IGNORED

Gerry Gow

pottyun69

Gerry Gow ...L E G E N D ... How we NEED a G O W in this team now. One of the true Greats. I'll never forget his crunching tackles and his never say die attitude. And I'm sure Bobby Gould will never forget the difference of opinion he had with Mr GOW one evening ,while playing on the same side. Yes,Gerry had a nice right hook too. A true LEGEND. He's here ,he's there, he's every *****ng where. Gerry Gow,Gerry Gow.

GERRY GOW GERRY GOW ...Wouldn't a player like this powerhouse be worth millions today ???? Started following City as he came through into the 1st team was City's answer to West Ham's Billy Bonds and Leeds Utds Billy Bremner having Gerry Gow bearing down ready to win the ball was a sight to behold along with the 1st goal at Coventry in the famous 2-2 draw.Well worth a testimonial in honour of the great man ...

Hi Guys just like to say when Gerry came to yeovil it was like a breath of fresh air i got to no him very well not only as our manager but as a friend not once did he ever boast about what he had done in football. He always had time for the fans brought some very good players down from you the Richie brothers Paul Cheesely all very down to earth players must have been great to watch them in there glory Gerry Gow to me was what you call a working mans player Time for every one and always gave 110% i for sure will try to get to the game which is being arranged and to be honest i dont care who plays because if one player deserves a testimonal it is him for a very big part he played in a lot of fans lives.

Thank you, he left in Oct.1981 to Man City, so at the start of our season in the old 2nd division.

Man C realised City were desperate for cash so paid just £180,000 for Gerry. Now Man C can afford it, we ought to aske for the remainder of his true valuation.

The post about the number 4 shirt threw me. He took over the 10 shirt from Bobby Kellard. What was it about the number 10 shirt back then? Both Pele & Gow wore it.

He married a woman from Hartcliffe, who lived across the road from us. Always said hello, and a nice bloke when i was a kid. Need more people like him in football. Got us free tickets for games from time to time.

I went to the testimonial dinner and met the guy. What a bloody top bloke! Really seemed as if he didn't quite realize what a place he had for many of us that remember the era so well!!

Anyway I got two signed shirts (that are now framed) of the White we wore at Arsenal in 76. One with Gerry Gow's name and one with Donny Gillies, Clive Whitehead, The Cheese and Brian Drysdale (bloody top bloke too sat next to him and his mate) signed on it..Lucky bloody me is all I can say! Anyway for those who dont know there is a Facebook page dedicated to the man and updated by his son...It would be great to see some of the old codgers on here make their mark there!!

Also spoke to Gerry Sweeney about that goal at Charlton away on the Friday night in the run in. Gerry put us ahead but we went 2-1 down with minutes to go, the ball fell to the Sween on the edge of the area and despite an air of a possible handball (Gerry tells me no and I will definately take his word) he battered it into the top corner....It went mantal where I was absolutely bloody bananas...always remember some bloke kissing his bird like he was going to suck her face off..Great night!

CTID

I went to the testimonial dinner and met the guy. What a bloody top bloke! Really seemed as if he didn't quite realize what a place he had for many of us that remember the era so well!!

Anyway I got two signed shirts (that are now framed) of the White we wore at Arsenal in 76. One with Gerry Gow's name and one with Donny Gillies, Clive Whitehead, The Cheese and Brian Drysdale (bloody top bloke too sat next to him and his mate) signed on it..Lucky bloody me is all I can say! Anyway for those who dont know there is a Facebook page dedicated to the man and updated by his son...It would be great to see some of the old codgers on here make their mark there!!

Also spoke to Gerry Sweeney about that goal at Charlton away on the Friday night in the run in. Gerry put us ahead but we went 2-1 down with minutes to go, the ball fell to the Sween on the edge of the area and despite an air of a possible handball (Gerry tells me no and I will definately take his word) he battered it into the top corner....It went mantal where I was absolutely bloody bananas...always remember some bloke kissing his bird like he was going to suck her face off..Great night!

CTID

Facebook group link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/13371724100/

i wish i had got him to sign my city top back then!! i am sure i have some of the old city programs with a few of the lads from back then signed on the back still in my mothers loft, been a long time since i have looked tbh. Brings back happy thoughts about bcfc and football.

He married a woman from Hartcliffe, who lived across the road from us. Always said hello, and a nice bloke when i was a kid. Need more people like him in football. Got us free tickets for games from time to time.

ha ha, i am not sure now, it could of been chris garland, need to ask my family who it was :ill: i was young at the time, like 7 or so!!

Archived