IGNORED

Proud

Esmond Million's Bung

Recently at my young grand daughter's school they had a sports day where the kids were asked to wear football shirts. My grand daughter was the only kid in the school to be wearing either a BCFC shirt. They were all wearing the usual Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, etc. The good news was the guest of honour was JCR and he immediately spotted my grand daughter and made a real fuss of her, he asked her if she was a BCFC supporter and she said "yes I am and so is my daddy and Papa". He told her that is was very happy that she wasn't like all of the other kids a supporting a non local team. I must say she was very excited by the attention and couldn't wait for her daddy to come home, but what a pity that we can't encourage many of the other kids to do the same, with a new stadium in the offing a lot of hard work needs to be done methinks.

PS-The really good news there were no gas shirts either.

This is my pet hate.

Sitting on Natch Hill saturday, not far from Ths BS3, two massive cheers from the patrons as the goals went in from Anfield. What's that all about.. I wonder if the pubs around Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield reverberate to the sound of these pathetic shouts.

You have to blame the parents.

There was a thread on here a while back, titled 'second teams' or something of the like.

Second teams, WTF is all that about. Why do people feel the need to whore themselves to teams they have no affiliation just to have some sort of well being.

I'm in the midst of a raging battle with my two six year old boys who try to tell me they're Chelsea fans..................... they're not, they're City, now and for life, they just haven't fully understood yet.

You don't chose your football team, you're born to it.

CTID........................:city: .

This is my pet hate.

Sitting on Natch Hill saturday, not far from Ths BS3, two massive cheers from the patrons as the goals went in from Anfield. What's that all about.. I wonder if the pubs around Newcastle, Leeds and Sheffield reverberate to the sound of these pathetic shouts.

There was a thread on here a while back, titled 'second teams' or something of the like.

Second teams, WTF is all that about. Why do people feel the need to whore themselves to teams they have no affiliation just to have some sort of well being.

I'm in the midst of a raging battle with my two six year old boys who try to tell me they're Chelsea fans..................... they're not, they're City, now and for life, they just haven't fully understood yet.

totally agree.......

This is my pet hate.

I have a second team. Everton.

The reason? My Grandma supported them and she died in early May 1984, about two weeks before they won the F.A Cup, which was the start of the great Everton team of the Eighties. She missed out on that by that short amount of time. So yes, they are my second team.

That alright with you? :igiveup:

With regard to the OP, JCR gets a lot of stick on this forum, but fair play to him. If certain other members of the first team squad showed the same sort of commitment to City and Bristol football in general, then just maybe we wouldn't be bottom of the table.

This is my pet hate.

I watched the Liverpool vs. United game last week in the Dolman Exhibition Hall before our game. Was SHOCKED by the cheers as the goals went in! Well over 75% of those watching the game appeared to support one of the teams, whilst at a BCFC game!

Ignorant mugs

Recently at my young grand daughter's school they had a sports day where the kids were asked to wear football shirts. My grand daughter was the only kid in the school to be wearing either a BCFC shirt. They were all wearing the usual Manu, Chelsea, Arsenal etc, etc. The good news was the guest of honour was JCR and he immediately spotted my grand daughter and made a real fuss of her, he asked her if she was a BCFC supporter and she said "yes I am and so is my daddy and Papa". He told her that is was very happy that she wasn't like all of the other kids a supporting a non local team. I must say she was very excited by the attention and couldn't wait for her daddy to come home, but what a pity that we can't encourage many of the other kids to do the same, with a new stadium in the offing a lot of hard work needs to be done methinks.

PS-The really good news there were no gas shirts either.

My Lads have worn the shirts in Dorset for some time........ I tell them it's good to be different...... they will have to be strong.

Proud that they were both there (East Enders for the day ) when we last got promoted

Following on from a BCFC tradition that goes back many years to my Father (in his 80's) plus Grandfather & Grandmother now obviously both departed

Mind you I've watched City from every stand ............ but more Williams...stand in recent years :)

Wear the shirt be proud of BFCF...... tell it to the players ..... it is so important to us fans!

I must admit this too bugs me soo much, my nephew is a keen gunners fan, my brother in law man city - umm yer lads where were you born - Bristol - nuff said ! :badmood:

I tried in vein for several years to get my nephew onboard the city ship. Offered to take him down the gate, the few times we were on telly he would watch. Walks around with a liverpool shirt on his back now and his room is fully decked out in liverpool clobber.

My uncle tried so hard to get his littl'un into west ham( his local team ). Painted his room in the colors and everything. Bought him fifa 10 and now hes a Chelsea 'fan'.

Amazing what those 5 stars under the clubs name can do to a 7 year olds brains.

