IGNORED

Good Luck To Estonia Tonight

GrahamC

Both are bloody good reasons though aren't they?

Compare what England has done to Ireland over the years with, say, what Argentina has done to England... We love those Argies don't we?

For what it's worth, as someone who's spent a lot of time in Ireland, I've only ever been on the receiving end of banter. I know dozens of Irish people who support England after Ireland have gone out, even a couple who follow the English cricket team all over the place.

Sweeping generalisations and all that.

My attempt at Irony...

I think the comparison should be between England and Germany not necessarily Argentina but I get your point and again that is whole different debate...

My attempt at Irony...

I think the comparison should be between England and Germany not necessarily Argentina but I get your point and again that is whole different debate...

There will always be hatred between certain countries England/Ireland is a sore subject, but the most stable it has been for decades lets all hope it stays that way.

I dislike them going through as the Media treat them like another home nation, when they're as relevant to me as the French. When I was a kid I used to want to the other "Home" nations to do well, until I learned the bitterness they felt towards us. Like the lesser eastern european nations and maybe indeed us, they will add nothing to the championship, but we will be blasted with images of their wonderful fans. As long as the media don't hire Mick McCarthy to be a pundit I can tolerate them, as soon as his face hits the screen I will actively be cheering against them.

An eloquent reposte, if nothing else. I think you'll find that your 2 previous post aren't as considered as the final one. The OP has managed to stir up what can be termed as "debate". By his (or her) calculation we have all been guilty of rising to the bait.

The OP is clearly the bloke on your mates stag-weekend who volunteers to streak, or the cousin at a family reunion who no-one but his mum talks to, or the ginger bloke in the pub with a Kindle with a flat battery. I'm no Derren Brown, but I bet I can predict your next move............ :laughcont:

I guess my next move could be to clarify that I'd only made one previous post where you had referenced, and you've quoted Rojo-Nube's more direct points as being of my own making!

As I said before, I've certainly not said anything out of turn or jingoistic, merely pointed out that most of them don't give a c.rap about us (for whatever reason - mostly historical (I guess the term let bygones be bygones doesn't translate into gaelic?) and I have no interest in how they do. Unless there is some sort of family connection/ancestry, I don't understand why people support another Nation just because they're in close proximity. When City get knocked out of the FA Cup, I don't find myself supporting Swindon instead!

As usual their opponents have picked Englishmen and players stolen from Scotland (but for this one none from Northern Ireland) in their "Ireland" line up.........

Oh and before anyone mentions that Henry goal, they've also had some very curious sendings off and penalties go in their favour since that.........

nevermind you ******* turd....more irish people in their football team than your soft as **** english rugby team

Archived