IGNORED

Southampton After Maynard

Belfastcityfan

get what they can and ship him out its obvious he has no interest in playing for the city with his performances!!!

Cue a Maynard 'special' vs Brum... another wonder goal is long overdue! (cant live forever on reputation & past glories - NM where are ya?)

PS.. having said that... I hope Pitman starts on Sunday ... He's our future!!

At the age of 22 you cant have racked up many years of 'loyal service' !!

Dont see how you can question Maynard's when you have obviously given up. At least he's been to all the games this season :whistle2:

I was under the impression thats what Maynard gets paid for!!!!

Anyway i hope a struggling Prem club comes in for him in Jan and takes him off our hands. The last thing we need in our position is someone hanging around doing the bare minimum waiting for a free transfer with a tasty signing on fee in the summer!!

In fairness to Maynard, James, Spence, Elliott, Stead, JCR, Skuse and even Albert have been at best subdued, at worst poor this season. It's blatantly obvious that the lone frontman role is not Nicky's forte and he himself has said that he believes that he plays best off a targetman such as Stead or Taylor. City's tactics, formations, lack of confidence and form this season are not down to Nicky Maynard. I don't blame the lad for keeping his options open. Why would a player of his undoubted talent and potential tie himself to a club for another 3-4 years that has been in freefall for the much of the last 2 years?

I actually believe that there is much more chance of Maynard signing a new contract now that Millen is gone. If McInnes keeps us up and I am confident he will, then the next few seasons here may be a lot more exciting and rewarding than the last two have been. I still think Maynard can get 15-20 goals this season, and i hope he gets them with City.

Archived