IGNORED

Mcinnes Won't Be At Bcfc Very Long...

Kid in the Riot

christ! The guy hasn't been here for 6 games yet. He is doing a fantastic job, but we can't be too hasty because this can lead to big expectations, and if that happens, we all know what can happen(fans get become greedy). He is obviously a very talented manager, and only at the age of 40 shows that he is going places, whether that's with us, remains to be seen. But I am very excited with him at helm, and I believe he is the man to take us foward to the promised land.

• Admin

Way of the world, we have been told we have to cut our spending, if that is the way the board is going fair enough, but don't be surprised when the big boys come knocking.

I have seen it so many times before,

the highs and lows of being a city fan I am afraid.

but lets enjoy Del Boy for all the time he is here. And pray it will be a relatively long time

Our budget will be big enough when in the Prem next season ;)

Good grief! :disapointed2se:

Just don't understand some City fans sometimes... He's only bloody been here for a month!

Won't be here long? Why TF not? New stadium (eventually), one of the richest (British at least) owners in the game and still a massive catchment area... Potential to be just as 'big' a club as Stoke, QPR, Fulham, Wigan, Swansea, Norwich... Not a million miles away from WBA, Wolves, Bolton or Sunderland (at least in terms of financial backing etc. although not gates).... So that only leaves 10 clubs which would be tough for Del to turn down and you can count out the big 6 (Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea & Tottenham) who'd want a bigger name...

So unless Newcastle, Everton, Blackburn (who might be down with us anyway) or Villa come calling I see no reason why he shouldn't be here for the next year or two at least...

Only Birmingham or West Ham would be of any interest in the Championship too so...??

Maybe we are being just a little over exuberant about McInnes.

Sure he's done a spectacular job in a short space of time but we've no idea how he'll shape up when City hit a bad spell, say 3 or 4 poor consecutive results or more. His mate Owen Coyle's, another bring young Scottish manager star is waning with Bolton struggling, albeit in the PL. Managing is far easier when your're winning games.

Lets take in more slowly, and see where we are come the end of the season before we make a firm judgement on Mr McInnes.

Maybe we are being just a little over exuberant about McInnes.

Sure he's done a spectacular job in a short space of time but we've no idea how he'll shape up when City hit a bad spell, say 3 or 4 poor consecutive results or more. His mate Owen Coyle's, another bring young Scottish manager star is waning with Bolton struggling, albeit in the PL. Managing is far easier when your're winning games.

Lets take in more slowly, and see where we are come the end of the season before we make a firm judgement on Mr McInnes.

You should know there's no room for waiting for a firm judgement on this forum.

A defeat tomorrow and somebody will question if we've got the right man.

Ok so Del has had a good start to his reign as City boss & the future looks bright in the eyes of most fans(me included) and this is going to attract other clubs, but I can see him being with us until he feels he cant take the club any further.

I don't believe that he is the type of person who will walk away until he thinks the job is finished or he is sacked(which isn't likely to happen)

...according to an un-named City player who spoke to Mark Clemmit after Saturday's game.

Clemitt has just said this on 5live, the player told him McInnes has been 'sensational' since at the club and won't be with City for very long.

Gotta be Jamo hasn't it?

Ruin my day why don't you.

Perhaps the player meant he ( the player ) wouldn't be there very long after the manager hears what he's been saying.

Delete the thread. Fed up with this sort of negativity.

Agreed. One of the most exciting times at the club for a long time. Some people HAVE to be negative.

But the prevailing attitude that a lot of people have in life is analogous to their attitude to BCFC, not making the best of now, and instead worrying about the future for their whole life.

Just enjoy it. Shhhh.

He has got a long way to go before bigger sides want him. Even Owen Coyle left Burnley once he got them to the Prem and not before despite doing a great job.

On a long term contract here. Nothing to worry about.

This is of course correct. However it doesn't give the forum drama queens something to get their knickers in a twist about, so it'll be largely ignored.

Pathetic.

Has anyone asked Derek McInnes what his plans are? No? then until the moment he declares that he's too big for the job, let him get on with it. He won't be on the radar until we're at least top half, if at all.

Think of the "first choice candidates" for any job, (Lee Clarke, Chris Powell, Carl Robinson) plus innumerable others. I despair of our fans sometimes, I really do.

For a prime example of how to turn a positive into a negative, ask a Bristol City fan.

Pathetic.

Has anyone asked Derek McInnes what his plans are? No? then until the moment he declares that he's too big for the job, let him get on with it. He won't be on the radar until we're at least top half, if at all.

Think of the "first choice candidates" for any job, (Lee Clarke, Chris Powell, Carl Robinson) plus innumerable others. I despair of our fans sometimes, I really do.

For a prime example of how to turn a positive into a negative, ask a Bristol City fan.

I hope that wasn't in answer to me because think he could take us all the way yto the PL given time.

The thing is with city fans, if its going great, we will win the league, if it isn't, then we are the worst team to ever walk the earth. Its the same for mcinnes, yes he's done a fine job, but lets just leave it to him. All we can do is to support the team!

Pathetic.

Spot on Oops.

Someone, at some point will unleash this beast of a club. The biggest City not in the Prem, a wealthy and ambitious owner, new stadium etc etc. Why not us and why not with Del? Do you honestly think he would have taken this job and uprouted his young family if he thought it was temporary?

This guy could really do something and do it with BCFC, with the stadium in place (or started for that matter) we could match where Del wants to go. Why not us?

With the right management from top to bottom at this club we have the potential to go far. Top 10-12 in the prem isn't a unrealistic target. I believe we could regularly get 28-35k giving the right style of football which Del is currently bringing.

Bristol and the south west is crying out for a prem team. We have a unrivalled catchment. Can't think of many other teams with such a catchment area as ours. Nearest prem clubs to us is a at least a hour and half drive north or east, That is massive. Prem football and new stadium and this club will go places.

For once I actually believe Del has the potential to tap into all of that. Del gives every player confidence in their own abilities, He hasn't over complicated things, Tells each players their roles and gives them the freedom to express themselves. The fact so many fans and players are giving him so much credit so early on is a massive credit to the guy and I truly believe so far he hasn't even got going. Just so far took things back to basics. Given two transfer windows and a pre season I believe next season will be special.

But as Del would say, The only thing we should be concentrating on now is the game tomorrow night. Take each game as it comes, Work hard and the league table will take care of itself.

Clearly we have a very talented manager, Whilst he is working his magic from the touchline everyone behind the scenes must do all they can to progress this club off the pitch, Because even now in some areas we are still league one. The community stuff is great (also great pr) and it will help get those kids out on Man Utd shirts but what needs to happen is once we attract them fans we must do all we can to accommodate them by having top class ticketing systems, Value for money, Great customer service and ensuring there is hot food available at half time. The club has come a long way off the pitch but just like on the pitch the club always needs to be looking to improve as a whole and ensure staff never fall into a comfort zone as that is what has held us back for many moons.

IF I'm perfectly honest I would love to see Mr.McInnes stay with The Club for as long as Possible,Personally I don't know what he's done to said to The Academy/Team Lately but The Team Morale seems to be happier and more secure than ever before, they seem happy,secure and are ready to fight and ready to be a Team again and they seem happy to play for The Manager, he seems to have turned The Club,The Players,Coach's and The Fans around and they're doesn't seem much negativity anymore, its like Mr.McInnes knows what these Players are capable of,he knows we can Win, he knows we can be The Best Of The Best, be The Top Of The League, I feel this is one of The Best Manager's we've had in a long time and I hope and pray one day I get to meet Mr McInnes to Thank Him for doing his incredible job that he's been doing as of late

Archived