IGNORED

Southampton After Maynard

Belfastcityfan

The major point now is Maynard is not making the decisions.

He has a partner with their brand new child in tow, that is huge, absolutely a huge change in his/ their decision making.

Maynards partner could be calling the shots, she has great leverage being the mother of his child.

His partner and her family can see a couple of million pounds signing on fee next season, he Will be influenced !

Plenty of single posters without the partner/child experience, don't get it, but partners/children and the money a player can earn for them are a big part in the decision making.

How many times do the same people need to be told the same things before they get it through their heads.

FIRSTLY - LANSDOWN directly rejected the bid, not the board...Lansdownm (Sexstone publically confirmed this)

SECONDLY - Maynard didn't want to join Leicester - so there was NO POINT in the Lansdown accepting an offer for a player that didn't want to leave. (Sven publically confirmed this)

Maynard is seeing out his contract and waiting for his bosman deal, doesn't matter if a club offer us £20m for him, if Maynard doesn't want to join them it's pointless accepting an offer.

As for Southampton, they can bid as much as they want, unless Maynard wants to join them it's pointless. Personally I hope he goes in January don't care where.

I suspect that under McInnes, if he's not dedicated to the club, he'll made to feel so uncomfortable, that he'll be begging to get out of City.

yes I'm sure Del won't stand for any nonsense

The thing is southampton or leicester are not championship rivals!!! They are up the top we are bottom. No rivalry there!! In fact if maynard was to leave and score goals for his new team it could strangely help us, by him scoring against teams down the bottom with us!! I hope a new manager, improved results and renewed optimism might just persuade him to sign something, if even only a new two year deal.

How many times do the same people need to be told the same things before they get it through their heads.

FIRSTLY - LANSDOWN directly rejected the bid, not the board...Lansdownm (Sexstone publically confirmed this)

SECONDLY - Maynard didn't want to join Leicester - so there was NO POINT in the Lansdown accepting an offer for a player that didn't want to leave. (Sven publically confirmed this)

Maynard is seeing out his contract and waiting for his bosman deal, doesn't matter if a club offer us £20m for him, if Maynard doesn't want to join them it's pointless accepting an offer.

As for Southampton, they can bid as much as they want, unless Maynard wants to join them it's pointless. Personally I hope he goes in January don't care where.

I suspect that under McInnes, if he's not dedicated to the club, he'll made to feel so uncomfortable, that he'll be begging to get out of City.

This.

It really is quite incredible that people on here STILL don't understand the situation!

Effectively there never was a bid from Leicester because maynard never wanted to go there - End of.

We had no bid from any other club.

I can see why him waiting for a bosman at the end of the season is attractive (and quite within his rights to do so) my only concern on his part would be that another serious injury late in the season will leave him unemployed, with a new baby. Now i know he has made a lovely living for the past few years, but people live to their means and suddenly being unemployed with a potential career threatening injury would have him deep in the brown stuff!

A few months ago I would've been saying keep him at all costs.

My views on Nicky Maynard have changed somewhat since then.

So if the Saints or anyone else comes marching in for him (& NM agrees to go)

I say ......

IF AN OFFER COMES IN THAT'S TEMPTING

WITH CLAUSES ADDED PROTECTING

WE'VE NO NEED TO REPLACE HIM YOU KNOW

LET HIM GO!... LET HIM GO!... LET HIM GO!!!

:city:

As has been said above we didn't accept offers from Leicester etc. because Maynard made it clear he didn't want to go there. It was never about us not selling to a championship club... it was about him not wanting to go to one.

The idea that we'd turn down offers of £6m+ for a player is crazy in itself, let alone a player who is out of contract at the end of the season.

That's one bid, I doubt very much that we've not been approached numerous times about him and probably said "we won't sell unless the offer is right".

It still doesn't change the fact he's been here a long time and if we wanted to ensure profit we could have sold him a long time a go, we didn't try to, we kept him and played the risk that he may sign, if he doesn't then at least he'll see out his contract.

It will suck if we lose such a quality player for free but if happens in this division, look at Bothroyd, now playing in the Prem after leaving Cardiff...

As I said before, if we wanted to have sold before now then we'd not be in this situation and so if it happens it happens but I still don't see how people can turn on someone who has given us over 3 years of his career and despite getting off to a slow start has scored 1 in every 4 matches which is not bad for a lad who came from a lower league of football.

That's one bid, I doubt very much that we've not been approached numerous times about him and probably said "we won't sell unless the offer is right".

It still doesn't change the fact he's been here a long time and if we wanted to ensure profit we could have sold him a long time a go, we didn't try to, we kept him and played the risk that he may sign, if he doesn't then at least he'll see out his contract.

It will suck if we lose such a quality player for free but if happens in this division, look at Bothroyd, now playing in the Prem after leaving Cardiff...

As I said before, if we wanted to have sold before now then we'd not be in this situation and so if it happens it happens but I still don't see how people can turn on someone who has given us over 3 years of his career and despite getting off to a slow start has scored 1 in every 4 matches which is not bad for a lad who came from a lower league of football.

I think what does annoy most fans is that the club stood by him when he was injuryed (rumour true of not by going on a Skiing holiday). And the fact that he may go for nothing!

Maynard can fo0k off in my opinion. Greedy little **** who has shown us no loyalty. Will walk for nothing in the summer and as people have said take a big signing on fee.

Hope his career goes down the pan after us the mercenary northen *****k.

Are you not the guy who said earlier that Sunday will be you first game for over a year ?

Been loyal to this club for years pal, i dont need some smart ass like yourself on a forum to question that. Thanks for you concern though :yes:

At the age of 22 you cant have racked up many years of 'loyal service' !!

Dont see how you can question Maynard's when you have obviously given up. At least he's been to all the games this season :whistle2:

At the age of 22 you cant have racked up many years of 'loyal service' !!

Dont see how you can question Maynard's when you have obviously given up. At least he's been to all the games this season :whistle2:

Ha, really not in the mood for kn0b head's like yourself today pal.

See if you can wind sombody else up on here cus im off down the pub!

Archived