IGNORED

Unity And A Clean Slate

Jordan Tansley

It now seems inevitable that Derek McInnes will be unveiled as Bristol City manager in the next few hours, So now seems like the most opportune time to make a request to all City fans.

Whatever people felt about the candidates and potential managers now is the time to back the man the board have chosen. Many were desperate for the big name and gave valid arguments for their opinions, Some wanted Robins, Some wanted Tisdale (Myself included)... All of that is now irrelevant. What matters is we must give the new manager time and support in his quest to save us from relegation and to instil his theories and ideals on this team. I hate to put a downer on any positivity at the moment but there is still a very real chance that we could be relegated this season and if that does happen I hope the fans continue to allow the manager the time to make the necessary changes at the club.

We have seen how making stupid pre-judgements can make you look very foolish, Robbored has got it so very wrong on the last two of our managers... I hope everyone else can learn from his mistakes and not make rash early judgements that cause friction on here and subsequently within the club. We have the chance for a clean slate and I don't doubt that it will take time for this turd to be polished into a diamond.

Make no mistake, we're in a bit of trouble and it would be foolish to think that we are suddenly going to become unbeatable on the arrival of Del. I just hope that should we not improve as fast as some seem to take for granted we will we may end up with a lot of disappointed and upset fans looking for a scapegoat again.

Let's just back him from the start and let him prove himself to us rather than making the judgement before a ball is kicked and sticking by that in an attempt to look clever if you are proved right!

COYR, Let's find that belief and unity and togetherness that we rode so delightfully in the early GJ days.

I wouldn't be suprised if McInnes comes in, providing he does come in, and tells the players to forget about the league table.

Things I've read suggest he is a man manager, a motivator, so I see him approaching this task with a mantra of 'show me what you can do' rather than 'We're in a relegation scrap let's try and get out of it.'

I too wanted someone other than McInnes (O'Driscoll) but am thankful that {it appears} the club have made an appointment which should galvanise the fanbase, at least to an extent.

I agree with what someone else said on another thread, even if we were now relegated we must trust the boards convictions and the promise of the man to see us bounce back. Clearly if rumours are true and Lansdown wanted Robins that might be easier said than done.

I wouldn't be suprised if McInnes comes in, providing he does come in, and tells the players to forget about the league table.

Things I've read suggest he is a man manager, a motivator, so I see him approaching this task with a mantra of 'show me what you can do' rather than 'We're in a relegation scrap let's try and get out of it.'

I too wanted someone other than McInnes (O'Driscoll) but am thankful that {it appears} the club have made an appointment which should galvanise the fanbase, at least to an extent.

I agree with what someone else said on another thread, even if we were now relegated we must trust the boards convictions and the promise of the man to see us bounce back. Clearly if rumours are true and Lansdown wanted Robins that might be easier said than done.

those rumours were the end of last week before Lansdown had even met McInnes so while he may of thought of Robins as someone he favoured its possible he changed his mind on who he prefered once he'd actually met McInnes.

I think we very patient as supporters[except for pulis]and will give him time to change things,so lets give him a big welcome and get behind the team.We are in trouble and must pull together,positive backing will do wonders for the players confidence,wether the backing is cider induced is up to the individual of course. :city:

A thread entitled "Unity"...

...and within three posts people are arguing about who the chairman wanted as manager.

Usual suspects as well; why can't you lot wind your necks in for once and agree with what is an excellent original post, rather quibbling over minor details?!

...and within three posts people are arguing about who the chairman wanted as manager.

Usual suspects as well; why can't you lot wind your necks in for once and agree with what is an excellent original post, rather quibbling over minor details?!

ummm... only you are trying to cause friction

Should have delayed until the actual announcement and ridden the wave of 'positivity' :fastasleep:

my post was pointing out there might not of been disunity between the board and that actually they all agreed McInnes was the best man for the job. so I was supporting your point about unity at board level in response to a post suggesting there might not be unity.

Unity has been non-existant on this forum since the last days of GJ. McInnes is a potential unifying figure who we can all rally behind. I have fallen so far out of love with BCFC since GJ left it's not true, but I will be back on Sunday ready to give the new boss 100% support.....

