IGNORED

Could This Have Caught Del's Attention

chipdawg

and how many English players were in those english teams?

Lampard, Terry, Cole, Neville, Scholes, Ferdinand, Walcott, Defoe, Crouch, Lennon................and that's with giving the question hardly any thought.

How many Scotsmen in the old firm teams these days?

We were linked with David Templeton in the summer. He is very highly rated and I would imagine Old Firm and Higher Championship/Lower Prem teams might be in for him - Perhaps Del and Doc can tempt him down at a cut price fee? I would love him here.

A kiddy that i work with is the son of ex gas player ian alexander and he tells me his old man is going out with david templetons sister

Lampard, Terry, Cole, Neville, Scholes, Ferdinand, Walcott, Defoe, Crouch, Lennon................and that's with giving the question hardly any thought.

How many Scotsmen in the old firm teams these days?

so not many then would be what you meant to say.

the old firm can't compete with the premier league for the best foreign players so thats not an argument.

what was your point again?

A kiddy that i work with is the son of ex gas player ian alexander and he tells me his old man is going out with david templetons sister

Didn't he get sent off twice in successive games against City for trying to kick David smith in the air? Fantastic. He was like a frightened rabbit caught in headlights as soon as Smith ran at him.

Oh how the Dolman used to mock him (just like those clowns on the tv advert) on his long lonely walk back to the tunnel.

We were linked with David Templeton in the summer. He is very highly rated and I would imagine Old Firm and Higher Championship/Lower Prem teams might be in for him - Perhaps Del and Doc can tempt him down at a cut price fee? I would love him here.

He's a decent little player with bags of pace. I'd imagine he'll be PL bound sooner rather than later.

was it of a high standard in the 70s and early 80s when Hansen Souness Dalglish Gemmill Robertson Macari McQueen etc were winning major trophies with english clubs?

No. That's why most of the better Scottish players came south.I would have thought that was obvious.

I wonder if the sfa and our fa would come to some sort of agrement so we can sign a couple of there players before Jan. If Hearts are really in the shit then surley a deal could be done.

Absolutely no chance.

Loan with a view to a permanent is our only hope of signing them now unless they agree to terminate their contracts with Hearts and join us for free. The rules will not be changed for us or Hearts.

No. That's why most of the better Scottish players came south.I would have thought that was obvious.

right... so scottish football in the 70s was of a poor standard so the better players came south and won most major honours.

In 2011 Scottish football is of a poor standard so the better players arent good enough when they come south and wont make it in england.

Your arguing with yourself. You realise that right?

Scottish football is a poor standard.

Sorry fellow Robbo, I have to interject.

The SPL is worse than the PL because it gets nowhere near the Sky boodle that the PL gets and it represents a country more than ten times smaller than England. But to say that means that Scottish players are likely to be, per se, of a lower standard is hogwash.

As a small nation they still punch above their weight in international football and City's less-than-great recent experience of Scottish imports shouldn't blind us to the fact that McInnes is likely to unearth some gems in a market he knows intimately.

Didn't he get sent off twice in successive games against City for trying to kick David smith in the air? Fantastic. He was like a frightened rabbit caught in headlights as soon as Smith ran at him.

Oh how the Dolman used to mock him (just like those clowns on the tv advert) on his long lonely walk back to the tunnel.

Don't think he ever completed 90 minutes against us! Usually sent off or substituted before the ref sent him off!!

right... so scottish football in the 70s was of a poor standard so the better players came south and won most major honours.

In 2011 Scottish football is of a poor standard so the better players arent good enough when they come south and wont make it in england.

Your arguing with yourself. You realise that right?

Scotland still have some quality players that have come south and made it. Darren Fletcher and.......................................................ummmmm

Very disheartening that this has turned into yet another argument about the quality of Scottish football; it's shit, it's not a debate. There are good players in Scotland, again- it's a fact rather than a debate. Rather than inventing games of oneupmanship, maybe some of you could go and get hobbies? Perhaps time could have been spent looking for any clue as to whether there is anything in the original topic of the post? I found out that Hearts left back Grainger was playing under Del until the summer. We need a left back, ergo he could be a target. Anyone know owt about him?

Archived