IGNORED

Attendance 12187

Super

Really suprised how poor the crowd was after the week we had, i thought though the atmostphere was really good. Just a shame more people aren't turning up.

Disappointing attendance but before yesterday City hadn't won at home all season so no real surprise. As City improve the gates will increase. The next home game 0n 26th November will attract at least 16k with Southampton in town.

Very disapointing

However people have seen many false dawns and aren't willing to part with their money easily, boro will be similarly low crowd, likewise forest I feel due to its timing before Xmas, hopefully in new year crowds will pick up

Disappointing attendance but before yesterday City hadn't won at home all season so no real surprise. As City improve the gates will increase. The next home game 0n 26th November will attract at least 16k with Southampton in town.

Yeah I see Southampton fans have already sold out their 2000 allocation. We have another Leeds situation where I expect many Saints fans will be in the home end. Something I don't necessarily mind, City need all the money they can get, but of course only as long as there isn't no Dolman block A/B situation again!

Was slightly surprised after the upturn too, but then this is a key point...

A lot of attendances have dropped by a significant amount recently. Football is too costly nowadays.

Yeah. Football in this country is overpriced and no mistake. Certainly if we compare it to top tiers- and I don't mean in Austria, but various other decent Leagyes then we surely pay too much as fans in many cases. Amazed clubs have got away with it for so long really- and I say that as someone who paid said prices...

Would be interesting to know exactly what the ST numbers are this season. I for one didn't renew this year, having done so last year and been treated to the tosh that was Keith Millen's City.

Things are looking very different now but once the habit is broken and other plans made with family it's not so easy to get back down the Gate. Will be interesting to see how many half season STs are sold if the club make that offer again.

Would be interesting to know exactly what the ST numbers are this season. I for one didn't renew this year, having done so last year and been treated to the tosh that was Keith Millen's City.

Things are looking very different now but once the habit is broken and other plans made with family it's not so easy to get back down the Gate. Will be interesting to see how many half season STs are sold if the club make that offer again.

Its easy to lose fans, its a lot lot harder to get them back.

People will fill there saturdays with other things, the living room that needed to be decorated for years etc etc.

I think that's the main reason.

The club has talked big for a number of seasons but completely lacked the vision or professionalism to back it up and people have heard it all before.

Hopefully things have now changed with positive movement at board level and managerially - but a hell of a lot of people will need more than 3 games to convince them to return.

Having said that, it's not just us who have been attracting low crowds.

Having not seen, or having the inclination to be bothered to look, any data regarding FL attendances this season, i would not be suprised to see a general downturn overall. I`m sure many of the so-called part time fans who couldn`t afford to renew season tickets will be finding it even harder justifying POTD . Things are getting tough for families up and down the country with the forecast for the future showing little or no improvement. I`m sure some individuals will come back with a `where there`s a will...` type response, but for many. families do come 1st and quite rightly so.

PDG

In terms of value for money, is watching City really that expensive? I cant always make it up due to work commitments, and will go to watch Torquay instead. An average League 2 fixture here is £18, watching average league 2 players in an average league 2 stadium with poor facilities and little atmosphere.

In contrast, for just £2 more (as a member), i can watch a decent (in comparison) standard of football, international footballers in a decent stadium.

Going to watch Swindon is £25!!!

Really does make you wonder how smaller clubs do survive!!

COYR!!

Noticed QPR only had 18,000 against Man City - arguably one of the best club sides around at the moment.

I would like to think we would get more than this if we reached the Premier League in our new stadium. (anyone got any news on the JR judgement?)

I think a few fans from Taunton, Minehead, Wellington and west of these places may not of bothered because of the traffic situation caused by the terrible M5 crash.

Very true, and there are quite a few down this neck of the woods who go...

We didnt bother as I couldnt afford three trips to Bristol in three days (not when we are an hour and a half away)...

However, if the club reduced the POTD ticket price there could be a couple of thousand extra in the ground IMO... Alot of people cant afford £30 a ticket every home game.

Archived