IGNORED

Gary Speed Rip

SnozRobin

How anyone can do that to themselves at home with a young family I will never understand. Shows no respect or love for his family what so ever and has now completely ruined his families lifes forever.

Tragic for his loved ones and thoughts go out to them.

Very little is known about what's happened or why at this early stage.

While I understand your sentiment and this is clearly an emotional time, it isn't the time to be attributing blame.

It's a tragic loss for all concerned.

How anyone can do that to themselves at home with a young family I will never understand.

With respect, its easy to say that if you havent walked a mile in those shoes.

A desperate act by a man who clearly could see no other way out, a tragic loss to football and deepest sympathies to his family.

It is shocking. Robbie Savage on Twitter:

'He was upbeat on phone yesterday we were laughing together , talking football and dancing he was a great teammate and a great friend'

Sadly, from experience, suicidal people are still able to hide their true feelings and it's only times like this that you get a true handle on where their mind was. There is also the sudden situation that can engulf someone and drive them to it impulsively: finding out your wife is having an affair with your best mate, or something like that.

Either way it is a terrible situation and my heart goes out to all that knew him well.

Some decent people who become ill get no say in whether they live or die.

Nothing could ever be so bad as to put the people you apparently love through what he has.

We do not know the circumstances but "becoming ill" includes becoming so mentally ill that you take your own life. Having lost somebody in those circumstances I would not wish the kind of bleak despair that drives even apparently successful people to such an extreme on anybody.

Some decent people who become ill get no say in whether they live or die.

Of course, it's very sad and that goes without saying. However it is worth remembering that depression (and I mean the medical condition, not the temporary 'down' feeling we all get from time to time when City are bottom of the table etc.) is also an incredibly destructive illness and is underestimated by many who cannot imagine the mental and physical symptoms that come with it.

Im sure that a mentally healthy Gary Speed wouldnt for one second consider putting his family through that, the same as anyone else who has done it. Its not a cowards way out, its pure desperation and I feel very sorry for him, and of course, his family.

R.I.P. Gary

Of course, it's very sad and that goes without saying. However it is worth remembering that depression (and I mean the medical condition, not the temporary 'down' feeling we all get from time to time when City are bottom of the table etc.) is also an incredibly destructive illness and is underestimated by many who cannot imagine the mental and physical symptoms that come with it.

Im sure that a mentally healthy Gary Speed wouldnt for one second consider putting his family through that, the same as anyone else who has done it. Its not a cowards way out, its pure desperation and I feel very sorry for him, and of course, his family.

R.I.P. Gary

+1

Very sad. Its shocking that anyone can sink so low emotionally that they can let their family face that scene and then the rest of their lives in grief.

RIP.

I cannot take this news in. He was on Football Focus yesterday lunchtime, laughing and joking with Gary McAllister. What on earth happened to him between yesterday lunchtime and 7am this morning?

RIP Gary Speed.

How anyone can do that to themselves at home with a young family I will never understand. Shows no respect or love for his family what so ever and has now completely ruined his families lifes forever.

Tragic for his loved ones and thoughts go out to them.

I understand what your saying. I could never put my kids through that kind of pain.

But we don't know what demons he had. The mind can be a funny thing.

I only commented recently when he was walking off the pitch at the gate what a great ambassador he was to the game, he acknowledged our crowd in a highly sporting and generous manner. As a welsh person myself, our feeling on a national basis felt so much better thanks to his efforts, he was just starting to get our side on track and had started ro restore some pride, he clearly was inspirational to everybody he came across.

He seemed so happy on tv yesterday hence the shock with which this news has clearly landed with so many of us.

We've lost one of this country's greatest football personalities at such a young age and welsh football has lost one of it's greatest players and people - whatever sat behind this tragic act, Gary Speed, please now rest in peace.

Archived