IGNORED

Saints Fan In Hospital

South Bristol Red

Well for me , these 2 comments you have made , are not in keeping with the general feeling of this incident.

"surprised they got away with that!" Why? just because their fans act like thugs , you seem to imply some sort of retribution is in order.

If I've read you wrong I apologise , but I think your posts do not reflect the condemnation felt by the majority on here.

What I said is what I said, they were obviously part of a mouthy "firm" and that doesn't usually go unnoticed by our like minded "fans" THAT close to the ground. I'm coming up to sixty, and I've been around football for a long time and just surprised tnat there was no recompense, I'm not advocating there should have been!

As for the jumping of the 3 lads, totally wrong and inexcusable (assuming their story was kosher).

Wow, well done at contradicting yourself in one line.

Irrelevant and pathetic.

Just as disappointing as the scumbags behaviour is the number of moronic excuses being made up for it on here.

It's simple: Violence has no place at football and should be condemned unconditionally.

Spot on Nibor. Why can't we be like Rugby fans ? Not my favourite sport but I admire the atmosphere at Rugby games. Rivalry - yes. violence between fans - NO

AND at most rugby stadiums you can take a drink into the stadium.

City's firm are not bullies and are not ones to give innocent fans a kick in.

This would of been teenagers with an ego. Utter scum. Youth of today have no morals. And like someone said previously anyone can attach there self to a club, whose to say they were even at the game!

Speedy recovery for the saints lad!

City's firm are not bullies and are not ones to give innocent fans a kick in.

This would of been teenagers with an ego. Utter scum. Youth of today have no morals. And like someone said previously anyone can attach there self to a club, whose to say they were even at the game!

Ah the other rationalisation. These kids are scum but the older blokes you look up to who do the same aren't. Because they've never hurt anybody who wasn't asking for it right?

And of course, these older blokes in the cool club were real honourable thugs when they were teenage?

And to top it all, a youth bemoaning the youth of today. Too many funnies.

Ah the other rationalisation. These kids are scum but the older blokes you look up to who do the same aren't. Because they've never hurt anybody who wasn't asking for it right?

And of course, these older blokes in the cool club were real honourable thugs when they were teenage?

And to top it all, a youth bemoaning the youth of today. Too many funnies.

Im 24 not exactly a youngster. Where in my statement did i say i look up to them? I was just pointing out that hooliganism goes on throughout clubs. If they want to arrange and have a fight thats there choice. Both parties know what they're for. Just saying our hooligans don't go round picking on scarfers!

Im 24 not exactly a youngster. Where in my statement did i say i look up to them? I was just pointing out that hooliganism goes on throughout clubs. If they want to arrange and have a fight thats there choice. Both parties know what they're for. Just saying our hooligans don't go round picking on scarfers!

Your first line gave it away. When's Dave Jones joining? And where's Edson's £100? I bet the firm don't welch on their bets.

Just read through all the replies, I'm a little disappointed most have just jumped to conclusions and taking the story at face value, I read through it and must say I am dubious as to if this actually happened or if the story is somewhat fabricated. Is anyone able to confirm this actually happened? I read through it and saw a part that said these so called attackers started chanting 'we are Bristol City' now in all the years I have followed the mighty reds up and down the country I have never heard of such a song, The choice song would surely be the CSF chant? IF such events did happen I like many also witnessed Southampton being very noisy all over bs3 all day. From my experience of away games its something you do not do. Like it or not football is very territorial, That's what gives it that little bit of edge. As in normal life keep yourself to yourself and everything will be fine but if you start mouthing off then you will get someone's back up. This so called attack sounds very unlike City fans. Like most on here most likely have I've witnessed many altercations over the years, The ones that are involved in that side of it don't go for shirters or start on people for no reason and don't do three against 15. Not condoning it or looking for excuses but it sounds completely uncharatristic of City fans and I feel if anyone is accusing our fans of such a thing then the validity of their story should rightly be questioned especially when there is so many flaws to the story.

Also was just thinking back and I may be wrong or not remembering events correctly but going back to our first season in the Championship we played Soton at home on a tues night, I'm sure that night was the opening night of bar bs3 and southampton fans got in there and caused problems?

Also was just thinking back and I may be wrong or not remembering events correctly but going back to our first season in the Championship we played Soton at home on a tues night, I'm sure that night was the opening night of bar bs3 and southampton fans got in there and caused problems?

What does this have to do with it ?

I don't know if these muggers were city fans or not, doesn't matter, They cant be allowed to get away with it. Although most likely they will.

On the Saints' board they are posting reports + videos where Bristol "lads" attack Leeds supporters etc. This is leading nowhere as your will probably find idiots en every football club around. Those who do not want it should not be attacked and that's it. There should be enough fools around looking for a brawl, have a go at them.

Yes. Been quite a bit of trouble with Southampton over the last few five odd years home an away. They certainly aren't 'saints' either (excuse the pun!)

Regardless of that sounds like the two lads got delt a bad hand wish them a speedy recovery.

Why are you so perfect, must be hard.

