch. Check him out, he was responsible for our most aesthetically pleasing Stadiums.

http://en.wikipedia....rchibald_Leitch

I have to say mate, I wasn't the greatest fan of Subbuteo, but your pics and especially the City team is well.... Perfect,

nice thread, thanks, I really enjoyed it mate

Archived