IGNORED

Southampton After Maynard

Belfastcityfan

Tough one to call. If Maynard wont go to another championship club then we need a prem club to come in for him in January otherwise he will walk for free.

Judging by the reaction from the board in the summer with CS clearly stating that we will not sell to a rival club suggests that they do have a part to blame for why he is still at the club. Hopefully Maynard will see sense after the Transfer Window shuts and (assuming he is still here) signs a contract extension.

IMO if he walks on a free in the summer he wont be picked up by a Premier League club unless he passes the 20 goal mark this season.

Anything over a million would be worth taking right now. Useful player when things are going right, but the last 10 odd games or so he's been ineffective. I honestly believe Clarkson, Stead or Taylor would have been more use lately.

From what i hear Taylor seems to be a useful signing, but i cant see him being on the team sheet because of the likes of Pitman, Maynard and Stead. I expect Clarkson will be on the bench or on the pitch soon, Del boy will know a lot about him from when he played in the SPL

Take what money at the end of the season? he will leave for nothing

He take the money at the end of the season.

Why would you as nicky Maynard leave now? If i were in his position i would sit tight and take the money that would have otherwise gone to BCFC as a transfer fee as a signing on fee as a free agent at the end of the season.

He will be going nowhere, we have a new manager and why would he sell his best player when there is no need too?

He hasnt signed a new contract, has shown no intention of wanting to sign a new contract, has not made any positive statements about wanting to stay. He wants to play in the premier league, we are bottom they are top, if this is true i can see this happening, and like a previous poster if we can squeeze anything near 2m that would be a result.

I love the way people are being so negative about the player who we all worshipped when he was playing well. Has anyone stopped to think it's hard to be fired up and reaching your peak when you're bottom of the league and you've lost faith in the manager?

McInnes is in now and if Maynard sees promise in him then who is to say he won't sign a new contract? I wouldn't blame him if he hung on until the end of the season, he'll have played out his contract and we should respect that, especially since he's not complained once. That lad has amazing technique and ability and I honestly think he can play in the Premier League so can you blame him if he does want out?

The bottom line is that if he walks it'll be our fault for not selling him when we had the chance, he'll have served his contract as he's paid to and if we can't give him a reason to stay or to move to another club for a reasonable fee then who can blame him. I doubt very much he'd screw this club over for the reason of screwing this club over, he'll leave a free agent because it'll open up more doors to him when a club can get him on a free and this could help him secure a move into the top flight.

On another note it's not solely his fault that he's not been firing like last season, you watch his goals and a lot of them are solo efforts, he's not really received great supply and this season it's been worse than ever. He'll only be as good as the players supplying him and let's face it, they're not doing their job so far this season either.

I personally will be gutted to see him go if he does but he's now got a bit of time to stop thinking about moving club and to concentrate on impressing the new boss who could turn his season around if he gets the best out of the players.

If we can get a couple million then take it but we have to add clauses, if southampton get promoted,scores x amount of goals. international caps(u never know) etc

Definatly. Get rid, stick a few clauses in there to make sure the club don't get short changed a-la Andy Cole etc etc. Let Pitman do the business (on the pitch that is, not the transfer dealing..... :laughcont: )

I thought we tried to ship him out and accepted the £6mil bid from leicester but he refused to go to a championship club?

I don't think the board can be blamed for this one.

We didnt accept any offers, we should of though as I said at the time this will come back to haunt us. He was never going to sign a contract yet our gulliable board believed he would Laughable!

I love the way people are being so negative about the player who we all worshipped when he was playing well. Has anyone stopped to think it's hard to be fired up and reaching your peak when you're bottom of the league and you've lost faith in the manager?

McInnes is in now and if Maynard sees promise in him then who is to say he won't sign a new contract? I wouldn't blame him if he hung on until the end of the season, he'll have played out his contract and we should respect that, especially since he's not complained once. That lad has amazing technique and ability and I honestly think he can play in the Premier League so can you blame him if he does want out?

The bottom line is that if he walks it'll be our fault for not selling him when we had the chance, he'll have served his contract as he's paid to and if we can't give him a reason to stay or to move to another club for a reasonable fee then who can blame him. I doubt very much he'd screw this club over for the reason of screwing this club over, he'll leave a free agent because it'll open up more doors to him when a club can get him on a free and this could help him secure a move into the top flight.

On another note it's not solely his fault that he's not been firing like last season, you watch his goals and a lot of them are solo efforts, he's not really received great supply and this season it's been worse than ever. He'll only be as good as the players supplying him and let's face it, they're not doing their job so far this season either.

I personally will be gutted to see him go if he does but he's now got a bit of time to stop thinking about moving club and to concentrate on impressing the new boss who could turn his season around if he gets the best out of the players.

Spot on analysis. Particularly the highlighted bits

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Maynard will come good and a new manager just might be the impetus he needs.

According to the Sun today. Planning a cut price raid. Should have got rid of him when we had the chance! Another cock up from the board?

We didnt accept any offers, we should of though as I said at the time this will come back to haunt us. He was never going to sign a contract yet our gulliable board believed he would Laughable!

How many times do the same people need to be told the same things before they get it through their heads.

FIRSTLY - LANSDOWN directly rejected the bid, not the board...Lansdownm (Sexstone publically confirmed this)

SECONDLY - Maynard didn't want to join Leicester - so there was NO POINT in the Lansdown accepting an offer for a player that didn't want to leave. (Sven publically confirmed this)

Maynard is seeing out his contract and waiting for his bosman deal, doesn't matter if a club offer us £20m for him, if Maynard doesn't want to join them it's pointless accepting an offer.

As for Southampton, they can bid as much as they want, unless Maynard wants to join them it's pointless. Personally I hope he goes in January don't care where.

I suspect that under McInnes, if he's not dedicated to the club, he'll made to feel so uncomfortable, that he'll be begging to get out of City.

The bottom line is that if he walks it'll be our fault for not selling him when we had the chance

As has been said above we didn't accept offers from Leicester etc. because Maynard made it clear he didn't want to go there. It was never about us not selling to a championship club... it was about him not wanting to go to one.

The idea that we'd turn down offers of £6m+ for a player is crazy in itself, let alone a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Archived