IGNORED

Johnson Leaves Cobblers

alandicks

McInnes is young, Scottish, largely unknown in England just as Moyes was when he appointed from within at PNE. Those are the similarities.

They are , correct. But I think we all know what you were implying when you brought up the fact he had played at the highest level and for his country. Nice try !!

What!!! Madness?

Decent squad?

You believe haveing players like LJ, McAllister, JCR on long term contracts good?

Having a first choice keeper of the standard of dean gerken?

Having expensive loan players like mairhoffer and agyemang a benefit?

£1m signings like Trudle unable to even get a place on the bench

Having a player like Evander Sno and wasting his ability for most of the season

All whilst helping the club stagger onto record losses, ok SL sanctioned the deals but Johnson recommended them.

You call that a healthy state to be in?

Well your mate Millen thought Mcallister and JCR were ok because he kept picking them to play. Mairhoffer was already gone. Trundle was already gone and Evander Sno was already gone. it is/was a decent squad that was added to by 3 ill advised signings by Coppell and several signings by Millen, it is basically the same squad that Mcinnes is beginning to turn around a squad that Mcinnes believes is a strong squad and shouldn't be in the position they are in.

My take on this, the season GJ took us up, and the flukey pray off season, we did play well most of the time. From the 2nd season in the chmpionship, we played boring negative foor]tball, for which GJ duely paid with his job.

At games those two seasons, I have never seen a better atmosphere.

Since then, until Dels arrival, the atmosphere has been shit. There is a buzz right now.

Once we have a clearout, and we get Championship standard player in, the good times will be back

As for GJ he aint exactly lit up the league has he.

He took us far as he was able, for which, thanks, but we move on...

My take on this, the season GJ took us up, and the flukey pray off season, we did play well most of the time. From the 2nd season in the chmpionship, we played boring negative foor]tball, for which GJ duely paid with his job.

At games those two seasons, I have never seen a better atmosphere.

Since then, until Dels arrival, the atmosphere has been shit. There is a buzz right now.

Once we have a clearout, and we get Championship standard player in, the good times will be back

As for GJ he aint exactly lit up the league has he.

He took us far as he was able, for which, thanks, but we move on...

indeed we do but without some people taking every opportunity to put the boot in.

I'm not on any high horse. You hate Johnson because he pulled your pants down about not being supportive and you bottled owning up. Fair enough, we get it.

In your infamous and woefully inaccurate Conference Manager post which coupled with your attention seeking is why you get so much abuse, you didn't mention style of football or entertainment once. You said he was out of his depth, tactically inept, disliked, unpopular and unable to manage players above a conference level.

Frankly you couldn't have been more wrong and you have nothing to feel vindicated about whatsoever, quite the reverse as his success here proved.

Why don't you just keep the fact that you've got a little boner because he's now having a tough time to yourself? It's neither interesting nor relevant.

My views about his time in charge are available to anybody who cares to use the search function, I see no reason to repeat them ad nauseum.

Not wrong in the least.

The context around that remark, which you removed like a junior evil post journalist, was your Conference Manager post. I was addressing that since it is why you get the barracking you have a seeming love/hate relationship for. The clue is in the bit where I said "In your infamous and woefully inaccurate Conference Manager post".

You only started talking about entertainment after the success of promotion, presumably running low on subject matter for your anti-GJ wankathon.

He left us as an established championship side. A few players he left us with were poor, but overall a squad that was very capable. Proven by the fact we finished that season 10th

An utter mess, is what I'd describe how Millen left us!

100% spot on Riaz 100%

Absolute rubbish. We were playing poor, yes - but he left the club in a healthy state with a decent squad.

For once Riaz, I disagree, we had decent individual players, but we also had several who simply werent good enough, for the Championship (or were ageing), and his "strengthening" wasnt in the slightest bit to the clubs benefit. Millen simply compounded the problem, despite being aware of the shortcomings. Johnsons greatest acheivement is still shit canning the boozers & losers and creating a very fit squad, which hid the shortcomings of the team effectively

I personally dont miss Johnson's style (or bloody Millen if it comes to it) one bit, nor quite a few of his signings either.

