IGNORED

City Beat Robins

the frampton balti

I dont know why i find this so *******n irritating but surely we are the robins( when we play other citys we dont refer to them as city and us as bristol).

I like our nickname regardless whether other teams have it too.

I totally disagree with changing it to something more' macho' like the lions or the gorillas as once suggested by Mr Lansdown.

Leave it alone get a robin on the kit asap.

This headline is simply wrong .....ROBINS BEAT SWINDON........OK!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why i find this so *******n irritating but surely we are the robins( when we play other citys we dont refer to them as city and us as bristol).I like our nickname regardless whether other teams have it too.I totally disagree with changing it to something more' macho' like the lions or the gorillas as once suggested by Mr Lansdown.Leave it alone get a robin on the kit asap.This headline is simply wrong .....ROBINS BEAT SWINDON........OK!!!!!!!!!

:pacifier:

Don't worry mate...It's all about 'Brand' City now.

Robin... Male Robins are noted for their highly aggressive territorial behaviour. They will attack other males that stray into their territories, and have been observed attacking other small birds without apparent provocation.

As far as i'm concerned we will always be 'The Robins'...defending our Territory at Ashton Gate. :boxing:

Pretty aggressive these male robins, Ive seen em take on a blackbird and win...over an apple in the garden :laughcont: I would love to see the robins badge back, might make the players more aggressive.

Also people used to know who we are by our robin badge, but now they get confused when they look at our council badge! It's no wonder we are in such a mess :laughcont:

I dont know why i find this so *******n irritating but surely we are the robins( when we play other citys we dont refer to them as city and us as bristol).

I totally disagree with changing it to something more' macho' like the lions or the gorillas as once suggested by Mr Lansdown.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hardly the end of the world is it? Chill out!

NO.......................................One minute were surrendering our nickname to the swindons charltons and cheltenhams of this world the next were surrendering football games.........................................

This clubs identity is being worn away by passionless direction management and support................... Its time to stop the rot Whoever wrote that headline did it on purpose and has no place putting it on the official site.............................................. should be sacked along with anyone else who is obviously not a city fan yet is still involved in this club!

See what you mean, we are the Robins - ok!

Actually you are quite wrong That should be City beat The Robins...:laugh:

As Swindon Town were formed in 1879 and first nicknamed the Robins ( The Robin is still apparent on the Club badge) City didnt come along until 18 years later in 1897.:tongue:

If your going to have a rant get it right ! :laugh: :laugh:

3/10 must try harder.

Don't believe this tosh that City were formed in 1897, that was the year they changed their name to Bristol City. It was just convenient to pick 1897 as the year of our formation because in 1997 we had a new board of directors who wanted to exploit this for commercial purposes (1994 having already passed). City were formed as Bristol South End in 1894. Indeed, seeing we amalgamated in 1900 with Bedminster (who played their home games at Ashton Gate), it could be argued that our date of formation was in 1887, as that was when Southville, who later became Bedminster, were first formed.

Please don't fall for this 1897 rubbish. Manchester United class their formation date from when they first played as Small Heath. Leicester City were Leicester Fosse but don't class their formation as being from the date they became known as Leicester City which was many years later.

Archived