IGNORED

Barnsley V City Match Thread

DaveF

How is anyone a hypocrite when all people have done is opined that on current form Maynard didn't deserve to play? He now has scored his first goal in 11 games and I'm delighted he has, but that doesn't make the earlier assertion wrong.

Now he's off the mark, some confidence should come back to him and I'd start him on Tuesday as well. Maybe with the confidence coming back he wont miss two sitters like he did earlier in this game.

COYR!

The issue is not with people who thought he should have been dropped - I was one of them and was wrong - but with those people on here today slurring his character by indicating that the only reason he stayed at the club this summer was to gain more money next year and that he has no interest in playing for the club. That is why so many, including myself, find it rather ironic that after those ridiculous criticisms of a model professional he pops up and scores the winner

The issue is not with people who thought he should have been dropped - I was one of them and was wrong - but with those people on here today slurring his character by indicating that the only reason he stayed at the club this summer was to gain more money next year and that he has no interest in playing for the club. That is why so many, including myself, find it rather ironic that after those ridiculous criticisms of a model professional he pops up and scores the winner

It's not a slur on his character to suggest he's trying to make as much money from his career as possible, it's ludicrous to think a guy from Cheshire would throw potentially millions to continue playing for BCFC. If you want semantics it's smart business or he's a money grubbing so and so. Doesn't change what he's doing. Sitting out his contract, trying to get the best offer for himself and his family. It's just the nonsensical feelings we have towards BCFC demanding that non fans (players) have the same loyalty to the club we do. If you demand a transfer you tend to lose money, if you get sold when you have a contract, your money would get most likely taken out by the fee. It doesn't mean he's being unprofessional or evil or anything.

It's not a slur on his character to suggest he's trying to make as much money from his career as possible, it's ludicrous to think a guy from Cheshire would throw potentially millions to continue playing for BCFC. If you want semantics it's smart business or he's a money grubbing so and so. Doesn't change what he's doing. Sitting out his contract, trying to get the best offer for himself and his family. It's just the nonsensical feelings we have towards BCFC demanding that non fans (players) have the same loyalty to the club we do. If you demand a transfer you tend to lose money, if you get sold when you have a contract, your money would get most likely taken out by the fee. It doesn't mean he's being unprofessional or evil or anything.

To indicate that he stayed for the money is more often than not interpreted as a negative, so those making accusations are surely well aware of the connotations of saying that he stayed for the money, which I don't believe he did anyway.

It was your contention that he didn't put in a transfer request so he would get a bigger cut of his fee. I find it humorous that after you make a slur against his character he comes up with the winner.

WTF are you talking about. When a player is transferred he is if hasn't requested a transfer he is I think it's 10% of the subsequent fee, if he requests a transfer he not entitled to any cut of the fee, I suggested that he hasn't requested a transfer to protect his 10% of the fee, that is sound business sense, so feel free to explain HTF that is a slur?.

He doesn't deserve the sort of shit you and others have been spitting out.

Fkin hypocrites.

What a complete distortion of the truth. I saw one disparaging remark. The truth is most of us see the bigger picture and fear for the future.

I could'nt be happier that he has played so well today, he is so important to us. However the Maynard question is very important to this club. Nobody appears to know what his intentions are but informed opinion seems to be he on his bike at the end of the season, I am hoping that he is being more pragmatic and biding his time keeping his options open and waiting to see how our season develops and plans for the future, especially with a new man in charge.

But we also have to be minded of is if Maynard does go then Pitman will almost certainly be his natural replacement and needs to feel wanted/needed. The decision to play Maynard today has been fully vindicated, but after 5 defeats on the bounce and 10 games without a goal, in which time Pitman has scored 2 having started less than half of the games that Maynard has, is hardly a good way to ensure that Pitman is happy, if it was Taylor I could understand it more. Replacing one great striker is going to be difficult replacing another 12 months on will be a tall order and I think it is a problem that will need addressing sooner rather than later.

Archived