McInnes is at last the man who can take us forward. Unlike all the previous managers, after Big Joe's promotion season..

For once Riaz, I disagree, we had decent individual players, but we also had several who simply werent good enough, for the Championship (or were ageing), and his "strengthening" wasnt in the slightest bit to the clubs benefit. Millen simply compounded the problem, despite being aware of the shortcomings. Johnsons greatest acheivement is still shit canning the boozers & losers and creating a very fit squad, which hid the shortcomings of the team effectively

I personally dont miss Johnson's style (or bloody Millen if it comes to it) one bit, nor quite a few of his signings either.

McInnes is at last the man who can take us forward. Unlike all the previous managers, after Big Joe's promotion season..

Not promotion? or play off final?. Championship football for instance is almost certainly the reason Mcinnes joined us and why he has the privilege of managing a championship side, I would have thought that was a pretty important achievement. Also let us not forget Fontaine, Nyatanga, Elliott and Maynard and of course he also gave Skuse his first extended run in the first team 5 players who now form almost 50% of our strongest 1st team available and all this 18 months after the big bad GJ left us.

The squad that johnson left us wasnt good enough, the previous manager didnt improve it sufficently, which is why we are in the bottom 3.

More half of the 1st team squad was good enough and the previous manager bought in areas that did not need strengthening and ignored the areas that did need strengthening, so 18 months on GJ's signings still make up the spine of the team.

Not promotion? or play off final?. Championship football for instance is almost certainly the reason Mcinnes joined us and why he has the privilege of managing a championship side, I would have thought that was a pretty important achievement. Also let us not forget Fontaine, Nyatanga, Elliott and Maynard and of course he also gave Skuse his first extended run in the first team 5 players who now form almost 50% of our strongest 1st team available and all this 18 months after the big bad GJ left us.

The promotion was ntirely and richly earned/derserved. the pray off final, was a fluke, and great fun while it lasted, but the rot set in the following season.

all the players you name there have all blown hot and cold, both during and after his time, as for Del, i think its an inspired choice as manager, and in terms of where we are we are in a similar position to St Johnstone, it may turn out better than the GJ era. Particularly if we sign decent Championship standard players, not journeymen or overated lower league players..

Make no mistake GJ gave us enormous highs and some crashing lows, unlike Millen who just gave us lows, depth varied according to scale. But his last season and a half were turgid, with endless late goals conceded, and not knowing which team would turn up. That is what you got with the man, and his methods, like it loathe it. His time was up..

The team that isnt good enough, wasnt good enough 18 months ago = Johnson, isnt good enough now = Coppell and Millen, oh and the board.

Finishing the season 10th in the season Johnson left and 15th the following season says the team was good enough for championship. Not world beaters, not promotion chasing, but good enough and competitive in this league.

People over-state the job Millen had when he took over. Bad start that season yes, but a decent squad to inherit. much better than the one McInnes inherited.

Why not just wish him the best?

GJ was probably impetuous jumping straight back into work with Peterborough and probably could have stayed in the Championship if he had waited a little time. BCFC would have been good on his CV to stay at this level

He did brilliantly in bringing in the likes of Basso, Hartley and Trundle, but not great in the way he handled Trundle from the start. I also agree that Noble and Russell was, at the time, a great midfield combination for us. I also think he didn't do his best with Marcus Stewart. GJ totally wasted that signing that he found in his squad and I am sure that was always about who had the biggest balls. Steward was clearly still a decent player when he came to us and was ahead of the rest of the team in his movement and vision, as was the same with Trundle. Sadly, both appear to have been forced to play a different way and therefore, we didn't get the player we bought. Now that was stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trundle for me was the most wasted talent by a Manager that I have seen down at City in the last 10 years

Archived