IGNORED

Mr Mcinnes - One Point

bringbacktherobin

If the other team in Brum was called Birmingham Rovers then I'm sure we would be talking about Birmingham City.

The only like for like comparisons are the two Sheffield clubs & the two Manc clubs & I have never heard commentators etc referring to "Sheffield" or "Manchester"

And let's not kid ourselves that when we are referred to as "Bristol" it's because anyone thinks the Gas don't exist or are irrelevant - its plain laziness.

I don't care if others think it's not worth moaning about - winds me right up :ranting:

Exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.

You're absolutely right, just as I was starting to feel much better after his appointment, he went and made that terrible school boy error.....:disapointed2se:

Surely your next thread must now be "McInnes out...?!

:grr: :grr: :grr: ...one day we'll actually support Bristol city in the true sense of the meaning :doh:

Someones desperate for a moan this morning

How is it desperate for a moan?

You dont hear people going "manchester were great last weekend", "danny wilson is the new manager of sheffield"

It doesnt mean there is one club in bristol, rovers get called the same, its just means were still a nothing club in the eyes of many, e.g tv pundits etc.

How is it desperate for a moan?

Unbelieveably trivial thing to whinge about.

You dont hear people going "manchester were great last weekend", "danny wilson is the new manager of sheffield"

Yes you do. Very, very often.

It doesnt mean there is one club in bristol, rovers get called the same, its just means were still a nothing club in the eyes of many, e.g tv pundits etc.

Sounds like an inferiority complex, the fact that people not from Bristol not fans of the club call us Bristol rather than Bristol City sometimes means absolutely nothing about what they think of us and in any case, who cares if it did?

While watching the news yesterday, i watched a bit of the interview with you.

Can i just point out, WE ARE NOT BRISTOL.

We are bristol city, bristol play rugby. You wouldnt say nottingham, or sheffield while mentioning either club..

We are bristol city, NOT BRISTOL.

I think the point is ........we are Bristol City (FC) but Bristol City would be good enough

We will not get bent out of shape by being Bristol..... but for reasons stated....... we should make certain that us, our club and manager should refer to us as Bristol City ...... or Bristol City Football Club (FC)

Because that is what we are........Rugby is big in the area..... but in the nicest way we need to educate...... but I cannot blame the manager at this point or even over this point at this point if you get meh

The premier football club in 'Bristol' and for me the West Country...... and dudes that includes 'Dorset' ....... think catchment ..... is 'Bristol City'

I think the point is ........we are Bristol City (FC) but Bristol City would be good enough

We will not get bent out of shape by being Bristol..... but for reasons stated....... we should make certain that us, our club and manager should refer to us as Bristol City ...... or Bristol City Football Club (FC)

Because that is what we are........Rugby is big in the area..... but in the nicest way we need to educate...... but I cannot blame the manager at this point or even over this point at this point if you get meh

The premier football club in 'Bristol' and for me the West Country...... and dudes that includes 'Dorset' ....... think catchment ..... is 'Bristol City'

Blimey! Were you maybe having a little drinky when you wrote this, Dorset?

No more chants of B-b-r-r-r-i-i-s-s-s-t-t-o-o-l-l-l-l from the east end then

Exactly what I was going to post! We have called ourselves Bbrrrriiiiisssstttoooolllll many many times on a saturday afternoon. Not really right to sing it then moan when somebody calls us it!!!

Archived