IGNORED

Coppell, New Pompey Manager?

Carey 6

A reminder...A Massive cover up, and as implied Km was installed immediatley to stop any sceptism. It worked a treat as everyone started to focus on him and DJ rather than SC. A very clever move by SL.

All i know is, i would rather have had SC here over the past season than DJ. Perhaps SL should have kept his thoughts to himself...And let SC get on with the job in hand.

http://www.dailymail...avid-James.html

http://www.dailymail...t-112-days.html

If you think Coppell quit because of the signing of David James, you really are more desperate than I thought :laughcont:

Especially when you consider that Coppell made the initial contact with James

Unbelievable... Why do you think SL chased him so hard in the first place? Because of what he had achieved at Palace and Reading. The biggest factor that set this Club back, was not SC leaving, but SL having a knee jerk reaction and installing an unproven manager in KM at the helm. From the sublime to the ridiculous...

As for being a Supporter...your ideas are beyond all reason. Blinkered imho. All Club owners and players wish the best for their fellow Professionals, does that not make them loyal and Supporters also? Loaning players out to other Clubs...does that not also help our opposition? Think about it.

SL has done a lot for this Club, but even he has admitted he's made mistakes, one of the reasons he stood down as Chairman.

As for working with the existing regime, what is promised at Interview stage doesn't nessesarily always materialise. Some things are said to get you on board. It happens in every business.

People were jumping around with joy when SL appointed him, as we all knew he was a great Coup for this Club, based on his past achievments. People then turn on him, because he walked away...They don't know the real reasons why, but base their 'hatred' purely on that...which is ludicrous.

If fans knew half the things that go on a Football Clubs, their own feelings would change drastically. It's being called left in the dark. What we don't know, doesn't hurt.

Honestly...Football fans do themselves no favours, with their neolithic logic and pack mentality. No wonder we are all treated like Cattle. You only have to read this forum.

Watch out Spudski, your tin-foil hat is slipping, the evil 'Bristol City Football Club' might start stealing your thoughts. blink.gif

Since you wont tell us what this dastardly deed is that made Copout run away, and the monotone Scouser has kept remarkably quiet, we have to assume it was connected to the signing of David James.

Managers up and down the country work in partnership with their chairmen, occasionally having to rearrange their expectations because of the owners' wants. Ninety-nine per cent of them accept that and don't strop out like a toddler having a tantrum when things aren't exactly as they desire. And I'm sure none of them have done it twice!

Now I've worked for employers who I haven't seen exactly eye-to-eye with in the past, but I was professional and got the job done to the best of my abilities, did the right thing for the company and used tact and diplomacy to make things better for me.

Whatever way you look at it, Coppell made very little efforts to prepare City for his disastrous two game tenure and he just bailed at a time we needed real leadership and long-term vision. He WAS good once but his behaviour here and at Man City makes him a bad manager, a liability.

I hope he does get appointed at Portsmouth and leads them straight into L1 before he's finally carted off to the funny farm, moaning about his 'lack of passion'.

Watch out Spudski, your tin-foil hat is slipping, the evil 'Bristol City Football Club' might start stealing your thoughts. blink.gif

Since you wont tell us what this dastardly deed is that made Copout run away, and the monotone Scouser has kept remarkably quiet, we have to assume it was connected to the signing of David James.

Managers up and down the country work in partnership with their chairmen, occasionally having to rearrange their expectations because of the owners' wants. Ninety-nine per cent of them accept that and don't strop out like a toddler having a tantrum when things aren't exactly as they desire. And I'm sure none of them have done it twice!

Now I've worked for employers who I haven't seen exactly eye-to-eye with in the past, but I was professional and got the job done to the best of my abilities, did the right thing for the company and used tact and diplomacy to make things better for me.

Whatever way you look at it, Coppell made very little efforts to prepare City for his disastrous two game tenure and he just bailed at a time we needed real leadership and long-term vision. He WAS good once but his behaviour here and at Man City makes him a bad manager, a liability.

I hope he does get appointed at Portsmouth and leads them straight into L1 before he's finally carted off to the funny farm, moaning about his 'lack of passion'.

As your beloved SL said, it was in the Best interest of the Club and for both parties for SC to leave.

Why do you have to assume it was because it was the signing of David James? Because some reporter from the Sun put two and two together, made five, and made up a story?

That's what your assumption is based on.