.... unless he turns out to be Mark Robbins, in which case I won't be there at all.

Should have delayed until the actual announcement and ridden the wave of 'positivity' :fastasleep:

We all know that any new manager needs time to introduce his methods and I doubt many fans are expecting much from the Birmingham game on Sunday. Avoiding defeat would be a result and hopefully the 'new manager effect' will stimulate that extra 10% from players wanting to impress. Even if City win McInnes still has a massive job on his hands and 34 remaining games in which to do it.

So......lets all put our differences aside and give the new bloke all our support.

my post was pointing out there might not of been disunity between the board and that actually they all agreed McInnes was the best man for the job. so I was supporting your point about unity at board level in response to a post suggesting there might not be unity.

I know, it just had the early stages of a slanging match all over, You can surely understand the sight of you and RR posting in the same thread is not a fun sight for many?

Anyhow, the wave of positivity is here, McInnes has signed. Now is the time to get behind him. From the top to the bottom.

Didn't think there was anything wrong with either 'SC_Red's post or 'Robbored's personally.

Both were fair points, although I only agree with 'Robbored's to an extent. While Lansdown will still hold great influence I don't think that influence would hold against overwhelming opposition.

I've put somewhere else on here that we should draw a line and look to the future. The future looks a lot more positive now than it did even a couple of days ago. We really can't afford to go through a change of manager again, emotionally or financially.

Let's really show some support, be the 12th man (or woman).

I can't emphasise how impressed I have been with the St.Johnstone fans who haven't had a bad word to say about their manager and have only wished him and us all the best. Out of respect to them let's welcome their Management team and treat them with respect also.

Great post JT.

Dont always agree with everything you say but completely agree on this one.

Unfortunately, in this day and age a manager cant come in, change the playing staff overnight due to transfer windows, and turn round results straight away, so the guy needs time to remove the dead wood and bring in his own type of players and if during that time we as fans can show complete support as the 12th man we can all say atleast we gave it our best shot.

COYR

Good shout. Already there is more optimism in the air and its not even been confirmed yet ! Our squad isn't as bad as has been stated on here recently. We have arguably 5 or 6 players who we would think could do a job for us if they were playing elsewhere. IMO Maynard, Pitman, Stead, Kilkenny, Wilson, James, have not become bad players overnight. The ability is there if the new manager can get them playing to their strengths again. We must not expect instant results, but if improvement can be made over the coming weeks, we could well be mid table by the new year and that is the time to reassess the squad and build on what is needed. I feel more confident already and for the first time this season, I'm looking forward to the next match. Lets show the new manager that we are behind him and remind OURSELVES what Ashton Gate can be like with the crowd roaring.

Great post JT.

Dont always agree with everything you say but completely agree on this one.

Unfortunately, in this day and age a manager cant come in, change the playing staff overnight due to transfer windows, and turn round results straight away, so the guy needs time to remove the dead wood and bring in his own type of players and if during that time we as fans can show complete support as the 12th man we can all say atleast we gave it our best shot.

COYR

I'd be worried if you did, :laughcont:

Good shout. Already there is more optimism in the air and its not even been confirmed yet ! Our squad isn't as bad as has been stated on here recently. We have arguably 5 or 6 players who we would think could do a job for us if they were playing elsewhere. IMO Maynard, Pitman, Stead, Kilkenny, Wilson, James, have not become bad players overnight. The ability is there if the new manager can get them playing to their strengths again. We must not expect instant results, but if improvement can be made over the coming weeks, we could well be mid table by the new year and that is the time to reassess the squad and build on what is needed. I feel more confident already and for the first time this season, I'm looking forward to the next match. Lets show the new manager that we are behind him and remind OURSELVES what Ashton Gate can be like with the crowd roaring.

I agree, but what we mustn't do is turn on him or the players should we lose to Birmingham (Currently playing in europe and holders of a cup trophy)

Now is the time for a never say die attitude from the stands and the players, it could well be that this is a tough old road to success but we must not falter in our support. not now!

Archived