IGNORED

Prying Eyes Watching Maynard.....

Bristolian76

If he goes to a PL outfit City would want more than the 5-6m Leicester offered. Might ask for around 7-8m.

What a ridiculous price. He's out of contract in the summer for godsake.

Edit: My usual avatar of Scott Murray has been changed to Mr Liverpool, I'd like to point out this is not me and will be as a result of a 'hilarious' hack from an assumed friend which also saw my gender changed to female. I wouldn't normally care but I'd hate for people to actually think I liked Liverpool. Rant over innocent06.gif

How much do people think we can get for him in Jan? I for one would be happy with what we paid plus a large sell on clause.

Thank **** you're not chairman.

We have to be looking for at least £4 million. That is not a lot to the Fulham's and West Brom's of this world when you consider Maynards goals could be the difference between staying up or relegation.

I said earlier in the year I could see him going in January. If he stays fit until Xmas and bangs in a few more goals a lower Prem team is bound to come knocking.

It really isn't crazy.

We most definitely won't be accepting a bid for £3 million.

DEFINATELY won't? Or is that just your humble opinion.

We'll see anyway wont we.

Alot will depend on how he performs between now and then.

Personally wouldn't be surprised if he sees out his contract and just pockets a himself a massive signing on fee in the summer.

Regardless of price offered I'm still hoping that he'll sign an extension. Maybe he can see the potential in Bristol City and will wait at least another year or so before making a move. I would rather keep Maynard, proven quality and I still think Pitman has a little way to go yet, and not have the 4-5 million from his transfer.

If Del Boy sees it differently then I wouldn't be devastated as I don't think we are a one man team or anything, but I remain optimistic. So many rumours surrounding him result in nothing so I think he'd rather have a guaranteed job with a minimum fee release clause at a club that he is happy at and has prem league potential within the 3 years.

Kilkenny, Adomah and Maynard are enough to get a team promoted in my opinion, we also have many players who "on their day" can make up a championship winning team.

I remain a hopeless optimist though

Regardless of price offered I'm still hoping that he'll sign an extension. Maybe he can see the potential in Bristol City and will wait at least another year or so before making a move. I would rather keep Maynard, proven quality and I still think Pitman has a little way to go yet, and not have the 4-5 million from his transfer.

If Del Boy sees it differently then I wouldn't be devastated as I don't think we are a one man team or anything, but I remain optimistic. So many rumours surrounding him result in nothing so I think he'd rather have a guaranteed job with a minimum fee release clause at a club that he is happy at and has prem league potential within the 3 years.

Kilkenny, Adomah and Maynard are enough to get a team promoted in my opinion, we also have many players who "on their day" can make up a championship winning team.

I remain a hopeless optimist though

Our best hope is that NM's quote post match sunday was the main reason he hasn't signed a new contract, because unlike our board and some others NM could see where we were headed.

IMO, some of the prices being thrown about are crazy. He has only 6 months left on his contract, he will be available for free!! Stating the obvious I know but this does affect his value.

We will be lucky to get 3m.

I can't guess what he's worth, but I hope it'll be interesting.

I know his contract is up at the end of the season, and yes.......he can then be picked up for free, BUT......only one club could pick him up for free. I honestly feel that if the Fulhams, Wigans, WBA's, Boltons etc are fancying a bit of NM, they'll all realise that they'll have to do the business in the January window. By waiting for his contract to end, the 5 or 6 lower Prem clubs that are probably sniffing since Sunday's display will have a 1 in 5 or 6 chance of landing him for bugger all. By coming in during the next window, the most ambitious (or desperate for points) club can influence the outcome by offering dafter money than their rivals (to BCFC and NM) to blow the others out of the water and maybe up their chances of survival or progression in the Prem.

Anyway, message over, I'm gonna watch some catch-up tv. FLOG IT - that's the show for me!

Fulham would be a great move for him. I can't see why he would sign a contract extension, to make himself a less attractive target to the likes of them. Just to benefit City? Don't think so.

If Fulham or another (decent) PL team come along in Jan, he will want to go, and we will have to let him go for anything decent on offer - ie just enough to compensate us for losing him for half a season. £2-3M seems fair. The £5-6M from Leicester reflected a club outside the PL with silly money to spend, and a whole season to go on his contract.

Lots of ifs and buts.

If Nicky isn't going to sign a new contract then £3-4m from a Prem club in January will probably get him if he wants the move and we're looking clear of relegation. The club will hold out for the best price but unless an auction happens don't expect more, the short time remaining on the contract always depresses the fee - if he had two years left £6-7m would be reasonable. If we're still struggling the club may take the view that avoiding relegation is worth the lost opportunity for a fee, financially this may be true if his goals are looking likely to be the difference.

On the positive side though, Nicky could still sign a new contract and if he did move for cash in January we could reasonably expect a chunk of it to be invested in the team. There's not much point fretting much about it. We have quality backup in Pitman and Stead and although I think Nicky is a great player and want him to stay I'm also keen to see what Pitman can do with a long run of starts. Equally we will have this situation next season with Pitman if we don't give him a good opportunity and offer him a new deal in the summer.

I wouldn't mind Maynard going to somewhere Like Fulham where he'd stand a good chance of starting. If we can get 3 million thats great and I think if we are mid table or near there by Jan we have no reason to keep him I have faith in Mcinnes but do admit Maynard is great but donot blame him for wanting to play in the Prem.

Let's get realistic on a valuation for a player with just six months left on his contract hey? No matter how good they are. Reference Gary Cahill, probably one of the best up and coming centre backs in the prem, and talk is of arsenal or chelsea offering three mil.....

I wouldn't mind Maynard going to somewhere Like Fulham where he'd stand a good chance of starting. If we can get 3 million thats great and I think if we are mid table or near there by Jan we have no reason to keep him I have faith in Mcinnes but do admit Maynard is great but donot blame him for wanting to play in the Prem.

To be honest, where he goes and whether he stands a good chance of starting is not really our concern, although I am sure most City fans would likie to see him doing well in the Prem. As he is running his contract down and is going to leave one way or another by next summer, surely the club's only concern is to get the best deal for BCFC if he does go in January.

As with last summer, Maynard can veto any deal in January, but if he goes and is sat on the bench then are we really worried if the club has £2/3/4/m in the bank? I agree with a number of other posters that with only 6 months left on his contract we perhaps need to be realistic on what we will get for him, but anything in January is better than diddly squat at the end of ther season. While Nicky is probably our best player, and seems to be hitting goalscoring form just now, I am pretty confident that Pitman can step up to the plate if he is given his chance. Our best hope is for 2 or more clubs wanting Nicky and setting upa bidding warv to drive up the price.

As things stand, one way or another Pitman represents our long term future, and in this respect I think that if Maynard goes in January then it gets things sorted sooner rather than later and I would hope that we get Pitman signed onto a new contract as quickyl as possible to avoid another Maynard situation next year..

If he does go, then I think we should play more towards a high sell on. MAynard signs a 3 yr deal with Fulham for instance in Jan, scores 10 goals plus and he could even book himself a seat to the Euro's? Seriously, you never know.

Anyways if Maynard has a stormer and scores the goals we know he can, maybe a Villa or a Tottenham offer some serious cash for him in the summer, or next season, and its hello kitty.

thats a long game though, and no gaurentee of fruit. Hmm who knows... hope he stays but meh, i'm losing hope of him staying, but I would not begrude him his shot at the big time though.

NOWAIT! Fulham have burned us before with these kind of deals..., we should hold Nicky to ransom, pay back time for Liam! :bruce_h4h:

Archived