SL knew exactly what he was doing when he appointed Coppell, and he agreed to SC not being in certain places pre season because he had prior commitments. How can you blame SC for that, if the Chairman knew this, agreed to this, and still appointed him?

There is no conspiracy...just makes me laugh how supposed Football fans, fall for all the crap that is written in papers, and believe everything that is spouted by the Club. It's not just BCFC, but every football Club.

You only have to sit back and read the drivel spouted by many on this forum, when they were venting their anger at KM during his Tenure. No one ******* vented their anger at the board for appointing him...oh know. The Messiah can do no wrong. Talk about fickle.

Like i said...it's a pack mentality, and people get caught up in it. Nasty rubbish said about people, they know **** all about.

I have always liked the man, still do. As far as I'm concerned, it's all water under the bridge. I have no idea why he left; I assume he had good reason. So I say all the best to him, hope he does well.

I agree with this. I feel not hate for him- was just annoying that it set us back a bit but he is hardly at fault for the mess Millen left us in.

IF he does return to management, I'm sure he will do a good job as he is a quality manager.

• Admin

SL knew exactly what he was doing when he appointed Coppell, and he agreed to SC not being in certain places pre season because he had prior commitments. How can you blame SC for that, if the Chairman knew this, agreed to this, and still appointed him?

Ahh like the time SC stated he was going to America, then mysteriously appeared at Griffin Park !

Ahh like the time SC stated he was going to America, then mysteriously appeared at Griffin Park !

You verify everything i have said... Don't believe everything you read or is reported in the papers, or released by any Club.

What is said, can be completely different to what is done, and also circumstances change, and people change their mind.

Football is a game of smoke and mirrors, and often thing's are said to put people of a trial, or mislead people.

Keeping secrets and things close to your chest, are what Football is all about.

Wasn't it Neil Warnock who recently went spare, when someone posted up on their forum, that two of their lads had been injured in training?

Look back at most football related Topics that are suspicious, and there is only a grain of truth in most of them. Clubs and players have too much to lose, otherwise.

Look back at most football related Topics that are suspicious, and there is only a grain of truth in most of them. Clubs and players have too much to lose, otherwise.

Likewise, the conspiracy theories you hear on the majority of topics in football are categorically false.

Spudski - your 'location' says it all.

Cheer up mate - regardless of what has been going on at AG since GJ left, we finally have a manager who (a) knows what he is doing and (b) wants to be here.

The only way is up....

People said that about KM.

We've had two good performances, and all of a sudden the new manager is God, and apparantly know's what he is doing. This is the typical mentality and thoughts of the average Football fan. Not having a dig mate, but no one had even heard of him before he came hear, and all of a sudden he is the Messiah based on two performances.

For all we know, we could go on one major losing streak...would he be 'The Man' then?

On the other hand...He could be brillian for us...Time will tell.

But wouldn't you agree, Fans go over the top, when judging players, managers etc based on a couple of games?

Like i say... Time will Tell, and lets hope it's all positive. But i'm not going to judge anyone based on a couple games...it's nonsensical.

As for the other post...who mentioned Conspiracy? Fans are basing their anger on assumption...not conspiracy. Until the facts are known for sure, the public won't know. And tbh, SL, the Club or SC could publish anything they want, for people to believe, as long as it's not libelous.

As your beloved SL said, it was in the Best interest of the Club and for both parties for SC to leave.

Why do you have to assume it was because it was the signing of David James? Because some reporter from the Sun put two and two together, made five, and made up a story?

There is no conspiracy...just makes me laugh how supposed Football fans, fall for all the crap that is written in papers, and believe everything that is spouted by the Club. It's not just BCFC, but every football Club.

You only have to sit back and read the drivel spouted by many on this forum, when they were venting their anger at KM during his Tenure. No one ******* vented their anger at the board for appointing him...oh know. The Messiah can do no wrong. Talk about fickle.

Like i said...it's a pack mentality, and people get caught up in it. Nasty rubbish said about people, they know **** all about.

You are quite a miserable fella. Cheer up mate Del boy is at helm!

You are quite a miserable fella. Cheer up mate Del boy is at helm!

Not miserable mate...I'm Optimistic from what i've seen so far...But who know's? I just don't get taken in by all the Spin and hype.

Hopefully another Win is on the cards this weekend.

If we win... The New Manager will be put on a pedestal even more.

If we lose...People will doubt. That's the fickle nature of the Football fan.

Like Managers keep saying...they are always judged on their last game.

