IGNORED

In-Form Players Since Mcinnes Takeover?

So we've had 4 games since his appointment and obviously the team has been performing much much better as a whole but individually who has benefited the most?

Cisse and Fonts have both returned to the side and have put in very good performances I think. I know Fonts was injured for the later stages of Millen's reign but he has been playing much better than last season.

Kilkenny has been superb since the take over in the advanced role McInnes plays him and although Albert is always brilliant he has been outstanding recently too.

I like that Bolasie is getting some game time and I think we've got a talent in him. Hopefully we'll really start to see that over the coming months.

The obvious one is Kilkenny who has impressed since he was allowed to relinquish his defensive role and get forward much more. Secondly Fontaine has also impressed but how much of that is down to the manager and how much is down to Fontaine feeling 100% fit for the first time in ages is debatable. Cisse showed what a good defensive midfielder he is when played in his best position. Albert has also shone but then he's a natural showman and would have done well under any manager.

Skuse has done well at right back but then he's a natural footballer and would have done a decent job there under any manager.

So........ Kilkenny has impressed as a direct result of McInnes who has allowed him to be more creative and so to Cisse who was unlucky to be left out against Burnley.

I can't think of anybody in the team that hasn't looked better since McInnes has came in! But most obviously I would say:

Maynard- Although in my opinion he isn't as good as many people like to believe he has performed much better thanks to the ball being played to him on the floor and the midfield players joining him quicker and therefore not leaving him so isolated.

Adomah- Thanks to us keeping the ball better he is being given the ball in the final third with only one or two men to beat, rather than the ball being continuesly just booted at him and asking him to beat about seven which was the case quite regularly under Millen.

Kilkenny- Been given more of a free role and told to go and dictate play. Has shown class that I think we were starting to doubt whether he had. Absolutely brilliant at The Oakwell and Upton Park.

Elliott- Instead of being used as a supposed goal threat, he has been allowed to just be himself, charge around, close people down, make tackles, pass to someone better (Kilkenny).

Cisse- Been picked. Showed his worth at Barnsley and West Ham.

Skuse- Would never have guessed he wasn't a right-back. My MOTM against Burnley.

Nyatanga- Was probably just about our best player this season until McInnes came in in my opinion, but has looked rock solid alongside Fontaine. Should never, ever play at left-back!

Fontaine- Has looked a real leader since coming back into the team, as long as we are confident his injuries are behind him, we have to try and tie him down! Was an absolute mountain against West Ham.

Another thing I'll say for McInnes is that I was pretty sure it would be impossible to find a manager who rated JCR less than me, but we seem to have managed it!

How can you think Kilkenny and Fonts haven't improved under Del.. Fontaine has gone from a 'dont care if he leaves' to 'we must keep him' and Kilkenny looks much more happy.

Fontaine has been carrying an ankle problem for ages and now he's had the op he's fully fit for the first time on ages. That's a very significant factor in his current form. McInnes has seen already what a good player Fontaine is and gave him a special mention in one of his post match interviews.

I can't think of anybody in the team that hasn't looked better since McInnes has came in! But most obviously I would say:

Maynard- Although in my opinion he isn't as good as many people like to believe he has performed much better thanks to the ball being played to him on the floor and the midfield players joining him quicker and therefore not leaving him so isolated.

Adomah- Thanks to us keeping the ball better he is being given the ball in the final third with only one or two men to beat, rather than the ball being continuesly just booted at him and asking him to beat about seven which was the case quite regularly under Millen.

Kilkenny- Been given more of a free role and told to go and dictate play. Has shown class that I think we were starting to doubt whether he had. Absolutely brilliant at The Oakwell and Upton Park.

Elliott- Instead of being used as a supposed goal threat, he has been allowed to just be himself, charge around, close people down, make tackles, pass to someone better (Kilkenny).

Cisse- Been picked. Showed his worth at Barnsley and West Ham.

Skuse- Would never have guessed he wasn't a right-back. My MOTM against Burnley.

Nyatanga- Was probably just about our best player this season until McInnes came in in my opinion, but has looked rock solid alongside Fontaine. Should never, ever play at left-back!

Fontaine- Has looked a real leader since coming back into the team, as long as we are confident his injuries are behind him, we have to try and tie him down! Was an absolute mountain against West Ham.

Another thing I'll say for McInnes is that I was pretty sure it would be impossible to find a manager who rated JCR less than me, but we seem to have managed it!

Good analysis Bearded one.

You might have mentioned Skuse who now looks very comfortable at RB and Pitman who, although apparently not (yet) a starting choice for Mcinnes has impressed when he has come on as a sub.

As I have suspected for some time, with a few exceptions there is nothing wrong with our squad who can easily achieve at this level. They just need to be played in the right positions and to be fully aware of what they should be doing.

