IGNORED

Scotty Murray Retiring At End Of Season

Carey 6

It wasn't 100% loyalty was it?

After all he left us to go to Reading?

Forgot that did you?

Same principle applies to Carey.

He can still be a loyal servant to the club and leave to fulfil his potential at a higher level? he came back as soon as it wasnt working out and has been here ever since. I don't hold it against him at all for giving it ago at a higher, at the time we were going nowhere.

He can still be a loyal servant to the club and leave to fulfil his potential at a higher level? he came back as soon as it wasnt working out and has been here ever since. I don't hold it against him at all for giving it ago at a higher, at the time we were going nowhere.

i think youll find even when scott left for reading he said ,when hes finished at reading hed like to return to city i for one support the testimonialas hes been great for the club on and off the field :fingerscrossed:

I feel that Scotty deserves a testimonial - regardless of his stint at reading.

I know he has been paid well, but he is bristol city through and through

Plus he puts alot of time in for fans. In the summer, the club rented out the pitch at ashton gate - and I believe there was 3 games a day. I rented the pitch out for my football team and he played and played in the other 2 games that day - and I believe he played in all the other games that week.

A few weeks later, he came to our end of season party to give players their awards - he stayed a couple of hours and then he went to another city fans party - this was on a friday night in his own time!

He does loads and is a city legend (IMO) - he's been here ages (in total) and I suspect he'll be here for a long time to come.

the difference between scott and louis is we sold scott because we got offered good money for him carey left because he wanted to earn more money and left on a free to boot,

Scott deserves one more then carey

Agree with this.

Nothing against Carey - but different circumstances

He's just Tweeted 'Just decided that this is my last season playing footie gutted but had enough of all the travelling and not playing and really had fun'

http://twitter.com/#...!/Scotty_Murray

Club legend in my eyes, Testimonial for him at end of season?

Up there with the true legends of this club.

You gave us so many memories Scott.

Well done and thank you Legend.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

the difference between scott and louis is we sold scott because we got offered good money for him carey left because he wanted to earn more money and left on a free to boot,

Scott deserves one more then carey

If you don't think a man who played more than 540 games for us and has been here for over 15 years deserves a testimonial then who would qualify?!

For my part, I think both Scotty and Louis deserve one - for different reasons. It's not about boosting their income - it's about showing thanks and respect for their contribution to the club.

If you don't think a man who played more than 540 games for us and has been here for over 15 years deserves a testimonial then who would qualify?!

For my part, I think both Scotty and Louis deserve one - for different reasons. It's not about boosting their income - it's about showing thanks and respect for their contribution to the club.

I completely agree. That's exactly why all proceeds should go charity.

This man needs a testimonial!!! I for one will make sure this happens in anyway I can

Have a legends v fans game!!!

He does need a testimonial, the guy is a true gent and is a true city legend and icon too..

Who can forget what he has put into this club and not to forget as many have said who can forget THAT celebration v crapdiff

Even while training us that Friday night for the derby I think his exact words were something along the lines of you lot better make sure you beat those gas b******s

I'm with robo on this one.

It certainly needs debating at the very least and a strong debate it will be.

My history is a little fuzzy on these matters but I'm fairly sure a testimonial is for players with over 10 years unbroken service.

A charity match in honour of SM and LC service to the club would be something different.

Testimonials are dead. Half poor "footballers" allready having earned a fortune need a extra sum tax free like in the old days? Forget it. The money should go to charity or there should be no testimonials.

I'm sorry for the rant mate, but scotty will probably give the money to charity!! So unless youve got a problem with that? This is more about saying thank you to a player who has been a city legend for over a decade. Forget the money, its about saying thank you to Scott.

I'm sorry for the rant mate, but scotty will probably give the money to charity!! So unless youve got a problem with that? This is more about saying thank you to a player who has been a city legend for over a decade. Forget the money, its about saying thank you to Scott.

Free entrance or money for charity. Fine with me.

Archived