+1

As for steve coppell, life goes on, i dont care what he does. all that matters is new manager, new chairmen, time to move forward, mistakes happen and hopefully we'll learn from them.

Not miserable mate...I'm Optimistic from what i've seen so far...But who know's? I just don't get taken in by all the Spin and hype.

Hopefully another Win is on the cards this weekend.

If we win... The New Manager will be put on a pedestal even more.

If we lose...People will doubt. That's the fickle nature of the Football fan.

Like Managers keep saying...they are always judged on their last game.

I am also optimistic and even when millen was here when everybody was calling for his head I was there backing him. Felt really sorry for the bloke because he put 100% effort into this club. But the players weren't playing for him and if that happens, then you have to go! anyways onwards and upwards from here :sun:

Hmmm, all that doesn't really change my mind that Coppell acted incredibly unprofessionally in accepting the job then f-ing off after 2 games.

It's impossible to argue against someone who says he's privy to insider information, but isn't prepared to share it, so unless you tell me something astounding, I will go on thinking that Coppell acted in a way no employee should.

As for my 'beloved' Steve Lansdown, without him we'd probably be in a similar position to Plymouth.

Hmmm, all that doesn't really change my mind that Coppell acted incredibly unprofessionally in accepting the job then f-ing off after 2 games.

It's impossible to argue against someone who says he's privy to insider information, but isn't prepared to share it, so unless you tell me something astounding, I will go on thinking that Coppell acted in a way no employee should.

As for my 'beloved' Steve Lansdown, without him we'd probably be in a similar position to Plymouth.

Right... Hypothetically Speaking. You are approached by a Chairman of a Football Club, who wants you as his manager. You never applied for the post, but you still listen to his spiel, and he eventually convinces you, that you're the man for the job. In doing so, you stipulate, the way you want to run the Club and it is agreed.

After finally settling in...you find that everything said at Interview stage, isn't coming to fruition.

You soon realise, that you cannot take the Club forward, because what was agreed, and the way you know how to best work, isn't happening.

You then realise, you are onto a losing battle, and will only do more damage to the Club if you continue in this vein.

Leaving early, instead of trying to do something that you know is impossible, later on in the Season, would give the Chairman a chance to get someone else in for the rest of the Season. And Progress.

You approach the Chairman and it is agreed to move on for the good of the Club.

How...By leaving early, is that Unprofessional?

Unprofessional, in my book, would be to make out everything is ok, knowing full well you are doing harm to the Club and yourself. Would you have prefered SC to stay in Circumstances, where he knew he couldn't work and make City progress? Just blagging it and taking the money?

He was more Professional in what he did, than any other option...

The set back came when SL appointed in a knee jerk reaction KM. Instead imho, he should have taken more time to appoint another manager...say two weeks, like he did in appointing our latest manager. We would have been even earlier in the season, than we are now. So plenty of time for an experienced manager to pull us through. It happens at other Clubs.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Hopefully it never happens at our Club again, we eventually learn from our mistakes, put our shit history behind us...and achieve something noteable in the future.

Right... Hypothetically Speaking. You are approached by a Chairman of a Football Club, who wants you as his manager. You never applied for the post, but you still listen to his spiel, and he eventually convinces you, that you're the man for the job. In doing so, you stipulate, the way you want to run the Club and it is agreed.

After finally settling in...you find that everything said at Interview stage, isn't coming to fruition.

You soon realise, that you cannot take the Club forward, because what was agreed, and the way you know how to best work, isn't happening.

You then realise, you are onto a losing battle, and will only do more damage to the Club if you continue in this vein.

Leaving early, instead of trying to do something that you know is impossible, later on in the Season, would give the Chairman a chance to get someone else in for the rest of the Season. And Progress.

Unprofessional, in my book, would be to make out everything is ok, knowing full well you are doing harm to the Club and yourself. Would you have prefered SC to stay in Circumstances, where he knew he couldn't work and make City progress? Just blagging it and taking the money?

The set back came when SL appointed in a knee jerk reaction KM. Instead imho, he should have taken more time to appoint another manager...say two weeks, like he did in appointing our latest manager. We would have been even earlier in the season, than we are now. So plenty of time for an experienced manager to pull us through. It happens at other Clubs.

Hopefully it never happens at our Club again, we eventually learn from our mistakes, put our shit history behind us...and achieve something noteable in the future.

I agree SL has made mistakes (Millen & Tinnion) - but I dont believe that he would break promises.

100% agree with the above,very well put spudski

Archived