IGNORED

Johnson - Mixed Reactions

Tins

Looking on the Chesterfield forum and its a complete mixture of reactions about him.

More disliking him than liking him.

Certain things crop up like Cant Tackle and No Creativity.

If he can't cut it in league 1 then where can we get rid of him too?

http://www.thecfss.c...showtopic=35328

He's out of contract in the summer isn't he?

Looking on the Chesterfield forum and its a complete mixture of reactions about him.

Maybe Derby will have him back they seemed to like him

Proving at Chesterfield not to be good enough as said by so many on here. But when will Pete admit it...

So we been good when he's not been in our team the last one and a bgt seasons then?

Promotion and a play off final with Johnson in the midfield, but were looking to ship him out so it doesn't really matter what I think.

But Lee Johnson is not as bad as a lot of people make out.

So we been good when he's not been in our team the last one and a bgt seasons then?

Promotion and a play off final with Johnson in the midfield, but were looking to ship him out so it doesn't really matter what I think.

You can't put results down to one player.

We are doing well and he isn't in the squad.

Promotion and play-off is the past, can't keep living off that.

He IS a bad as people make out. But was OK a few seasons ago.

Why the personal vendetta all the time against Johnson? Never understood it, he was a very solid player at league one level for us, really nice passer of the ball along with Alex Russell and he then did OK for us at Championship level, got an unfair amount of stick from the crowd.

His time has come to an end with us as after the Play off season he dropped to a squad player, but he always gave his all for the team and I would thank him for his hard work here, I don't think he is good enough for us now or over the last two years but he has been a lot better than some of the dross that has pulled on the shirt over the years. Polite bloke too.

Why the personal vendetta all the time against Johnson? Never understood it, he was a very solid player at league one level for us, really nice passer of the ball along with Alex Russell and he then did OK for us at Championship level, got an unfair amount of stick from the crowd.

He's time has come to an end with us as after the Play off season he dropped to a squad player, but he always gave his all for the team and I would thank him for his hard work here, I don't think he is good enough for us now or over the last two players but he has been a lot better than some of the dross that has pulled on the shirt over the years. Polite bloke too.

Very well said

Not rated by chesterfield fans

the only player not too be recalled to city following McInnes joining city

Only regualary played by one manager in his entire career,

.....says EVERYTHING

think he needs his father to save his career for a 3rd time

Well, professional managers keep seleciting him and I'll take their judgement over a bunch of internet wannabes.

Millen shipped him out, McInnes didn't recall him, Clough didn't want him back.

OR

His Dad signed him and played him, and a manager of a team in the league 1 relegation zone.

I'll take the advice of the first lot.

Its going to be interesting to see who picks him up on a free in the summer.

I wouldnt be suprised if he goes to the gas as league one seems to be a bit out of his league. Perhaps he only plays well in winning teams hence why hes having shocker at Chesterfield. No doubt the muller road inbreds will make him an instant legend if he ends up there.

There is no helping you.

This isn't some vendetta against LJ as a person. He just isn't good enough as a player for us and hasn't been for some time now. The sooner you face up to that the better.

Very selective memory.

Clough wanted him back, it was City who said no as I remember it.

McInnes hasn't recalled him as we have alternatives - nothing unusual in that.

He's out on loan as he wanted games, his decision.

I'm sure he's concerned about a bunch on the internet giving him undeserved stick even though he's not even here at the moment..........not.

On that note, it's a bit weird that people are still slagging him off when he's not at the club playing - coincidence that City are doing well at the moment and some have nothing else to moan about ?

If Clough wanted him he could of signed him at the start of this season.

Alternatives or do you mean better players.

He wanted games cause he couldn't get any here, so not his decision really.

And I'm not slagging him off, just people still think he's brilliant.

1320606567' post=1464357']

Would be possibly the great transfer deal...ever

That said I'd take Bas Savage in a swap for LJ too

How disrespectfull. Fair enough it's time to move on but I don't believe it would be close to a "best deal ever" never mind your opinion on swapping him for Bas.

Imagen how you would feel if you were in LJs position with his history at the club and you read this thread, or if you were another professional footballer assessing if you wanted to join Bristol city and you read this thread knowing what LJ had helped achieve - it would sure help to put me off.

Next summer he will be gone for good as predicted when his old man was no longer around, I predict no one will want him and his dad sponsored career will be over, and lets face it the chesterfield fans know a shit player when they see one:

Cost us two points today. Missed a tackle in their half leading to through ball for first goal and too easily outmuscled in run by Yeovil player leading to free kick that resulted in their second

I really don't see what he brings to the team - too small, doesn't tackle, not particularly creative.

Terrible, terrible player.

Johnno used the ball well today apart from the one he gave away in the 2nd half which nearly cost us a breakaway goal.

