IGNORED

Bcfc V Cpfc Match Thread

hinsleburg

bean_headAdam Baker

#BristolCity v #cpfc - James; Skuse, Stewart, Nyatanga, McGivern; Adomah, Kilkenny, Cisse, Elliott, Campbell-Ryce; Maynard. 4-5-1

Yay a under performing isolated Maynard, just what we need.

I take back my 2-1 prediction 3-1 Palace

bean_headAdam Baker

#BristolCity v #cpfc - James; Skuse, Stewart, Nyatanga, McGivern; Adomah, Kilkenny, Cisse, Elliott, Campbell-Ryce; Maynard. 4-5-1

That is bonkers in my view...loads of crosses Saturday (Well done Wiggles) but no striker (yes Elliott) on the end of them and we go again with one up front. I know he and Keith used to say three up front but honestly how much time do the three ever spend in the box!!!! Pitman does more than enough to justify a start up front as a two!

Oh well fingers crossed for Leicester De Je Vu :fingerscrossed:

I posted a while back that I believed Wigley was behind the 4--5-1 tactics, having watched the u21s in the summer pack the midfield and lump the ball forward. I do wonder what effect it has on Pitman and Stead when they know Maynard is not committed to the club and is playing poorly but is an automatic choice. I'm sure I would be pretty pissed off. I trust the new boss will not grovel to Maynard as Millen, Wigley and Sexstone have.:disapointed2se:

I posted a while back that I believed Wigley was behind the 4--5-1 tactics, having watched the u21s in the summer pack the midfield and lump the ball forward. I do wonder what effect it has on Pitman and Stead when they know Maynard is not committed to the club and is playing poorly but is an automatic choice. I'm sure I would be pretty pissed off. I trust the new boss will not grovel to Maynard as Millen, Wigley and Sexstone have.:disapointed2se:

Thats the joy of a new manager, whoever he may be, fresh impetus, new ideas and a new begining for each player. Surely we will see a few suprises in formation or selection on Sunday. Can't wait.

Am i the only one who thought Pitman was poor on saturday? yes he was out on the wing but he looked dis-interested and im not surprised he's been dropped. I think Maynard will also score tonight. Think it's the right decision to bring JCR back into the team

Have to diagree I'm afraid, I though Pitman looking lively and interested, just being played anywhere but where he should be...fox in the box. Bit like Cisse being played centre half by Millen...just crazy, hopefully things will change quickly now for the better.

Desperate for a win tonight irrespective of the continued suspect selections and tactics....COYR!!!!

I agree with the comments regarding Stead, Pitman, etc, and as I've said I think that the new manager will give them a chance to prove themselves.

However, although he's not exactly been prolific at the moment Maynard is known to oposing Managers and Defences and he will still have that "fear" factor.

So playing him will keep the oposing defenders occupied and enable other city players to play a free-er game.

If we've still got him, lets use him to our advantage.

Archived