IGNORED

A Rumour Ive Heard

johnheadbcfc

Yes please. Perhaps teflon could help them find the conference a bit sooner!

I really struggle to understand posts like this. No matter what you think of GJ he is our most succesful manager of the last 20 years and got us out of the dross league we were playing in that many others failed at.

For that I will always be grateful and so should everyone else who follows our great club

Yes it may have gone wrong at the end but never forget.......................

I really struggle to understand posts like this. No matter what you think of GJ he is our most succesful manager of the last 20 years and got us out of the dross league we were playing in that many others failed at.

For that I will always be grateful and so should everyone else who follows our great club

I agree in as much as there are two sides to this, I indeed give major plaudits to Johnson for changing the whole drinking culture and getting rid of players who were more than happy to be kings of the local club sceen and big fish in a small Div 1 pond. Equally his success in getting the club to the Championship is of major historical note as is long periods of the first season back in the Championship. But as you also acknowledge the things that went "wrong at the end" are really only now being addressed. He is lucky his assitant is getting most of the brick bats for what McInnnes has inherited but the financial hemeraging in the transfer market and the tactics Millen employeed in the main changed very little from those dificult later days.

We will all have to move on from this at some point and hopefully the continued gradual improvement under McInnees will do just that. I just hope if said Ex manager gets the gig at the Mem that he doesn't go out of his way ala Steve Phillips to throw cheap shots City's way becuase aftyer all said and done most of his family did rather well out of the club, just as we enjoyed considerable success at the start of his time here and its best just to leave it at that.

To be honest I still like gj and I wouldn't want his reputation with us damaged by going to the gas.

To be fair he will get them further up the table and with a bit of wheeling and dealing will get them in the playoffs next yr.

We should not laugh if he goes there. He's a good manager in the right circumstances and they will end up having the last laugh.

Anyway, who gives a shhhh. We've got super mc and we will be in europe in the next 3 yrs.

realy have to agree with this post before he came we were crap and could be where the gas are now some people have a very short memory.

Is this the same manager, that nearly got us promoted twice in two seasons? that brought the good times back at the gate? that ensured we were established championship finishing 10th or above every season? I don't care what anybody says, GJ was by far the best manager we have had since dicks!

Is this the same manager, that nearly got us promoted twice in two seasons? that brought the good times back at the gate? that ensured we were established championship finishing 10th or above every season? I don't care what anybody says, GJ was by far the best manager we have had since dicks!

no need to call him a dick is there..

I heard that as well but I doubt Johnson would consider managing Rovers. That would be too big a step down after managing City.

No idea if there is anything in this rumour. But it would probably suit GJ in several ways, it's work for one and I don't think he likes to be out of the game for too long, in an area he knows (and may still have property in?), close to his new grandchild and can re-employ father of said grandchild with him having to move.

I think it's a disgrace some of rubbish I read on here about Johnson. People have short memories and seem to forget what a fantastic job he did here in his first 3 years. Just because it ended badly doesn't mean the guy deserves some of the mindless stick he gets. A damned sight better than the other failures we've had down here in my time - Millen, Wilson, Pulis, Coppell...

GJ deserves more respect for the job he did here. Rant over. :handbags:

In my eyes it would be a shame for GJ to go to the gas because of the amount of stick he would get. I have a lot of respect for what he did for BCFC. Although we didn't always play the best football under him it was always enjoyable (Apart from possibly the last games of his tenure.)It is also worrying that he might go and do a really good job for them and i don't think i could handle that. PLEASE JOHNSON DON'T JOIN THE DARK SIDE.

No idea if there is anything in this rumour. But it would probably suit GJ in several ways, it's work for one and I don't think he likes to be out of the game for too long, in an area he knows (and may still have property in?), close to his new grandchild and can re-employ father of said grandchild with him having to move.

He certainly still lived in the area when he was at Peterborough as I know someone who used to regularly see him on the train from Parkway to Temple Meads.

Johnson resurrected our club from dross and anonymity and took us to the threshold of the Premier League.

That took some doing.

I admire what he achieved for us.

I hope that the rumour about him going to the SAGs is just that - a rumour with no substance - Johnson deserves better than that.

On the other hand they're welcome to Millen.

Archived