In just three games (I don't count Birmingham because Mcinnes had only been with us then for 48 hrs) our new manager has already shown that he is a shrewd judge of our player's strengths (and weaknesses) and he is a good tactician. For example I thought his sub choices (and timings) v Burnley were excellent.

On other threads today there is some criticism of CS and the board.

This is totally unjustified. The directors took a bold step bringing in Mcinnes and his assistant. Coming to us as he did, uproven as a manager in any English league, let alone the NPC.

Give them credit for that.

Early days yet, but I think this was a brilliant decision.

On other threads today there is some criticism of CS and the board.

This is totally unjustified. The directors took a bold step bringing in Mcinnes and his assistant. Coming to us as he did, uproven as a manager in any English league, let alone the NPC.

Give them credit for that.

Absolutely right.

I find it hard it to understand why some people find it necessary to criticise Colin Sexstone and the board. They've done a good job thus far and I see no reason why that should not continue.

Frankly I don't give much thought to how they run the club. They are professionals and almost all of them are experienced members who have seen it all before. Let them get on with it.

How can you think Kilkenny and Fonts haven't improved under Del.. Fontaine has gone from a 'dont care if he leaves' to 'we must keep him' and Kilkenny looks much more happy.

I do , I just wondered how many games you had been to , to come to your conclusion.

Big big factor for me is removal of Skuse as a first choice centre mid. Countless arguments have taken place on the forum about this.... he simply is not dynamic enough as a centre mid, especially when played alongside Elliott/Cisse, as was often GJ/KM's choice.

FINALLY we have a manager who sees that the engine room of our team is not a place for Skusey.

I've always thought he'd make a decent right-back, especially after seeing how he had Bellamy firmly in his back pocket, nestled tightly against his steaming sweaty backside for the whole 90 mins in the 3-0 v Cardiff last Christmas. Brilliant performance! That was the most competent I'd seen Skuse.

McInnes' identification of more competent CMs than Skuse has been a key factor allowing others to flourish in their natural positions. Not just Marv, Kilks, Cisse, but also the knock-on effect this has on everyone else too.

Long may it continue!

Fontaine may not have played this season, but he looked poor last season.....

So that's why Southampton wanted to sign him?

He was carrying a niggling ankle injury most of last season and continuing to play with painkillers and injections. That's also why he failed the medical at Southampton. Eventually it got so bad he needed an operation to rectify it. That's why he missed the first part of this season.

It's likely that Saints will back in January and it will be difficult to keep him. The potential to be playing in the PL next season would be too great for most Championship players and who can blame him?

Maynard will be off as well I reckon. Why else would his house in Portzed be up for sale?

So that's why Southampton wanted to sign him?

He was carrying a niggling ankle injury most of last season and continuing to play with painkillers and injections. That's also why he failed the medical at Southampton. Eventually it got so bad he needed an operation to rectify it. That's why he missed the first part of this season.

It's likely that Saints will back in January and it will be difficult to keep him. The potential to be playing in the PL next season would be too great for most Championship players and who can blame him?

Maynard will be off as well I reckon. Why else would his house in Portzed be up for sale?

I'm not knocking fonts - cant have been easy as a defender playing for millen. Most defenders would look shyte.

As for maynard... very interesting....

He's just got a new motor as well. A Bently convertible..................nice at 25 years old. That help him get away from Bristol a bit quicker.

Just what we need, more idiotic idle speculation. You'd think that people would learn that jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on circumstantial or second hand hearsay makes them mentally deficient.

Just what we need, more idiotic idle speculation. You'd think that people would learn that jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on circumstantial or second hand hearsay makes them mentally deficient.

Not speculation at all. Maynard's house is up for sale and he's got a new motor. Facts.

Mentally Deficient?

Or in reality, that a small percentage of rumours/speculation is actually true??

Cheeky *****.

Ummmmm. Is not a Bently a very powerful and quick car? Does that not mean that Maynard will get to wherever he's going a bit faster?

Even if it is to the Mall..

Such a sad little man. If you want to make a contentious point, have the balls to say it. Stop hiding behind pedantics.

You know exactly what you implied and you know its entirely unjustified.

Let me guess, now Millen has gone you need another target so your posts can cause arguments? Can't really slag off Del can you??

Personally I have been impressed with Skuse at RB. He MAY have found his best position going forward. His distribution, pace, tackling, height and awareness seem better suited @ RB than in the maelstrom of midfield.I would go as far as considering terminating Jordan Spence's loan from WHU, once Ribs and Edwards complete their loan spells.

Such a sad little man. If you want to make a contentious point, have the balls to say it. Stop hiding behind pedantics.

You know exactly what you implied and you know its entirely unjustified.

Let me guess, now Millen has gone you need another target so your posts can cause arguments? Can't really slag off Del can you??

Good grief!

You get out of bed the wrong side this morning?

How you can deduce so much from a throwaway comment is simply amazing.

Archived