IGNORED

Humble Pie Thread

Pete1975Legend

I have to eat two....

1st of all Skuse has played very well at right back so maybe he does have a part to play in our squad if kept at the back.

2nd for doubting the board and mcinness I was totally unimpressed with the appointment but from what I am seeing and hearing I am glad I'm not left to choose because I'd of got it wrong. Fair play all.

Who's next to eat a piece then?

I have to eat two....

1st of all Skuse has played very well at right back so maybe he does have a part to play in our squad if kept at the back.

2nd for doubting the board and mcinness I was totally unimpressed with the appointment but from what I am seeing and hearing I am glad I'm not left to choose because I'd of got it wrong. Fair play all.

What's brought this on? Its very out of character...............................whistle.gif

I remember shouting at anyone who would listen how stupid Terry Cooper ( my hero ) was in signing a useless, gangly, ex gashead winger called Keith Curle ( for £10,000 I think. )

A few months later he was the best centre half in the league and went on to play for England.

I was often reminded of it by my mates but didn't mind being shown up for a fool by the great T.C.

I have to eat two....

Two down one to go for you then. :laughcont:

That's honest of you. :D

It was a novelty just to see RR posting on a Humble Pie thread.

Had he posted that I think have the forum would have had a collective coronary :clapping:

Never heard of Del and Doc until city showed interest.

I would imagine that would be the same for most of us.

Very impressed so far,but as Del quite rightly said we have achieved nothing yet.

The guy has turned the players in three weeks,I always said this squad was good enough with the right management, and guidance.

It seems we have found the man to rebuild them into a good solid team again.

Knew little of them until they were linked with city.

Glad city took their time when they were making the appointment, certinaley seems like the got the right men for the job and pushed out some of the old guard. Despite my loyalty to them.

As nuch as I admire this positivity and honesty from Pete, I would suggest that just putting the oven on ready to cook the pie would be enough at this stage, It is, after all, very early in Dels reign and I write as one who wanted him here. Even Cotteril has got a couple of results at Forest, so it is obvious that just a change is enough to illicit some response from players, the hard work is yet to be done. At the end of the season when we stay up, I would suggest putting the pie in the oven and hopefully it will be ready for consumption at the end of next season! :winner_third_h4h::fingerscrossed:

Archived