Johnson was not perfect today but he is one of our better players. Intelligent player and good bloke.

Johnson was shocking, just wandered around midfield with little idea of what to do (had to laugh when Trotman pushed Johnson forward as he was stood on his toes when Yeovil were just about in our final third), and lost possession pretty much all game.

Johnson was very poor in my opinion. He has a knack of never been quite up with attacking play or back defending- which is exactly what you don't want a central midfielder doing! He reminds me of Rico. Lots of talking and pointing of his arms for other players to mark but shying away from tackles himself.

Surely we have a better midfielder in our ranks? If not, a massive clearout of personnel is obviously required! Very worrying, bearing in mind our league position which usually requires a 'fighting/battling' mentality to get out of danger. I doubt we will miss him on his return to Bristol

I'm no huge fan of Niven but he'd be ahead of Johnson every day of the week for me.

I really want to like him but I don't see it.

I thought he had a descent game

The most annoying things about that whole free kick scenario were: 1. Johnson's horrendous attempt at a tackle, letting the lad run straight through him (this happened numerous times during the game which is why I'm bemused when people say he played well).

Allott hadn't played well but Johnson was even worse, in fact I'd say that he was at fault to an extent for events leading up to both goals. The way I see it is if you're such a small player you need to have a bit about you and he doesn't.

As you know I'm not Niven's biggest fan but I'd prefer him over Johnson by a mile. If Johnson is on 8k a week someone needs their head checking.

much rather have Randall in there than Johnson

So.. what does Johnson actually do? Can somebody confirm?

And finally the otib style "list of LJ "qualities" from one delusional quickly shot down:

good leadership qualities. GIVE AN EXAMPLE - HE GOES MISSING

very technically proficient. WILL AGREE WITH THAT BUT SURELY THAT'S A PRE REQUISITE

Great speed and fitness COMPARED TO AN AGEING ALLOTTED YES?

good passing range and accuracy. KEEPS IT TOO SIMPLE . NOT CREATIVE ENOUGH

able to shoot from distance. AGREE.. NOT SCORED THOUGH.

Excellent in maintaining possession. CAPABLE NOT EXCELENT

Good defensively. NOW YOU'RE BEGINNING TO STRUGGLE AREN'T YOU? GETS CAUGHT WRONG SIDE OF THE BALL REPEATEDLY?

Very high work rate NO

Great ball handling HE'S OK

Great decision making I WISH HE'D DECIDE TO GO BACK TO BRISTOL

Great knowledge of the game YOUD HOPE SO WOULDNT YOU?

Great work ethic CAN'T SAY I'VE NOTICED. FLATTERS TO DECEIVE.

Great determination to win PITY HE'S NOT PUT IT INTO PRACTICE.

How disrespectfull. Fair enough it's time to move on but I don't believe it would be close to a "best deal ever" never mind your opinion on swapping him for Bas.

Imagen how you would feel if you were in LJs position with his history at the club and you read this thread, or if you were another professional footballer assessing if you wanted to join Bristol city and you read this thread knowing what LJ had helped achieve - it would sure help to put me off.

no never mind yours hes done very well for himself off the back of our club and put very little back in

If I was Lee Johnson, on 8k a week, knowing I'm not good enough for the championship, but still take wages.

He doesn't need the money, he's made millions from refurbishing houses!

The difference is no ever City player got given a career at Ashton Gate by their dad and between the 2 of them took the piss.

No other City player no matter how bad will ever get the same amount of deserved stick.

LJ wasnt put off playing for City, as he was paid several times what he was worth.

When hes playing in the conference at best next season (or Northampton) maybe you can explain why he deserved any sort of respect here.

It would be a great deal though, getting a player with champions league and international experience in exchange for a player who's wouldn't have had a league career but for his father,

The fact he's played almost 200 games for us is simply criminal.

Ultimately though, Gary Johson has paid the the price for this as possibly cost him the chance of becoming a premier league manager, instead of making the logic and sensible decision, he made sure his boy got a game at wembley by bringing him on for Bradley Orr, (a decision up their with Wilson & lita) it's a decsion I'll never forget and signalled his downturn, since then....Cobblers and propping up league 2.

It would be a great deal though, getting a player with champions league and international experience in exchange for a player who's wouldn't have had a league career but for his father,

The fact he's played almost 200 games for us is simply criminal.

Ultimately though, Gary Johson has paid the the price for this as possibly cost him the chance of becoming a premier league manager, instead of making the logic and sensible decision, he made sure his boy got a game at wembley by bringing him on for Bradley Orr, (a decision up their with Wilson & lita) it's a decsion I'll never forget and signalled his downturn, since then....Cobblers and propping up league 2.

Who would you have replaced him with then? Vasko at right back? That would had been good.

Archived