IGNORED

Conspicuous By Their Absence(S)

chipdawg

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2494963,00.html

I note there were a number of reserve team 'stalwarts' missing from the line up against Exeter; perhaps an indication that Del & Doc are open to sweeping changes on Saturday at Barnsley? What price Hunt, Bolasie and Taylor starting?! I'd certainly like to see Bolasie given a go on one of the wings, he's scored fairly regularly for the reserves so far this season. Hunt.... well i was at Leeds so i know how bad he can be, but surely no player does that twice in their career?!

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2494963,00.html

I note there were a number of reserve team 'stalwarts' missing from the line up against Exeter; perhaps an indication that Del & Doc are open to sweeping changes on Saturday at Barnsley? What price Hunt, Bolasie and Taylor starting?! I'd certainly like to see Bolasie given a go on one of the wings, he's scored fairly regularly for the reserves so far this season. Hunt.... well i was at Leeds so i know how bad he can be, but surely no player does that twice in their career?!

Yes Hunt played well for us the last time he was in Yorkshire!

Hunt would be too big a risk imo.

I can't see him, Taylor or Bolasie starting having not being in the squad on Sunday. Bench maybe.

whats to say hunt gets given a fresh chance by del say 5 games to see if his confidence is back could be a reminder of the issue with steve jones.you dont play 150 odd games in prem if youre no good.give the bloke a go i say specially not much more to lose at moment and make him earn his money you never know could turn out to be a masterstroke

I think all you can deduce from the side that went to Exeter is that Ribeiro isn't in first team contention.

The rest of that side was largely first and second year pros who haven't really ever been near the first team anyway (Ball, Lennox, Amadi-Holloway, etc).

Even with Carey and McAllister injured that still leaves him around 22 to choose from.

We'll only know whether Hunt will get a second chance or Taylor will get a go when the starting XI line up on Saturday, my guess would be in both cases that they won't and that as the paper says today he'll go with experience but what do I know?

I imagine it will be pretty similar to Brum game.

James

Skuse

Fontaine

Stewart

McGivern

Adomah

Elliott

Kilkenny

JCR/Loanee

Maynard

Stead

Gerken

Spence

Cisse

Taylor

Pitman

After Saturday you still think he will be there? Got a feeling it might be Pitman and Stead upfront sat. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cisse start with Elliot in the middle and kilkenny/new face on the left!

Experience?? 150 games in the Prem is experience - Don't be surprised if Hunt is at least on the bench.

This is speculation on my part - i don't know anything about team selection..

hunt wont make the bench. not now theres only 4 outfield players to choose from.

you chose a bench to assure against potential injuries or to change the game.

he can only play right back and a right back aint gonna change a game so placing him on the bench would only be to cover a potential injury to the starting right back.

its pretty carp now you can only have 5 on the bench. depending on starting line up you would expect to see 1 keeper, 1 defender, 1 central mid and 2 strikers or 1 winger and a striker.

Dont really want hunt as our covering defender.

James

Skuse

Fontaine

Stewart

McGivern

Adomah

Elliott

Kilkenny

JCR/Loanee

Maynard

Stead

Gerken

Spence

Cisse

Taylor

Pitman

Yeah, that worked really well on Sunday, didn't it? :facepalm:

Hopefully, Del will have the nouse to drop JCR and the courage to rest Maynard. Have I missed a reason suggesting that Nyatanga isn't available?

Yeah, that worked really well on Sunday, didn't it? :facepalm:

Hopefully, Del will have the nouse to drop JCR and the courage to rest Maynard. Have I missed a reason suggesting that Nyatanga isn't available?

they were not a million miles away sunday remember they were playing against prem team on paper and a prem team in europe to boot, they didn't out class us like swansea did but they did show us prem quility in possession,

No disrepct to Barnsley but I don't think they are even half as good on paper as birmingham are, should be a tough but closer game,

I think it will be a massive error of judgement if DM picks anything like a team that resembles the starting line up V Brum. We know it's poor and unable to get results, so it's time for mass changes and a fresh start.

Its a tough call. Does he stick with the players who huffed and puffed against Brum but ultimately lost the game or opt to make changes and bring players like Bolasie, Taylor and Hunt?

Personally I reckon it will be the tactics and formation that get the biggest overhaul rather than the players.

James

Skuse

Fontaine

Stewart

McGivern

Adomah

Elliott

Kilkenny

JCR/Loanee

Maynard

Stead

Gerken

Spence

Cisse

Taylor

Pitman

Im predicting big changes that team feels me with no confidence what so ever. He has seen the team play trained with them for 2 weeks Changes PLEASE

Its a tough call. Does he stick with the players who huffed and puffed against Brum but ultimately lost the game or opt to make changes and bring players like Bolasie, Taylor and Hunt?

Personally I reckon it will be the tactics and formation that get the biggest overhaul rather than the players.

spot on, we know the players can do it we've seen them under johnson do it (about half) and at times under millen

Surely he's going to drop Jamo and give Gerken another chance? Poor old Jamo's performances seem to get worse every week.

Two point blank world class instinct saves from James on Sunday kept us in the game (one in each half). He had no chance with either goal. I think he'd have a right to be miffed to be dropped for Saturday. He's not perfect but then who is? Not Gerkin judging by his performance in Blackpool!

Interesting. You are coming round to my view that our players aren't THAT bad... and it's poor tactics and poor organisation that has ot us to where we are today?

Of course the manager wants to bring in a player or 2, on loan - was always going to have to with the clearly unbalanced squad we have.

The fact is for atleast 4 years he was a regular starter in a premier league Bolton side. This 10 years rubbish paints a completely inaccurate picture of his time at Bolton.

Partly because in his last two seasons there he made no appearances for Bolton at all.

The fact is Bolton fans couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Birmingham and Derby fans didn't rate him when he was on loan.

Every appearance for City has been dreadful culminating in that absolutely shocking performance at Leeds.

Fairly conclusive evidence that if he ever was any good then he hasn't been for a long time, and certainly not just while with BCFC.

Horrendous signing.

Partly because in his last two seasons there he made no appearances for Bolton at all.

Every appearance for City has been dreadful culminating in that absolutely shocking performance at Leeds.

Fairly conclusive evidence that if he ever was any good then he hasn't been for a long time, and certainly not just while with BCFC.

Horrendous signing.

He was in the football league team of the week for his performance against S****horpe.....

Horrendous signing.

This is the problem when people talk about a new era, a fresh start, it's simply not plausible.

Hunt could come in tomorrow and play brilliantly only for folk to say, in it's essence quite rightly if applied across the board, 'it's only one game.' He could come in and play poorly and he'll be written off entirely.

Fresh starts and clean slates are simply not feesible. Football fans have strong opinions and, once set, are difficult to budge.

I'm sure I read somewhere that City have the second worst goal difference in the top four leagues, yet if Hunt plays tomorrow and we lose 3-0 it will, in many people's eyes, be because of him.

Personally, if he's match fit and mentally ready, absolutely get him in and let's get behind him and the rest of them. Exactly where that would leave Spence is a different conversation.

Versus Reading we conceded three goals in 20 minutes. Five in total, three in ten (?) at Blackpool, we need a solid, strong, competitive base. For me currently that means Stewart, for all his limitations, offers presence in the middle, Fontaine alongside him with McAllister (when fit) at left back. James in goal, Cisse sat infront of them and, IF McInnes thinks he's the best option that's good enough for me, Hunt at right back.

As a quick aside I felt Skuse was pretty tidy back there vs Brum.

Archived