IGNORED

Saints Fan In Hospital

South Bristol Red

I hate to sound like I'm distancing the club from these actions, but in all honesty they aren't football fans... mindless disgusting thugs. Terrible that anything like this could happen at a football match, I hope that the fans make a full recovery and get the compensation they deserve from these mindless yobs.

Idiots like this bring shame to our club and our city.

If 2 sets of lads decide they want a punch up with each other out the way of everyone else then fair enough, but this sounds like a cowardly attack on innocent away fans. I was subjected to something similar while walking back to my car with a couple of friends in Cardiff back in the early 90s so know how those Southampton fans must feel.

The trouble is, word gets out to their idiot fans and they go looking for revenge when we play down there. You can bet it will be normal fans just there to watch their team play that are on the receiving end of this retribution.

Our "ard nuts" "pwoppa blokes" are getting quite a reputation for setting on passer bys and scarfers. There will be repurcusions soon enough from another set, unfortunately It usually is the ordinary fans that have to suffer the abuse and beatings. Send them down for 5 years minimum, utter scum.

This is shameful bullying and common assault. If anyone on here knows who these pond life thugs are then let the police know. The sooner they are brought to account for their actions the better.

Disgusting. There can never be justification for this sort of unprovoked mindless and violent behaviour. :nono:

Every club has it's idiots........even Southampton.

At around 2:40pm yesterday, queues had built up outside the Williams Stand due to a turnstile power failure, I was about to move to the other turnstiles that we had been advised to do by stewards when around 20 Southampton fans came marching through the crowds signing "We are Southampton, we can do what we want", pushing & shoving everyone in their path including women, children, disabled & OAPs.

They were not totally blameless yesterday either.

BCAGFC

I saw numerous southampton fans walking round yesterday giving it the big one

not saying these lads werent, but these lads who i saw giving it the big one, im sure would have pleaded innocence had they got a slap

again, if these lads are innocent as it sounds then its unfortunate

You think 15 chav scum attacking a handful of people and hospitalising one of them would somehow be more excusable if they were "giving it the big one"?

Innocent of what exactly?

Ridiculous notion, hopefully the vile thugs are on CCTV and already known to police so they get nice long sentences.

At around 2:40pm yesterday, queues had built up outside the Williams Stand due to a turnstile power failure, I was about to move to the other turnstiles that we had been advised to do by stewards when around 20 Southampton fans came marching through the crowds signing "We are Southampton, we can do what we want", pushing & shoving everyone in their path including women, children, disabled & OAPs.

BCAGFC

You are right, I witnessed that myself, but that doesn't excuse a mob attacking three defenceless fans. I despair when I read stuff like this. What is happening to our society?

BCAGFC

surprised they got away with that!

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/5077438.Saints_fans__vicious_attack_on_visiting_supporter/

Every club has its small element of mindless idiots. Go onto google and you can find loads of examples of this sort of thing from clubs all over the country INCLUDING Southampton. Idiots like "Sour Mash" like to think that they don't have exactly the same sort of idiots but of course they do.Any saints fan reading this thread will realize that 99 percent of city fans are decent people but of course that doesn't fit in with Mr sours plan to chastise the whole of Bristol.

It is cowardly and pathetic and I hope they catch who did it.

Why do so called 'fans' do such mindless things like this, I really do hope these idiots are caught and not only banned from the gate but also locked up for a long time, what value do people like this add to society? The problem nowadays is our prisons are already too full and sentences and therefore deterrents are far too short or not existant.

We walked a number of saints fans back to the centre after the game last night and had a great chat with them about the game and football as a whole - it's the way it should be, they were in Saints shirts and we were in City shirts, why should they feel apprehensive as to the implications of wearing an away shirt?

If any Saints fans read this, on behalf of the true City fans, I would state we are very sorry that people who 'suggest' they are City fans could do such a traumatic act as this. Every club has a minority of idiots and sadly these people have taken the varnish of what was a great game between two very capable sides - what a great advert for the Championship it was.

Good Luck to the Saints fan in his recovery.

There are scumbags everywhere and unfortunately our club has its fair share!

The unfortunate reality is when I go away I rarely wear colours particularly walking to the ground. Sad fact, but nevertheless, you still have a responsibilty to yourself and your family to take reasonable precautions. I grew up in the 60's 70's and early 80's and can remember City fans cheering Aberfan and getting pushed back into a punch up I was trying to escape at Chelsea by a COPPER and quite a bit more, so perhaps I'm just a product of my generation with little faith in human nature!!

You think 15 chav scum attacking a handful of people and hospitalising one of them would somehow be more excusable if they were "giving it the big one"?

Innocent of what exactly?

Ridiculous notion, hopefully the vile thugs are on CCTV and already known to police so they get nice long sentences.

Just saying, i saw 4 southampton fans telling some city fans where to go yesterday, and if those around had of reacted, im sure the saints fans would have pleaded their innocence

again, if these lads are innocent (as it sounds) then its unfortunate for them, but they had their own idiots around yesterday also

http://www.dailyecho...ting_supporter/

Every club has its small element of mindless idiots. Go onto google and you can find loads of examples of this sort of thing from clubs all over the country INCLUDING Southampton. Idiots like "Sour Mash" like to think that they don't have exactly the same sort of idiots but of course they do.Any saints fan reading this thread will realize that 99 percent of city fans are decent people but of course that doesn't fit in with Mr sours plan to chastise the whole of Bristol.

It is cowardly and pathetic and I hope they catch who did it.

Very true. I remember a city fan having a tooth knocked out whilst holding his son so he his son wouldnt get hurt - didnt stop him getting hit outside the saints ground a couple of years ago by one of them. But I dont think all saints fans are like that at all, we all know every club has mindless idiots and we are no different. Nobody wants them and I feel sorry for the blokes who got hurt yesterday as it is out of order when people are not looking for it. But to say all of Bristol is the same is a pretty sad statement to come out with.

BCAGFC

When you say they were signing do you mean they were writing stuff down like an autograph, or they were mutt and jeff?

Archived