IGNORED

Kilkenny, An Apology

Antman

Having slated him for his early season appearences, I have to say fair play to him - he ran his nuts off today and played a blinder. He was absolutely all over the pitch

Under a manager who knows what he's doing, he's proving to be a little gem - long may it continue

(I can even live with the pointing!)

Well played all of 'em - a fantastic showing - the period where we held possession was sublime, amazing passing and close control

we're not out of the woods, but keep it going lads!

Having slated him for his early season appearences, I have to say fair play to him - he ran his nuts off today and played a blinder. He was absolutely all over the pitch

Under a manager who knows what he's doing, he's proving to be a little gem - long may it continue

Well played all of 'em - a fantastic showing - the period where we held possession was sublime, amazing passing and close control

Fair play mate.

Cisse, Kilkenny and others weren't getting the games they deserved under Millen, and he didn't/couldn't see their potential or begin to bring it out.

What I'd like to know is where are the Millen-apologists now? I used to really get hacked off with their "Give him more time" bleats.

That God for Del Boy (or should I re-phrase that as thank Del Boy for Del Boy).

Long may he continue to heap blessings and good fortune on us!

Kilkenny was my MOM today, Albert was great but somebody had to give him the ball ank Kilkenny kept us ticking over today.

your right Kilkenny gives the ball to Albert but Cisse is doing all the donkey work for Kilkenny and gives Kilkenny the freedom to play further forward and be more effective,

I think Kilkenny was immensely frustrated with how we were playing in the first 10 games, and he's really shining now that we are keeping it on the deck. The through ball to Pearson was sublime and the way he makes a yard for himself under pressure to get a positive ball away is a big part of why we're retaining possession and breaking faster.

He's the best player I've seen down the gate for years. Our own personal Xavi. And isn't he enoying himself? What did Millen do to make him so miserable initially? That turn and run from halfway at the end of the first half was sublime!

Saw it the same then Nibor. Nice word to be able to use about one of ours!

I think Kilkenny was immensely frustrated with how we were playing in the first 10 games, and he's really shining now that we are keeping it on the deck. The through ball to Pearson was sublime and the way he makes a yard for himself under pressure to get a positive ball away is a big part of why we're retaining possession and breaking faster.

Sounds very positive. Wasn't there today, but certainly recently - his ball at Barnsley which led to our opener was incredible.

when I used to play football, i used to get really narked with the players who kept pointing and shouting 'your man' but didn't cover the player themselves, he does it a lot - but given his performances recently, i can live with that!

Maybe. But I'd rather someone is talking and directing where players should be, than let an opposing player remain unmarked. I quite like all the pointing, he's pulling the strings. When he's not available for it, he's Showing the ball carrier where it should go. Good trait really. How some people compared him to Lee Johnson earlier in the season I'll never know.

I'll hold my hands up, they guy looks a different player played further up the field. Still doesn't get involved with challenges or chases back lost possession enough for me.... BUT, i will over look that as that is what our other midfielders are bringing to the team to allow Killa the time to ping more forward thinking passes around.

Long may it continue, it looks like Millen and Grayson didn't have a clue how to play him, Del boy comes in, plays him 1 game i his old position, sees exactly what most of the fans saw, and changed it immediately.

Well done Del boy and well done Killa for adapting to a new position so quickly and so admirably.

Long may it continue

No reason for an excuse. He is a totally different player under the new manager.

Completely agree. This is a very important skill and we haven't had a player that could do this for a little while. He's very composed.

He's the best player I've seen down the gate for years. Our own personal Xavi. And isn't he enoying himself? What did Millen do to make him so miserable initially? That turn and run from halfway at the end of the first half was sublime!

P

If we lost killa through injury we would be snookered,he is the engine in the middle orchestrating absolute class,since Del arrived.

Seeing Kilkenny finally getting recognition for his talent from City fans gives me a degree of satisfaction after listening to a couple of half-wits who sat near me in the Atyeo earlier in the season absolutely slating his every touch.

KM never played to his strengths and the fact that Cisse has taken the defensive responsibilities away from him has finally allowed us to see the playmaker we were all promised when he first signed.

Great performance at Millwall last week and put in another good shift today. Well done Neil clapping.gif

He's not scared to run with the ball either, I still can't believe people had written him off after a few games.

Well he was sold to us as a holding deep midfielder, as long as I have a hole in my arse he isn't one of those.

Seems Del is playing him in a position he has never played in before, long may it continue.

• Admin

Of course.

Kilkenny was out in the press telling everyone he was fit and ready. Keith did not play him.

"Played" 20 m. forward or not it's all down to attitude and working rate.

Signing, Kilkenny praised Millen for selling him the club but he did not have the balls to be sidelined.

You have an issue with players wanting to play & earn their money rather than sit on the sidelines happily picking up their wages?

Weird.

Archived