IGNORED

Mr Mcinnes - One Point

bringbacktherobin

Someones desperate for a moan this morning

I agree with the OP. We are Bristol City not simply 'Bristol'.

There have been plenty of threads over the years complaining about commentators on both radio and TV referring to us as 'Bristol'.

I'm sure that in McInnes's case he's probably not realised that there is another professional football club in Bristol. No doubt Adam Baker will point that out next time he interviews Delboy and that some fans are sensitive about it.

There have been plenty of threads over the years complaining about commentators on both radio and TV referring to us as 'Bristol'.

I'm sure that in McInnes's case he's probably not realised that there is another professional football club in Bristol. No doubt Adam Baker will point that out next time he interviews Delboy and that some fans are sensitive about it.

Is there?! Are you sure? I'm not sure who you're referring to. If you mean Mangotsfield United, technically they're in South Glos, rather than Bristol and besides they're not professional anyway.

I suppose they are our closest rivals when it comes to that level of 'professionalism', though...

While watching the news yesterday, i watched a bit of the interview with you.

Can i just point out, WE ARE NOT BRISTOL.

We are bristol city, bristol play rugby. You wouldnt say nottingham, or sheffield while mentioning either club..

We are bristol city, NOT BRISTOL.

This is pathetic I don't care whether we're calling City, Bristol or Bristol City

We are talking about playing Birmingham on Sunday, I think they have a City in the name!

Exactly and there are other teams with City in their name, or called Robins. Its not an issue, surely .

Growing up in the 1940's and 50's, it was the Robins or the Rovers, I never heard the word Gas in those times.

The team wearing red in Bristol are my team, I know who they are and anyone else can suit themselves......... being polite .

Is there?! Are you sure? I'm not sure who you're referring to. If you mean Mangotsfield United, technically they're in South Glos, rather than Bristol and besides they're not professional anyway.

I suppose they are our closest rivals when it comes to that level of 'professionalism', though...

clearly means Bristol Manor Farm

We are talking about playing Birmingham on Sunday, I think they have a City in the name!

If the other team in Brum was called Birmingham Rovers then I'm sure we would be talking about Birmingham City.

The only like for like comparisons are the two Sheffield clubs & the two Manc clubs & I have never heard commentators etc referring to "Sheffield" or "Manchester"

And let's not kid ourselves that when we are referred to as "Bristol" it's because anyone thinks the Gas don't exist or are irrelevant - its plain laziness.

I don't care if others think it's not worth moaning about - winds me right up :ranting:

If this is the case, shouldn't you be calling the manager by his full name Derek McInnes and not simply Delboy?

And furthermore, should us suppoters refrain from refering to our beloved club as "City"?

I personally think "Bristol" has got a certain ring to it, and it must make the blueboys feel unloved and irrelevant!

Apart from the fact that the blue few are often referred to as "Bristol" as well.

This is true Sir Colby-Tit, but as we sit a full division and more (just) above them, I can accept it, after all, every dog (even blue) will have their day....

Archived