Ask me to defend something I haven't said or implied and don't agree with?

It's called a straw man and it's something people who have no actual grounds for their point of view resort to.

Your attempts to excuse the pond life are pathetic and you're embarrassing yourself.

These lads might be the same four or five walking down North St at 2ish yesterday afternoon shouting there mouths off about Bristol being a sh-t hole and the saints will march all over it? who knows. Might pay to know the true facts about what happened rather than just hear say. Dig a little deeper into the antics of the angelic saints around there own city pubs on match days with regards attacks on supporters from other clubs.

yep, walked past the Terrace Bar shouting at us stood outside - we looked at each other and laughed with very surprised looks on our faces! Hope the lads from Southampton Nil are ok

Unless it has been and gone Nothing in the EP, nothing on "this is Bristol", you can guarantee if there had been any truth in this it would have been all over the papers.

I reckon a fabrication, probably fell over pissed, banged his head and needed an excuse for his mates.

I reckon, this.

Any genuine bad publicity for us would be all over the Evil Post. If there had been an unprovoked attack on some young lads, the police would've been issuing an appeal.

If it's not in the papers/online today, it's pony.

I reckon, this.

Any genuine bad publicity for us would be all over the Evil Post. If there had been an unprovoked attack on some young lads, the police would've been issuing an appeal.

If it's not in the papers/online today, it's pony.

Not so. I can think of a few things over the years that havn't been reported, far worse than this.

This screams of pissed up young opportunists, rather than grizzled football hooligans. it's just not something that "happens" here.

I haven't posted before, and have always been a reader of posts and never felt compelled to give my opinion despite my love of the club. It is hugely dissapointing that it is a thread like this that has prompted me to sign up.

I think we should use this topic to petition to BCFC for them to start an official invesitigation into this incident as people like that should not be welcome at the club, and allow the rest of us decent attendees to distance ourselves from them and publically condemn them.

When people say we need a more intimidating atmosphere at the gate for away teams.. this is not it.

Ask me to defend something I haven't said or implied and don't agree with?

It's called a straw man and it's something people who have no actual grounds for their point of view resort to.

Your attempts to excuse the pond life are pathetic and you're embarrassing yourself.

At know time have i attemped to excuse(quote you)pondlife, there appears to be very little evidence that this incident took place at all, so hardly pathetic or embarrassing. Your just to blinked to ever be wrong Robin.

At know time have i attemped to excuse(quote you)pondlife, there appears to be very little evidence that this incident took place at all, so hardly pathetic or embarrassing. Your just to blinked to ever be wrong Robin.

There's an eye witness account... that's not evidence?

You've attempted to excuse it by suggesting that the victims might be some saints fans being mouthy on north street?

Instead of trying to rationalise it's quite simple to say: If this happened it is completely wrong. You chose not to - says it all really.

I think we covered violance is has no place in football, expect on the pitch of course.

do we really know what happened? Because I can't find anything on record of it happening, Now if he had a fractured cheekbone that would be a hospital, maybe an operation. If it happened the Police would be all over it, and if they were, a journo would be hold of it too, as we have displayed Football Violence is just what the media like.

I dont know what happened, so i'm not about to start apologizing to no one about something i knew nuffin about...omg, I caaant believe I just said that.

Seriously though, we don't even know the numbers of even who the aggressors were and if anyone else was injured.. too many questions and all we have is some poster on some forum, would it be best to assume the poster is somewhat bias and maybe they picked on the wrong City fans and maybe came off worse?

Had i been first to post on this thread I would have condemned and apologized maybe as everyone did, but the lack of evidence suggests it could be bull5h1t.

I'm just saying is all...putting it out there.

There's an eye witness account... that's not evidence?

You've attempted to excuse it by suggesting that the victims might be some saints fans being mouthy on north street?

Instead of trying to rationalise it's quite simple to say: If this happened it is completely wrong. You chose not to - says it all really.

You or I could attend an away game and easily come home and post on here claiming we was set upon. It's hardly a court of law and some people do just enjoy the attention such a story would give. The fact that their story has so many gaping holes suggests to me it is utter tripe.

I posting on a Saints website by a fan bitter that they've lost

and

everybody seems to be taking the "story'" as true despite the obvious lack of any depth.

The story writer:

• doesn't know the road where it happened

• Doessn't know the pub name

• Doesn't mention the hospital they went to

• They were followed for FIFTEEN minutes before the alleged attack - ???? Why

• The 15 or 7 or was it 3 were shouting "we are Bristol City" - a chant I've NEVER heard used (Saints by the way do chant "We are Southampton" so he probably substituted Bristol City into a Saints chant when he was making up the story)

• Nothing in the EP or RB

• And more tellingly - 14000 City fans making there way home from AG in all directions accross the City and NO ONE saw anything or drove past and saw anything - this was on a main road remember

• They spent "ages" with the Police but nothing from the Police asking for witnessess in the medie etc.

Think about it - the whole thing is a load of cobblers written by some bitter cock on the internet who was put out they lost and wanted to bad mouth us..

CR

Archived