IGNORED

Kilkenny, An Apology

Antman

Can anyone think of a better free transfer?

He's pure class

Hartley?.........

Regardless., now looking a quality player, McInnes is bringing the best out of him.

Credit to millen, he could definately spot a player and sell City to them, but spotting a player and getting the best out of him are two definately different things

Apology from me as well! I write him off calling him another lee Johnson! How wrong could i be, i now think he is the creative spark we been missing, now the ball is being played on the deck and to his feet in space to get his head up and look for players infront of him! And 9 times out of 10 he finds them! Superb!

No you were not wrong, in the position he has played all his career he is another Lee Johnson, but being pushed further up the pitch puts him in a position where he can actually dictate the play rather than slow it down and pass sideways.

Thank god Del spotted it, unlike Millen and Grayson

he is a very average player laying deep, and pretty ineffective there due to his work rate, Where he he is playing now...Completely different player

Hartley?.........

Regardless., now looking a quality player, McInnes is bringing the best out of him.

Credit to millen, he could definately spot a player and sell City to them, but spotting a player and getting the best out of him are two definately different things

Hartley was nowhere near as good. Not even close (to be fair though, he was getting on a bit)

• Admin

"Free transfer" cost as much a player under contract.

He did very well today and against Millwall.

Long may it continue.

No, an under contract player would most likely have cost a fee. Costing a fee means we spend more money than not paying a fee.

Your post is stupid.

In the end the cost is the same. Don't fool yourself.

Hard to be polite to stupid Englishmen posts..

I agree with the not so stupid Swede, no transfer fee usually pushes up the wage and the signing on fee and the agent fee, in the real world the costs are very similar.

• Admin

In the end the cost is the same. Don't fool yourself.

Hard to be polite to stupid Englishmen posts..

I don't think I am the fool on this thread, but I won't accuse, everyone else seems to be drawing their own conclusions already.

Perhaps an English Football team's fans forum isn't the best place for your posts.

I agree with the not so stupid Swede, no transfer fee usually pushes up the wage and the signing on fee and the agent fee, in the real world the costs are very similar.

Signing on fee and wage will be inflated, but not that much!!

I don't think I am the fool on this thread, but I won't accuse, everyone else seems to be drawing their own conclusions already.

Perhaps an English Football team's fans forum isn't the best place for your posts.

If you can't take it stop playing the "your post is stupid" game.

Since when are my posts posting themselves??

• Admin

If you can't take it stop playing the "your post is stupid" game.

Since when are my posts posting themselves??

I'm thick skinned enough to take anything posted on the internet with a huge pinch of salt but you seem to be getting a little upset.

Maybe if you stopped hating on our players & started supporting them your posts would garner more sympathy.

Signing on fee and wage will be inflated, but not that much!!

Depends on what the transfer fee would have been.

Say 200k

then because you haven't paid a transfer fee you hold out for and extra 2 grand a week for a 3 year contract that equates to paying over 100k more than the transfer fee was. i know it is basic, but add in signing on fee and agents fees and it is getting very close.

Now the further up the football pyramid you go the more and more you can ask for each week.

Paying a fee or not paying a fee either way the costs involved to the buyer are not that much difference (well according to a footie agent in my family) I am going a lot by what he says but he does look after the higher end footballers than at city to be fair.

Kilkenny is not yet in the same division as Hartley although the last few games are promising.

Rotation would kill Kilkenny off for good.

He's in a different league Tommy , sadly you just don't know what you're talking about. Hartley was a good player who was getting on a bit and could pick a pass. Killa is the heartbeat of the whole team. Everything moves through him and relies upon his movement and his vision. He decides the pace we play at and if nothing's on we turn around and start again rather than playing a ball that possibly could lose us possession. Whilst he and Cisse remain fit we'll continue this run. If we lose either we'll struggle.

Archived