IGNORED

Mcinnes Won't Be At Bcfc Very Long...

Kid in the Riot

...according to an un-named City player who spoke to Mark Clemmit after Saturday's game.

Clemitt has just said this on 5live, the player told him McInnes has been 'sensational' since at the club and won't be with City for very long.

Gotta be Jamo hasn't it?

Who knows who said what, (or if anythhing was really said at all)

Firstly people (goalkeepers/footballers included) do tend to talk a lot of off the cuff bollox that means nothing (bullshitting is usually what its called)...Particularly footballers who have gained life experience in a completely ab-normal environment from the general population!

Secondly no one special will seriously look at him (DM) untill he actually acheives something (I had more than one conversation which had GJ down as a future England manager!!!)...So unless we get promoted sometime in the next two seasons or win the FA Cup I wouldn't put any store by what has been said (or not) to the 'Muppets' at radio five and by who....Just a thought!!!

:disapointed2se:

I´ve been waiting for a thread like this to appear.

We can see that McInnes is doing a good job but from the outside what does it look like - New manager has a good run. This happens all the time. Sometimes good things continue and sometimes they go down hill again. Remember Stuart Pearce at Man City? He was hailed the best thing as sliced bread and then a year or so later got sacked.

Second thing to consider is how many clubs have appointed managers from the lower leagues in the last 4-5 years. I can only think of 1 - Roberto Martinez at Wigan and he´s hardly pulling up trees.

Most prem clubs look at the lower leagues and don´t think the managers will be able to handle big/foreign players. To get a prem job now you need to do one of the following:

Have previously managed at prem level

Be a high ranking coach in Europe

Have been a top premier league player

Be a coach at a prem club (the cheap internal option)

Realistically for a Championship manager to become a Prem manager nowadays you need to get promoted to it.

Final point if a prem club was looking for a Champ manager McInnes wouldn´t be near the top of the list:

Adkins -top of the league

Mowbray - has managed in the prem

Poyet - has played in the prem and is foreign

Hughton - has managed in prem

Just like when any prem job was going we all throught that Gary Johnson was the number 1 pick for it, yet all the bookies felt differently and shockingly, he never went.

He's signed a contract with us and has shown no signs of wanting away, he stayed at St Johns for at least an additional year when other clubs came calling

Plus I would imagine that if I were a prem chairmen, I wouldn't take a gamble on a manager who's done well in Scotland and managed a championship side for 6 games.

Now, if he ends up doing something like Owen Coyle did with Burnley, then I would understand it and wouldn't blame him if his head was turned, but, for the minute, can everyone just relax and for once enjoy what appears to be a good thing at our club?

Oh and he's also still got a job to do, we are still in the relegation zone lad (hopefully after tonight I won't have to say that again) and then it's on to the play offs!........

We are as big as Blackburn!!! HAHAHA Most stupid comment I have ever read on here and that is saying something. They've won the premier league FFS, unlike Liverpool, Man City, Spurs and pretty much everyone else...

Don't think he got his head, and fingers in gear at the same time! Can't see any other reason to think anyone could think we are bigger than Blackburn... UnlesS he is refering to the size of the town city!

I'd only be worried if West Brom sacked Roy Hodgson.

He apparently came close to getting that job last time and with him doing well here, I'm certain that they will want him....

Lets just hope we are in the prem by the time Hodgson leaves them....

Come on albion!!

The thing is with city fans, if its going great, we will win the league, if it isn't, then we are the worst team to ever walk the earth. Its the same for mcinnes, yes he's done a fine job, but lets just leave it to him. All we can do is to support the team!

Is this not the same with any set of fans?! People always seem to think that City fans are particularly negative and don't get behind the team etc. when in reality we're the same as pretty much any other set of fans.

Couldn't agree more, I really hope this guy from Paisely becomes our Brian Clough or Bobby Robson who both took provincial clubs from the lower leagues to great things.

....reminds me of a Clough/Taylor type partnership too, take an unfashionable/under-achieving club (Forest/City) & turn it into something really really special, MacDoc can be City's Clough/Taylor potentially.

With a new stadium in the pipeline, a wealthy backer with vision & ambition a true fan (SL), a huge potential catchment area the ingredients are all there for Mac/Doc to stick around for quite a while if they want to.

Depends if their vision matches what we all hope for, one way or another big success will come for the Mac/Doc partnership

- two routes for them......either do well here then move on and inherit a readymade 'big time' situation (pretty standard stuff).

or ..... do a Clough/Taylor/Forest like thing right here at BCFC build something great and become true football legends known & revered throughout the sporting world.:fingerscrossed:IT IS POSSIBLE..... & it is upto them.

Mac

<ahttp://www.otib.co.uk/uploads/emoticons/default_city.gif' alt=':city:'> Doc / Lansdown ...... Lets Be Legend !!

Pathetic.

Has anyone asked Derek McInnes what his plans are? No? then until the moment he declares that he's too big for the job, let him get on with it. He won't be on the radar until we're at least top half, if at all.

Think of the "first choice candidates" for any job, (Lee Clarke, Chris Powell, Carl Robinson) plus innumerable others. I despair of our fans sometimes, I really do.

For a prime example of how to turn a positive into a negative, ask a Bristol City fan.

:yes:

talk about over reaction in which the source is on the same level the evening post, no doubt twisting someone else's words and how useful that he doesn't name the player so can say as he pleases. Yes we are on a good run but to worry about Mcinnes being snapped up already is crazy talk, how you can judge manager on such a short period is ludicrous.

talk about over reaction in which the source is on the same level the evening post, no doubt twisting someone else's words and how useful that he doesn't name the player so can say as he pleases. Yes we are on a good run but to worry about Mcinnes being snapped up already is crazy talk, how you can judge manager on such a short period is ludicrous.

I heard that MacInnes is going to Watford. TODAY!

I think what bothers me the most is we always seem to cut our spending when we finally have someone who knows what they are doing in charge...

I wouldn't be surprised to see McInnes move on in a few years after having little to spend but still doing a good job and then we'll replace him with a right useless git who will spend spend spend.

I think the worst part of being a City fan is seeing the same thing over and over when it comes to the running of this club.

Dont think you need to worry about DMc going anywhere for a while yet,hes more than happy where he is,plus while at St Johnstone he turned down a couple of moves elsewhere which would have put more money in his own bank account,he took us as far as he could and more,he will do the same with you guys,he knows hes got a team with top league ambitions.

I think what bothers me the most is we always seem to cut our spending when we finally have someone who knows what they are doing in charge...

I wouldn't be surprised to see McInnes move on in a few years after having little to spend but still doing a good job and then we'll replace him with a right useless git who will spend spend spend.

I think the worst part of being a City fan is seeing the same thing over and over when it comes to the running of this club.

laughcont.giflaughcont.gif

Dont think you need to worry about DMc going anywhere for a while yet,hes more than happy where he is,plus while at St Johnstone he turned down a couple of moves elsewhere which would have put more money in his own bank account,he took us as far as he could and more,he will do the same with you guys,he knows hes got a team with top league ambitions.

Good to hear

• Admin

In recent years we've had our best results when on a budget. We had years of profligacy under Pulis, Wilson, Tinnion, then brought in Johnson who spent little comparitively, got us promoted & to a play off final. We then backed him with money and things went sour, continued to back Millen & the sour times also continued. We've now brought in McInnes who hasn't had the chance to spend any money yet & we've had some great results.

Would you say blackpool are a bigger club than us ? or qpr, or swansea or burnley all been to prem recently

I would. Most of them in history and most of them on recent and current standings. And all of them currently above city.

What are you suggesting when you say the word big?

Archived