I watched the Liverpool vs. United game last week in the Dolman Exhibition Hall before our game. Was SHOCKED by the cheers as the goals went in! Well over 75% of those watching the game appeared to support one of the teams, whilst at a BCFC game!

Ignorant mugs

Maybe not so much cheering on a team but more hating the other one. Many people hate Man U.

I remember a pub full of people down town in the 1978 World Cup going mad when Peru beat Scotland. I'll bet not one was a Peru fan.

I can kind of understand supporting another team (or having a second team) if your family is traditionally from another place. But, I just can't fathom how people claim to 'support' a team that they have just adopted.

Of course teams can catch your imagination, or inspire you but you cannot feel the same way as we all do about City, for a team that you just decide on one day.

I was born into a family of City fans, but my first game wasn't til 96, when I was nearly 10. Before then I 'supported' whoever was top of the league. (First United, then Newcastle) But as soon as I went to that first game, that was it.

I've lived in Bournemouth and Southampton since, and been to a couple of their games as a neutral and it doesn't come close to Ashton Gate, even at it's most silent.

My kids may not be born in Bristol, but they will sure as hell be City fans! Even if that is tantamount to child cruelty at certain points!

Ignorant mugs

I cheered when Liverpool scored because I HATE man u, I would have cheered no matter who had scored against them and I think most of the people who cheered were because they hate man u and because of the very fact the OP has mentioned. There were loads of Bristolian Man u fans in the Dolman hall and it was a dig at them as much as anything else.

Maybe not so much cheering on a team but more hating the other one. Many people hate Man U.

I remember a pub full of people down town in the 1978 World Cup going mad when Peru beat Scotland. I'll bet not one was a Peru fan.

But there was large amounts of cheering when both teams scored

This is my pet hate.

I wouldn't worry too much I think it's an age thing, when I was that age and going to football training I was the only one in a Bristol City shirt. My dad was a mad City fan and used to take me quite often and it was arou the time of our last spell in the 2nd tier where we didn't do very well. I remember actually getting quite angry and refusing to go to watch City.

I soon grew out of it and the funny thing is due to my late grandfathers connections with Chippenham Town we ended up going there occasionally. My dad now goes home and away every week with Chippenham and actually has lost a bit interest in City, whereas as soon as I turned 18 an could drive, I bought a City ST and absolutely live and breathe City.

I do Enjoy watching the Premier League games with my mates who all support arsenal, man u, Chelsea etc but I just wind them up. Especially hate when their teams on the TV and they don't realise... If City were on the TV I'd never miss it

Ignorant mugs

Some might say it is ironic that this is the most ignorant post on this thread.

How is it? Why are people cheering man utd or Liverpool?? IN BRISTOL?

To call people "Ignorant mugs" for cheering a goal is for want of another word... Ignorant.

There are myriad reasons why people might cheer a goal in such an important game in the English football calendar.

In my case, I am a Liverpool fan because my family are from Liverpool. My dad moved down here when he was a kid and adopted BCFC as his side, I still got brought up watching the video's of Rush, Dalglish, Souness, Hansen and co. I still idolised Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen growing up... In a straight contest City are and always will be my team but I have a fully justifiable reason to cheer a goal scored againt ******* Man U without being called ignorant.

Add to that hatred of either Wanc or L'pool fans from non-supporters cheering in a gloating manner, rivalries between friends (My man U supporting friends make it all the more sweeter when they lose) and any number of personal affiliations or reasons.

These people were in the DEH apparently. Clearly they are paying BCFC fans, so to call them ignorant and question their support when so few of our "supporters" show up anymore is laughable at best.

My boy wears his city shirt to football training every week and is the only one. I tell him not to worry about the other teams because at least he gets to watch city live not just on the tv like the others.

My son 27 now lives in australia and every sunday there is a local ex pats footie match on the beach, every one wears there teams shirt so i make sure his only birthday present from me every year is a brand new BRISTOL CITY shirt with our name on which he proudly wears for us.. getting emotional now must go

I used to wear my City shirt to school in Watford when I was a kid. It didn't help that it was the season they beat us to the Div 2 championship. Now I'm wearing it around Manchester. Some idiot in uni asked me which year Man U shirt it was....

I've seen a gas head walking round my uni and gave him a rendition of "he's only a poor little gas head" in front over everyone in the lobby.

Fine to have a second team when you are a little kid but to still be doing it as an adult

suggests that you have a life that is seriously lacking in personal achievement.

It's glory hunting pure and simple - nobody ever supports a crap second team do they? If I met someone who said 'I support City and St Johnstone' fair play after recent events, but 'I support City and Man Utd' - sorry but no. You are kidding nobody!

Archived